Pitch Improvements

Fraz

15 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

:clapoverhead::clapoverhead: Greentech Sportstuff are qualified to deal with aquifers as well.

One wonders where the finances are coming from ? :furtive:

Our Scottish Cup run?

38 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

:clapoverhead::clapoverhead: Greentech Sportstuff are qualified to deal with aquifers as well.

One wonders where the finances are coming from ? :furtive:

Thought the seer would already know that. 

Implementation of Pitch improvements that were delayed last year, is excellent news

Noting that our better players are getting contract extensions, new players in general are getting longer contracts than the previous regime seemed to give out (to our cost) recruitment being maintained in each of the last windows, and more expensive players 'eased out' over the past two seasons (to help balance the books?), plus rebuffing approaches for our manager (please maintain that stance), whilst season ticket prices don't seem to have raised many hackles this time around...in many respects our current board seems to be doing the right thing. Of course communication with the fans is perhaps the one bone of contention.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I wonder whether the pitch relaying might be an opportunity to strip out the USH since it is no longer a requirement.

We had a wonderful playing surface prior to fitting it and, largely due to our seafront location, only had one game postponed due to a frozen surface.

Since it was fitted and destroyed the drainage we have had a poorer and poorer playing surface despite Tommy's valiant efforts and have had umpteen mstches called off due to waterlogging.

43 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I wonder whether the pitch relaying might be an opportunity to strip out the USH since it is no longer a requirement.

Is that because we’re in the Championship or has it been dropped altogether? 

I’ve been saying for years that it shouldn’t have been mandatory. The clubs without it should have just been willing to accept a fine if a game was postponed.

2 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Is that because we’re in the Championship or has it been dropped altogether?

I was checking up on it while you were asking the question!

Apparently the requirement for undersoil heating was dropped - along with the requirement for 6000 seats - when the SPL and SPFL merged a few years ago.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Apparently the requirement for undersoil heating was dropped - along with the requirement for 6000 seats - when the SPL and SPFL merged a few years ago.

What he says.

5 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

I suppose I should have known this, as I saved the licensing requirements as a pdf on my iPad and occasionally have a squint at them if I can’t sleep ?

32 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

I suppose I should have known this, as I saved the licensing requirements as a pdf on my iPad and occasionally have a squint at them if I can’t sleep ?

You need the SFA licensing requirements and the SPFL rules.  The SFA licensing requrements set the requirements for each level - USH is only at gold level - and the SPFL rules which who say what level is required for each league, as below:

"D4.4 any  ground  which  a  Club  or  the  Candidate  Club  registers  or  is  deemed  to have  registered  as  its  Registered  Ground,  must,  by  not  later  than  31st March preceding any Season and for the whole of that Season:

D4.4.1 with  respect  to  Clubs  entitled  to  play  in  the  Premiership  and  the Championship have achieved and maintain with respect to stadia criteria  at  least  the  Bronze  Standard  set  out  in The  Scottish Football  Association  National  Club  Licensing  Manual  in  force  and as amended or supplemented from time to time;

D4.4.2 with  respect  to  Clubs  and  Candidate  Clubs  entitled  to  play  in  League  One  and  League  Two  have  achieved  and  maintain  with respect to stadia criteria at least the Entry Level Standard set out in The   Scottish   Football   Association   National   Club   Licensing Manual  in  force  and  as  amended  or  supplemented  from  time  to time;

D4.4.3 with  respect  to  Clubs  entitled  to  play  in  the  Premiership  and  the Championship    have    had    and    have    adequate    winter    pitch protection, as provided in Rule H10;

H10 Each Club shall provide, maintain and use in such manner as to ensure its efficient and effective operation an adequate winter pitch protection system.  Such systems shall be fully utilised by the Home Club before any League Match or Play-Off Match where  there  is  a  reasonable  possibility  of  its  pitch  otherwise  being  frozen  or covered in snow or ice so as to ensure that the League Match is able to take place at the venue and on the date and time scheduled notwithstanding such possibility."

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

You need the SFA licensing requirements and the SPFL rules.  The SFA licensing requrements set the requirements for each level - USH is only at gold level - and the SPFL rules which who say what level is required for each league, as below:

"D4.4 any  ground  which  a  Club  or  the  Candidate  Club  registers  or  is  deemed  to have  registered  as  its  Registered  Ground,  must,  by  not  later  than  31st March preceding any Season and for the whole of that Season:

D4.4.1 with  respect  to  Clubs  entitled  to  play  in  the  Premiership  and  the Championship have achieved and maintain with respect to stadia criteria  at  least  the  Bronze  Standard  set  out  in The  Scottish Football  Association  National  Club  Licensing  Manual  in  force  and as amended or supplemented from time to time;

D4.4.2 with  respect  to  Clubs  and  Candidate  Clubs  entitled  to  play  in  League  One  and  League  Two  have  achieved  and  maintain  with respect to stadia criteria at least the Entry Level Standard set out in The   Scottish   Football   Association   National   Club   Licensing Manual  in  force  and  as  amended  or  supplemented  from  time  to time;

D4.4.3 with  respect  to  Clubs  entitled  to  play  in  the  Premiership  and  the Championship    have    had    and    have    adequate    winter    pitch protection, as provided in Rule H10;

H10 Each Club shall provide, maintain and use in such manner as to ensure its efficient and effective operation an adequate winter pitch protection system.  Such systems shall be fully utilised by the Home Club before any League Match or Play-Off Match where  there  is  a  reasonable  possibility  of  its  pitch  otherwise  being  frozen  or covered in snow or ice so as to ensure that the League Match is able to take place at the venue and on the date and time scheduled notwithstanding such possibility."

Cheers for that. I'd never looked at the SPFL rules but you can deduce it from the SFA requirements as only 5 Premiership clubs have Gold for their ground. Dundee and, surprisingly, Livi, only have Bronze. Since St Mirren stayed up, we won't be playing league games at any Gold stadiums next season ?