Team for Peterhead.

CaleyTennis

2 minutes ago, CameronMurray said:

Winning 3-0 would've been good however our first competitive game back the players are always going to be rusty. Even if we don't make it out of the group stages it may not be a bad thing as it means less games for a thin squad, and less chances of injuries.

so the Peterhead players weren't rusty?

9 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Just out of interest, did Ridgers miss the target or was it saved?

Let's just say it went wide, from where we were sitting he sliced it. 

HOWEVER without Ridgers playing it wouldn't have gone to penalties, he had 3 or 4 fantastic second half saves. Disappointing but it's only the start of the season.

22 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Although a warning of what may  be to come don't you think?

The- team---- should they  not be fresh out of the blocks , regardless of when and whom they are playing?

I suppose it's always disappointing to start a season off like this, but I'd rather see how they are getting on in October when the players should be at maximum match sharpness. If they're doing poorly at that point then maybe there is cause for concern.

• Agree 1

Ridgers was the clear man of the match before sclaffing his penalty wide.

It's one thing to draw a flat League Cup tie against a part-time side, quite another to be dominated by one as we were for most of that second half. 

We set up with Carson and Trafford sitting in front of the back 4, and what looked initially like a dynamic and interchangeable front 4 with Keatings playing as a 10 and Walsh and Curry pushing up high from the wide areas. There was the odd flash of creativity from Keatings - he's probably not match sharp yet. As with the friendlies, it was Tom Walsh that looked our biggest threat and he put a couple of decent balls into the box, one of which White should've connected with - the big man was played in on goal shortly afterwards but didn't have the composure to get a decent shot away. 

Carson moved to right-back when Vincent replaced McKay at half-time and didn't look comfortable there. But that doesn't explain what happened in the second half and I don't know what does. We were overrun - Peterhead were repeatedly able to pick their pass in the final third, and more often than not they got shots away from inside the box. 

I hope we get to see footage of the penalties. Charlie Trafford's was the highlight of the night. 

• Agree 1