Sign in to follow this  
DoofersDad

Club Support for Proud Ness

Recommended Posts

Good to see the club supporting Proud Ness. https://ictfc.com/proud-ness-and-inverness-caledonian-thistle-fc-announce-partnership  

Football is one of the last bastions of homophobia and it is good to see the club take positive action in supporting the LGBT community.  Scot Gardiner informed the Supporters Trust Board of this initiative last night at a meeting and we were delighted to offer him our support for the club's initiative 

For those interested, I have put more detail regarding our meeting last night on the Supporters Trust sub forum.

Edited by DoofersDad
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

load of nonsense no matter what your views on the issue. just leave people to be what they want to be without all the publicity. there are far more important problems in this world.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking your thoughts on the bigger issue aside and who the collaboration is with , I think the club should be applauded for getting involved.

For too long we've all been on here lambasting the board and club for not getting the ICT name out in the wider community and expecting things to come to them so it's good to see a more forward thinking approach.

I'm expecting now for the board to push on and get involved in more initiatives.

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MrCaleyjag said:

Taking your thoughts on the bigger issue aside and who the collaboration is with , I think the club should be applauded for getting involved.

For too long we've all been on here lambasting the board and club for not getting the ICT name out in the wider community and expecting things to come to them so it's good to see a more forward thinking approach.

I'm expecting now for the board to push on and get involved in more initiatives.

 

more like concentrating on getting the club on a sound financial footing and developing a sound foundation to attract investors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, caleyboy said:

load of nonsense no matter what your views on the issue. just leave people to be what they want to be without all the publicity. there are far more important problems in this world.

Indeed ... and typically the bulk of the LGBTQ community are more than happy with that. They dont seek to be treated any differently, just the opposite in fact. The problem - and I see it over here too - is that some individuals/organisations/businesses/groups seem to want to try too hard to show they are inclusive and non-discriminatory. I often wonder who they are trying to convince (themselves or others?) or if it is simply a case of self aggrandisement? 

Insert colour, race, religion, gender or sexuality and the scenarios and conversations are similar, its just the adjectives that change. I would humbly suggest that the best way to move forward is just to remove those adjectives in the first place and just be inclusive without any fanfare ! 

    

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

more like concentrating on getting the club on a sound financial footing and developing a sound foundation to attract investors.

Agreed but it all works together and one goes with the other.

Investors expect this type of involvement and in part it's about spreading the name and brand as well.

For what it's worth I do agree with your original post and believe there's far too much emphasis on it. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like the idea of what they are trying to do and i appreciate the effort. they are trying to engage with fans, albeit a minority of them. In practice though, will lgbt people be more likely to attend and give a huge boost to the coffers? probably not. we need to follow this up with other community engagement now and help create a stronger, brighter future for the club. this is a good starting point for something that has been lacking.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • FB_caley_thisle_online_970x90.jpg

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.