Pre-Season

We lined up like this

-----------------Ridgers---------------

--McKay-Donaldson--McCart--Tremarco--

-------------Carson------Trafford-------------

--Walsh----------Keatings--------Machado---

---------------------Todorov------------------------

I was delayed getting into the ground as there was a huge queue with only one turnstile open.  We were fairly innocuous going forward, with only Walsh really causing any threat.  Hearts took the lead when McDonald volleyed home from a set piece after losing Machado, maybe the young guy showing a bit of naivety defensively.  Hearts then carved out a number of great chances but were denied by a string of superb saves by Ridgers - three or four of his saves during the match were from the top drawer.  Hearts were pretty dominant with not much happening for us, we did improve when White came on, his link up play was better than Todorov's, who looks pretty raw.  Mitch Curry and Roddy MacGregor were both lively when they came on and I see that Curry has been credited with our goal, although it was announced as Todorov.  Carson looked industrious and put in a few solid tackles and used the ball simply, which I liked.  We really need a lot more from the '3' if we are going to do anything this season.  I thought Keatings was pretty disappointing, didn't really show much.  

Seemed a good turnout, a lot of fans were delayed getting in, maybe more than was expected.  Hopefully Angus Beith makes a few quid out of it.

2 hours ago, ictchris said:

We lined up like this

-----------------Ridgers---------------

--McKay-Donaldson--McCart--Tremarco--

-------------Carson------Trafford-------------

--Walsh----------Keatings--------Machado---

---------------------Todorov------------------------

I was delayed getting into the ground as there was a huge queue with only one turnstile open.  We were fairly innocuous going forward, with only Walsh really causing any threat.  Hearts took the lead when McDonald volleyed home from a set piece after losing Machado, maybe the young guy showing a bit of naivety defensively.  Hearts then carved out a number of great chances but were denied by a string of superb saves by Ridgers - three or four of his saves during the match were from the top drawer.  Hearts were pretty dominant with not much happening for us, we did improve when White came on, his link up play was better than Todorov's, who looks pretty raw.  Mitch Curry and Roddy MacGregor were both lively when they came on and I see that Curry has been credited with our goal, although it was announced as Todorov.  Carson looked industrious and put in a few solid tackles and used the ball simply, which I liked.  We really need a lot more from the '3' if we are going to do anything this season.  I thought Keatings was pretty disappointing, didn't really show much.  

Seemed a good turnout, a lot of fans were delayed getting in, maybe more than was expected.  Hopefully Angus Beith makes a few quid out of it.

I've had high hopes for Keatings. He had a good chance to win it late on, lost his composure and blasted over. Would have been robbery though.

On 7/7/2019 at 6:49 PM, Rasczak said:

I see TM4TJ has updated the CTO article. Still nothing on the ICT site and the match report for the Aberdeen game has Robbo talking about the 3 matches of Aberdeen, Hearts and St Johnstone being scheduled as a step up from Highland League sides before the Peterhead game in the cup.

Has no one told ICT about the game or have Wick got things wrong? 

On 7/7/2019 at 7:06 PM, ICTPAISLEY said:

Wick game is going ahead, it’s probably just going to be a weaker side that plays.

Didn't get a chance to go along last night, kids and school holidays interfering, but there was a post on the ICT site saying it was going to be development squad. Checked the WAFC site and it shows a 3-2 win for Wick.

9 minutes ago, Rasczak said:

Didn't get a chance to go along last night, kids and school holidays interfering, but there was a post on the ICT site saying it was going to be development squad. Checked the WAFC site and it shows a 3-2 win for Wick.

Line up against Wick, Machado and Kennedy were the goal scorers.

C2FCF9F0-2F81-4505-A95E-82B439459757.png

• Agree 1

Probably a useful work out for the youngsters and could indicate that playing the idle team each Saturday would be sensible as they would get experience against older and probably tougher players than they get at under 18 level. 

• Like 1

A very good result and some strong performances. The comparison between last pre season and this is like night and day. Robbo has compiled a very strong squad IMO, and this coupled with some very good young players coming through, should see us being serious challengers this season.

• Agree 5

Some really good signs tonight. First half the saints had a lot of possession and we defended really well. Restricted them to a couple of decent chances. Up front Walsh was the danger and everything went through him. He provided good ball in for a nice close finish from Keating. Second half we looked more dangerous. Machado is a talent for sure. Todorov scoring from a corner following Mitch forcing a good save from saints keeper. Machado in the right place for a nice third. Carson was very impressive and looks a great addition. Listen people we are looking good. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Really impressed by the performance last night. Davie Carson looks like he will be a brilliant signing. He's all action and loves a tackle. I thought Todorov was very good at centre half and when he went up top. He showed loads of energy and never stopped running. The young guys all did well also. Especially Machado and McGregor. Really looking forward to the competitive games kicking off next week. 

• Agree 2

From a distance that felt like a really good pre season, especially the performances against the Premiership clubs.  Must give us confidence for the more competitive matches about to start.  I'm looking forward to the season with a good deal of optimism.  Good luck lads, have a good one!

• Agree 3

last year's pre-season my comments were  slated for pointing out weaknesses, however these weaknesses have now been rectified really well. Last night's showing was impressive, the potential is there for  presenting a side capable of winning 98% of matches, I am excited about our players and our chances of producing the goods. Just one thing bothers me are penalty giveaways going to become a habit, I certainly hope not, that one is up to Robbo and I am sure he is well aware of it.

Bring it on, the new pitch is ready, the Team is ready, I am ready and from what I learned from people at  last nights match I think our support is ready. 

final comment :-  That was an excellent referee last night.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1