Sign in to follow this  
WYNESS101

New Kit

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Perhaps we are looking at the 25th anniversary celebration of a new club, a new beginning and the "burial" of Caledonian and Inverness Thistle. Of course there will be members of an older generation who still grieve and will always (totally understandably) hold dear the teams that they followed from their early years. I really don't think that there are any conspiracy theories and the "Blue" has become the colour of choice for the next generation. I bet if you had a poll the majority now would not give a feck as to the pre-merger memories and whinges.

Good try IHE another fishing expedition. Hope you get the odd bite 🐟

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was actually being serious. I will always have a "CaleytillIdie" mentality but lets face it many of US and our Jeggie equivalents have departed to the Howden End and The Shed in the sky. In 25 years, apart from any Immortals, there will be very, very few left.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not a merger argument...it's not even an argument IMO...it's about people expressing an opinion that the club has failed to properly recognise the clubs roots in both strips released for our 25th Anniversary.  Regardless of how good, bad or indifferent you think the strip is as a design...it can't be argued that it fairly represents the club's roots.

Also...why do we need to bury the events and histories of the clubs sacrificed to bring ICTFC into existence?  To try and do so is utterly disrespectful to those on all sides at the time, to those who moved forward and worked tirelessly to try and ensure it was a success and even to those who decided not to follow ICTFC.

The solution is pretty simple....FAIRLY represent the 109 or so years of history from BOTH the pre-merger clubs.  Do that and the constantly recurring "they get more recognition than them" issue goes away and all fans...young and old alike...can properly embrace all 134ish years of history.

One Great Club - Three Great Histories

Let's celebrate it, not obliterate it.

  • Agree 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

This is not a merger argument...it's not even an argument IMO...it's about people expressing an opinion that the club has failed to properly recognise the clubs roots in both strips released for our 25th Anniversary.  Regardless of how good, bad or indifferent you think the strip is as a design...it can't be argued that it fairly represents the club's roots.

Also...why do we need to bury the events and histories of the clubs sacrificed to bring ICTFC into existence?  To try and do so is utterly disrespectful to those on all sides at the time, to those who moved forward and worked tirelessly to try and ensure it was a success and even to those who decided not to follow ICTFC.

The solution is pretty simple....FAIRLY represent the 109 or so years of history from BOTH the pre-merger clubs.  Do that and the constantly recurring "they get more recognition than them" issue goes away and all fans...young and old alike...can properly embrace all 134ish years of history.

One Great Club - Three Great Histories

Let's celebrate it, not obliterate it.

Very well put! :clapping:

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we're going for the blue megabus seat upholstery look again. 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

There are some very good fishermen on here, but there are others who are rank amateurs. 

IHE is at number 1 but TopSix does not make the topsix. 🐠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New first choice top is overwhelmed by the size of the McEwan Fraser writing. That and the pattern put me off buying it. I'd much rather have the 25th Anniversary one , if available for sale, but not until August apparently. Once again the late availability meant missed opportunities to sell to the youngsters who wanted to wear them when away on their hols these last two weeks.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Row S said:

New first choice top is overwhelmed by the size of the McEwan Fraser writing. That and the pattern put me off buying it. I'd much rather have the 25th Anniversary one , if available for sale, but not until August apparently. Once again the late availability meant missed opportunities to sell to the youngsters who wanted to wear them when away on their hols these last two weeks.

Pre Order IIRC, they said was sometime in July (so any time within the next fortnight) and will be on general sale sometime in August.

 

Still haven't decided whether I'm going to keep it in its commemorative box, or if I'm going to get it framed...depends if they put out a special match programme...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Row S said:

New first choice top is overwhelmed by the size of the McEwan Fraser writing.

Could be worse 😉

 

966EB1E9-BD95-4CD2-ACCF-45B608F3E348.jpeg

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Could be worse 😉

 

966EB1E9-BD95-4CD2-ACCF-45B608F3E348.jpeg

It could be worse, but given that Huddersfield are being sponsored not to have Paddy Power on their shirts, I think a lot of fans would be happy with that outcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

It could be worse, but given that Huddersfield are being sponsored not to have Paddy Power on their shirts, I think a lot of fans would be happy with that outcome. 

I thought there was a limit to the size of lettering allowed on shirts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the limit actually applies to the space taken up by the sponsor’s name, which in turn restricts letter size. But the example above is non compliant anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

I thought there was a limit to the size of lettering allowed on shirts?

There is. That was a publicity stunt. Their official shirts have no sponsors name. Paddy Power say they are paying them not to have their name on the shirt. 

And it has generated a load of publicity, so the name probably doesn’t need to be on the shirt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

There is. That was a publicity stunt. Their official shirts have no sponsors name. Paddy Power say they are paying them not to have their name on the shirt. 

And it has generated a load of publicity, so the name probably doesn’t need to be on the shirt. 

Actually wonder how our kits would look if we followed the #SaveOurKit campaign. Most of them have been designed to look decent with the sponsor logo, not really designed for without...

Guess it's more suited to teams that use the same design year in year out, not like us where we have a new design every season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think the new kit pretty popular going by the number being worn in North Stand today. A lot of youngsters wearing it too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And........

I'm not one for making judgements on these things, in fact i couldn't even tell you if they wore it today, but it has been mentioned earlier in the topic that it is underwhelming. And that's my opinion too. Of all the options available in the world, this is the chosen one. So be it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing the new kit in the flesh for the first time today, left me totally underwhelmed. It must be the most unimaginative design we have ever had, even eclipsing the deplorable league cup final one. I wonder who had the final say so on the design? Their judgement leaves a lot to be desired in our 25th year. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The size of the sponsor ruins the top a bit. Who decided to triple the size of McEwan Fraser? If it had the same size sponsor as last year it would be a nice enough kit but I don't fancy walking about in a McEwen Fraser billboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incase anyone was wondering, the 25th anniversary kit is getting shipped tonight (6/8/19) and fully available tomorrow (7/8/19) at the shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2019 at 8:53 AM, Joe DiMaggio said:

The size of the sponsor ruins the top a bit. Who decided to triple the size of McEwan Fraser? If it had the same size sponsor as last year it would be a nice enough kit but I don't fancy walking about in a McEwen Fraser billboard.

One of the directors has said that it breaches the rules for sponsor size and they've had to order new shirts for the players.  Replica shirts will not be changed though.  They seem to think fans won't notice 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buster said:

One of the directors has said that it breaches the rules for sponsor size and they've had to order new shirts for the players.  Replica shirts will not be changed though.  They seem to think fans won't notice 😆

things just don't change. laughing stock once again. why oh why can't we get such a small detail right first time. fgs we have been doing it for 25 years!!! 😡

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • FB_caley_thisle_online_970x90.jpg

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.