ICT 25 v FC Augsburg

OkelyTokely

Calm down, it's only a suggestion.

Thought our 25th anniversary year may be a good time for a game against one of our Twin Towns with Bundesliga outfit Augsburg, who we've been twinned with since 1956, my prime choice.

A full on accompanying Oktoberfest would obviously have to be part of the celebrations as would the rematch in Bavaria.

Food, and drink, for thought Mr CEO?

That is a brilliant idea - Get a Sponsor and put a Challenge Cup up as the award - Home and Away - and what about about an Oldies game - some of us have been there and done it !! Could be Bucharest Revisited (as long as lessons have been learned ?) - Anybody got old piccies ?

Off topic I know but, while I appreciate the connections particularly with St Valery, I've often wondered why Inverness is twinned with one city so much bigger and one village so much smaller but with no town or city of broadly similar size.

• Disagree 2

Would be a great idea to get some sort of link-up with Augsburg as part of the 25th Anniversary celebrations. 

I recall my cousin playing for an Inverness select against Celtic, Augsburg and a 4th club which escapes me (possibly Dunfermline) back in the early 80s in a  2 day tournament at the Bught Park.  I'm sure I've still got the programme in my loft.  Was always a bit puzzled why nothing more tangible ever came of the Augsburg connection.

Seems like loads of towns and village in Moray and Buchan are twinned with German towns and the relationship seems much more  active than ours is with Augsburg.

Having said that the apathy I witnessed around our last international friendly against Antwerp would suggest there wouldn't be a huge level of interest.  The Belgians took a very decent away support to Le Stade and probably out numbered those of us in the home end.  Unfortunately I'm not convinced Augsburg would be much different. 

21 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Off topic I know but, while I appreciate the connections particularly with St Valery, I've often wondered why Inverness is twinned with one city so much bigger and one village so much smaller but with no town or city of broadly similar size.

Stick to the thread or go to another forum with Buster ?

• Funny 1

On 6/8/2019 at 8:05 AM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Stick to the thread or go to another forum with Buster ?

If I'd said that then King Louis would have had my head removed.

I wonder if it's you or me getting special treatment? Maybe both?

55 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

He has given me more red cards this season than Morelos :redcard:

Just keep speaking your mind - and Augsburg would be very apt but it will never unfortunately happen.  :cry:

U check who gave u the read it's war now my man red dot his every word ! I never check who's red lighted me end in a war of words lol

19 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

That would just be lowering myself to their standards. I very rarely give a red unless I am stirring :lol: I would prefer to respond or challenge. Everybody is entitled to their opinions but you just can't but upset the bitter happy clappers at the best of times.

Haha I no nothing better than getting a nibble and a few red dots for pointing out the glaringly obvious!