Predictions for the new season

buckett

Winners of Irn Bru Cup.

Beaten semi-finalists in League Cup

Get nowhere in Scottish Cup.

Steady start in the league and by January we're on top, closely challenged by Dundee United. By April we're well in front - automatic promotion to SPFL.

That'll do me!!

Oh aye, and Robbo gets poached by an SPFL club at the end of the season.

Any more seers?

8 hours ago, buckett said:

Winners of Irn Bru Cup.

Beaten semi-finalists in League Cup

Get nowhere in Scottish Cup.

Steady start in the league and by January we're on top, closely challenged by Dundee United. By April we're well in front - automatic promotion to SPFL.

That'll do me!!

Oh aye, and Robbo gets poached by an SPFL club at the end of the season.

Any more seers?

Robbo is already manager of an SPFL club and hopefully, by the conclusion of next season, will be manager of a Premiership one.

8 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Robbo is already manager of an SPFL club and hopefully, by the conclusion of next season, will be manager of a Premiership one.

Fair point - got ma terminology mixed up.

Substitute "Premiership" for "SPFL" in the Opening Post.

Edited by buckett
Inserted a bit of punctuation.

I never make predictions and I never will...

?

League - 2nd

Scottish - Last 8

LC - nowhere, as per  get out of group but lose at the next hurdle

IRN Bru - semi

Robbo decides he has taken ICT far enuff and fecks off to China.

• Funny 2

As a seer try to avoid the bigger picture. As a supporter I like to take things one step at a time. Before I would make any predictions about the season I need to see what our squad looks like at the kick-off - I need to see how we perform in the LC group and I would love to see what our first five fixtures bring us. If we perform well in those opening fixtures and show that we really do have a squad to compete - then I will predict.

• Agree 2

Assuming that Robbo stays of course. After the frustration of last season perhaps he may be open to an approach from another club? Then what?  But, whether or not the new team can be sufficiently improved and strengthened taking into account the lack of money, that's an "iffy" situation right enuff.

Getting in the right players is definitely a challenge for Robbo but what if, at the end of the season, he is again pipped at the post? Will the club think about letting him go? If we finish lower than last season then I think that might be a possibility. But, if within 2 of the top, I predict that the Board would still keep Robbo at the helm of the ship.

Then what? Half-time entertainment (without which I can't see where the crowds are going to appear?). Raffles, even a Lotto thing?

We do seem to be in a ditch with high walls and what suggestions would you think will get more money into the coffers and allow us to climb  out and into the sunlight?

But, IHE,  I do like the way you predicate by way of your predictions. :tongue:

• Agree 1

We still need an extra player or two, would be interesting to see how season tickets have sold, if there is progress on stadium (and shirt) sponsorships etc.

If we can finance a player with a little bit extra then it could bode well for the coming season. If not it could be  that we struggle again, especially if we try to compete on every front, which as we all know doesn't work with a squad our size.

4 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Assuming that Robbo stays of course. After the frustration of last season perhaps he may be open to an approach from another club? Then what?  But, whether or not the new team can be sufficiently improved and strengthened taking into account the lack of money, that's an "iffy" situation right enuff.

Getting in the right players is definitely a challenge for Robbo but what if, at the end of the season, he is again pipped at the post? Will the club think about letting him go? If we finish lower than last season then I think that might be a possibility. But, if within 2 of the top, I predict that the Board would still keep Robbo at the helm of the ship.

Then what? Half-time entertainment (without which I can't see where the crowds are going to appear?). Raffles, even a Lotto thing?

We do seem to be in a ditch with high walls and what suggestions would you think will get more money into the coffers and allow us to climb  out and into the sunlight?

But, IHE,  I do like the way you predicate by way of your predictions. :tongue:

Methinks it's time for bed SP ? Night night.

Well top marks for trying to get the full squad together early doors and gives the players and the system time to fit in. Tick that box 9/10

Putting that into action in the LC group is also progressed but evidently still a wait and see.

Those first six fixtures are tough - especially travelling to Dundee twice in August - BUT get a good start from that and confidence wiil be high. Sme may say it is better to get that two out of the way early doors. But get nothing from Dundee x 2 and that will make progress more difficult

Arabs (a) - Smokies (h) - Dungdee (a) - Morton (h) - Dumbfarmlife (a) - Doonhamers (h) - Bring on the pre-season :bouncyblue:

• Like 1

Gotta be looking at 9 pts at home at least, need to sort out our pisspoor home form asap.

Set the tone for the season.

A few draws in Dundee will suffice as them two will be focussing on each other I'll bet.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

! If not what happens to Robbo sack?

I'll bite first - I can't believe you're asking that question when a ball hasn't even been kicked in the new season yet. How about we see how things go first of all.

1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

Gonna be a tough league this season huge statement by United getting Shankland Morton and Thistle have signed decent guys! Be a poor season if we don't get play offs and maybe a cup run or 2 going! If not what happens to Robbo sack?

Have you also lowered your expectations as from memory that's exactly what we achieved last season and unless I'm wrong on the whole it wasn't good enough for you. What's changed?

19 hours ago, MrCaleyjag said:

I'll bite first - I can't believe you're asking that question when a ball hasn't even been kicked in the new season yet. How about we see how things go first of all.

Have you also lowered your expectations as from memory that's exactly what we achieved last season and unless I'm wrong on the whole it wasn't good enough for you. What's changed?

Why not what's people's expectations how long does Robbo get or is it a job for life no matter the results? Your right wasn't good enough for me I was expecting a run at the league but tbf to Robbo the 1st season was pretty much a write of with the mad scramble for players! A question maybe should've asked after a few games but interesting to get people's thoughts is Robbo bulletproof ? What do the fans expect?

• Facepalm 1

When Steve Paterson was boss, it was a running joke on Saturday BBC Scotland football programmes that the ICT job was the safest in football and sacking our manager was as likely as seeing the loch ness monster sitting down for a cuppa at Drum ! We have dispensed with the services of only 3 managers in our history - Baltacha, Brewster and Foran, the rest all resigned or were poached. 

Robbo did a great job first time round with meagre resources to get us to the (then) SPFL and he seems to be doing a decent job this time with even fewer resources as he tries to get us back up to the Premiership for the second time as our manager. His recruitment seems better than most, he seems to be able to motivate players and if we have deficiencies its because we cant pay the wages right now that we used to in the premiership so perhaps the football is not quite so silky ! On that basis, knowing he is trying to get the best out of what he's got to hand - and assuming his tenure as our boss doesn't implode somehow - then he will do for me as long as he wants it. He's in it for the long haul, and so are we !! 

• Agree 5

We're basically starting the season with a new team...in a way. Going to be a tough start with the two Dundee's and I also think Arbroath might give folk a shock or two (they beat Hibs in a pre season friendly but I don't know what the Hibees line up was...not that I'd know their first team from their second mind ?) No easy games and not easy to predict how we'll do. The League Cuo Group will be a good pointer I think.

57 minutes ago, Scotty said:

We have dispensed with the services of only 3 managers in our history - Baltacha, Brewster and Foran, the rest all resigned or were poached. 

Don't think Baltacha counts...think it was more of a mutual cancellation rather than a sacking...iirc, it was to be with his family down in Perth.