New Kit

WYNESS101

I'm totally underwhelmed with the new top. The front is almost the same as the back, so why the big teasing reveal? I thought as the back was so plain, they would have come up with some really good design for the front. Basically, it's just a blue top, such imaginative designing.

It's ok, but after the disappointment of the third kit being a rip off of the Sampdoria away kit I was hoping for something a bit more unique and standout.

Shocked but not surprised by it!

The club has reached a milestone of 25 years since formation (remember when TWO teams went through what was quite a painful process to MERGE?) yet the two strips it releases for the anniversary predominantly only represent the colours of ONE of those teams?

Quite sad that 25 years on we still have such issues at the club! ?⚫?⚪

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

I agree we are identified by most as red and blue stripes. Why do we keep changing our identity. And why always blue. I hate being misidentified as a rangers fan. Not impressed.

Whilst I quite like the new top I think this is a valid point. The continual changes of style of the tops means we don't really have a classic ICT style of strip which I would quite like to see. Red and blue stripes from a few years back anyone?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Shocked but not surprised by it!

The club has reached a milestone of 25 years since formation (remember when TWO teams went through what was quite a painful process to MERGE?) yet the two strips it releases for the anniversary predominantly only represent the colours of ONE of those teams?

Quite sad that 25 years on we still have such issues at the club! ?⚫?⚪

Cue Jethro Tull and "Living in the Past". Or lets paint the bogs red and black.

I kinda like the new strip. Vast improvement on last years abomination. Have to ask why the board dont listen to the fans tho. Seems that many people like the blue and red striped tops the most, yet, that seems to be falling on deaf ears.

The new home top should have been designed as a variation on the brilliant new 3rd/ 25th anniversary kit ... i.e. mainly blue (instead of white) but with red and black vertical stripes to the side. That would have been eye-catching, classy and a sensible tipping of the hat to both legacy clubs in this landmark season. 

• Agree 1

I actually quite like it but then I don't have an affinity to either of the clubs from the past having not supported either back in the day. I can though understand the comments above and where some people are coming from.

One thing I do know is that whatever colours we wear I'll still support the team in the same way and it will have no bearing on how they play, the club has more important obstacles to overcome that we should be focusing on.

37 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Wonder how many moaning on here re too much blue etc actually buy kit? By all means dont like it but come on its been 25 years FFS 

I've had a moan I freely admit. No harm in voicing an opinion though. Can't help feeling a little disappointed on the day of release after all the anticipation but I'll still buy as I usually do because, at the end of the day, I'm proud of the club and want to show my support.

44 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

By all means dont like it but come on its been 25 years FFS 

Surely that's the point! The club are making an attempt to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the formation of ICT, yet they release an effectively all-blue home kit and all-white third kit. Hardly seems to me to be a recognition of the merging of two separate clubs to form the current club?

Yes it has been 25 years and yet here we are still facing the same issues 25 years later!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Surely that's the point! The club are making an attempt to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the formation of ICT, yet they release an effectively all-blue home kit and all-white third kit. Hardly seems to me to be a recognition of the merging of two separate clubs to form the current club?

Yes it has been 25 years and yet here we are still facing the same issues 25 years later!

Surely if you think about it another way it should be a celebration of a club which is 25 years old and not the recognition of the two previous clubs merging? Looking at it as a recognition is looking backwards, looking at it as a celebration of the current club is looking forward.

If you cling onto the past then you'll never look forward. 

Maybe I'm just thinking about it all the wrong way.

5 minutes ago, MrCaleyjag said:

Surely if you think about it another way it should be a celebration of a club which is 25 years old and not the recognition of the two previous clubs merging? Looking at it as a recognition is looking backwards, looking at it as a celebration of the current club is looking forward.

If you cling onto the past then you'll never look forward. 

Maybe I'm just thinking about it all the wrong way.

You've said above that you have no affinity to either founder club so I wouldn't expect you to understand how strongly I feel about it.

13 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

You've said above that you have no affinity to either founder club so I wouldn't expect you to understand how strongly I feel about it.

41 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

We have a blue home kit. A black away and a special ICT25 kit so????? 

I do come from a significant pre merger background but honestly its the folk that buy the strips now who matter. 

For me, there's far too much caley in the club . In the name, in the stadium name and in the club colours. I can see how the old caley fans don't understand how it affects the Thistle side, but I wonder how calm they would be if we played in predominantly red tops with a smidgeon of blue and we played at the Thistle park and we were called Inverness Thistle C.?

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

We have a blue home kit. A black away and a special ICT25 kit so????? 

I do come from a significant pre merger background but honestly its the folk that buy the strips now who matter. 

I disagree. The home kit, in particular, is the recognised identity of the club. We've had red and blue stripes in the past and which was universally acceptable to all fans of the club and a unique within scottish football. Why the  sudden change back to all blue?

• Like 1

At the end of the day I am firmly in the red/blue stripes camp. That is our identity.Whether you like it or not, Red/Black/Blue/White are the founding colours of our club and our home kit should always reflect that fairly. Google 'Barcelona Historical Kits' and there are plenty of variations on a theme that stay within those limits and ensure ongoing sales. I am sure the same would probably be true of others who play in red/blue. If you want to experiment with other kits or colours then do so with 2nd kit or 3rd kits .... 

I dont have all the home kits, but I do have most of them and the ones that get the most positive comments are always the red/blue stripes. The black away kit was a close runner up. 

• Agree 2

Perhaps we are looking at the 25th anniversary celebration of a new club, a new beginning and the "burial" of Caledonian and Inverness Thistle. Of course there will be members of an older generation who still grieve and will always (totally understandably) hold dear the teams that they followed from their early years. I really don't think that there are any conspiracy theories and the "Blue" has become the colour of choice for the next generation. I bet if you had a poll the majority now would not give a feck as to the pre-merger memories and whinges.