New ICT Podcast

RiG

2 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Will this be a regular for Away Days?

At this time we aren't thinking of it being a regular feature more a special for certain away days but that could change of course. I think it worked out quite well and getting the views of other fans before / after the game in Legends was good. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Rig, can't  actually remember. Most probably though because  that link really  stands out and begs for a clicking...smile.

I tried the link above last night and didn't encounter any similar issues. Have another bash and see if you get the same issue again and let us know.

On 9/15/2019 at 9:25 PM, RiG said:

We recorded a Pars special yesterday with some chat about the game on the way to Fife, got the views of home and away fans and bundled it all up into a neat 20 minute bonus package for you to enjoy to round off your weekend in style.

https://thewynessshuffle.podbean.com/e/the-paralytics/

Enjoyed that but a couple of wee criticisms if I may. Recording on the train isn't the best with the drone of the train and the wee swear words crept in which wasn't good....but I'm ok the later personally. Good work. Well done.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m just in from night shift and I’ve listened to this from start to finish.

Brilliant lads. I’d encourage all ICT fans to have a listen and to enjoy the comprehensive and banterous chat herein.

I think I recognise spit-dis as the band who make up the fill-in spots, that makes for great listening. I look forward to the next one chaps!  

• Like 2

Listened on way home on Saturday after the game on Spotify. Another excellent show.

Some ideas....

Player of the Month
Goal of the Month
Do more Episodes like the Dunfermline game
Try get some interviews with players (present/past) and do a QA with them about there careers etc....
Best away days
Strangest thing you've seen at a game of football 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, WYNESS101 said:

Listened on way home on Saturday after the game on Spotify. Another excellent show.

Some ideas....

Player of the Month
Goal of the Month
Do more Episodes like the Dunfermline game
Try get some interviews with players (present/past) and do a QA with them about there careers etc....
Best away days
Strangest thing you've seen at a game of football 

Cheers! And thank you for taking the time to offer a few suggestions for future pods. We have been taking turns to do player ratings at each match, so a player of the month is potentially something we could do, as is goal of the month, of course. I think we'd all really like to do more episodes like the Dunfermline game one, so hopefully there will be others - the biggest barrier is the fact that all the recordings then needs to be edited into a coherent episode in a fairly short time-frame. And among ourselves, we have already discussed the possibility of trying to set up interviews with past players, so fingers crossed that could happen too.

13 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

I agree with Gringo that the swearing  lowers the class of the PODCAST.  Otherwise it's just outstanding and clearly the contributors are well versed Caleywise and very smart cookies as well. :clapoverhead:

Thanks again for the kind words.

To address the comments about swearing that have come up, obviously we've no desire to offend or alienate any ICT supporters, and I don't think that we set out to swear in any given episode (direct quotation from Paul McGowan in Ep 3 aside), but in a 60-75 show that is pretty much unscripted apart from the intros and links, and in which we are speaking pretty much in the way we might speak to each other in everyday life, it's probably inevitable that the odd swearword will emerge. And there are times when a more restrained, mannered word or phrase just doesn't seem adequate to capture the emotions involved in a particular topic or recollection. For example, when I was discussing John Hughes' quoted predictions for Dani Lopez versus the reality of his contribution, a couple of s-words slipped out; that wasn't pre-planned, but I can't regret it either, because it reflected the way I felt far more accurately than anything else would have done.

In any case, there were, I believe, fewer swearwords used in the most recent pod than in the previous one, so maybe we're getting better! And as Caley Stan pointed out above, while the other three of us might be able to rein it in successfully, it would probably be a lost cause trying to persuade RiG to tone down his language, as he's so intractably foul-mouthed.      

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...