New ICT Podcast

RiG

43 minutes ago, RiG said:

...It's a track by therealstevekellky who gave us permission to use it which was very nice of him. You can see / listen to it on YouTube:

This track still as relevant now as the day it was born.

Timestamps on the pod a useful addition,  but overall length isn't an issue atm,  as most of us have plenty free time to kill.

Keep it real.

• Like 1

Not a new pod but we are running some polls to help decide our choice for ICT Goal of the Season! Get your vote in on Twitter! You can see all the goals in the threads on Twitter.

2 hours ago, Satan said:

This track still as relevant now as the day it was born.

Timestamps on the pod a useful addition,  but overall length isn't an issue atm,  as most of us have plenty free time to kill.

Keep it real.

It's really good to hear that - cheers! We did have a discussion about the unusual length once we had finished recording, but hoped that the majority of listeners would be more tolerant of it than they would in other circumstances because of the 'time to kill' factor. The edit is a lot of work for Moff at the best of times. Glad the time stamps were helpful too.  

10 hours ago, RiG said:

What kind of length do you think we should aim for? In the past we've tried to aim for around an hour but for the last one we weren't sure it would work too well split up in two parts so I put some timestamps in to let people jump to parts they want to hear.

Didn't mean to make it sound as if it wasn't interesting as the word waffle tends to suggest lol. I think anything over an hour tends to drag on a bit but if the subject matter holds the listeners attention then you're on a winner. The timestamps are very useful if you want to give the ears a rest and return to a particular section. Must say I enjoy the interviews with players a lot. The Wyness Shuffle is a great thing you do and keeps the likes of me up to speed with what's happening up there. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RiG said:

What kind of length do you think we should aim for? In the past we've tried to aim for around an hour but for the last one we weren't sure it would work too well split up in two parts so I put some timestamps in to let people jump to parts they want to hear.

It's a track by therealstevekellky who gave us permission to use it which was very nice of him. You can see / listen to it on YouTube:

Never thought that was made by a Dingle Dweller, always thought it was an Invernesian that did it

11 hours ago, Gringo said:

Didn't mean to make it sound as if it wasn't interesting as the word waffle tends to suggest lol. I think anything over an hour tends to drag on a bit but if the subject matter holds the listeners attention then you're on a winner. The timestamps are very useful if you want to give the ears a rest and return to a particular section. Must say I enjoy the interviews with players a lot. The Wyness Shuffle is a great thing you do and keeps the likes of me up to speed with what's happening up there. 

Don't worry I certainly never took it that way and it's good to get an idea of how long folk are likely to listen to a podcast without maybe wanting to pause it and pick it up again at another time. I'm sure we could easily ramble on about ICT for two hours and stick that out but if folk like pods around an hour long that would be pointless. As I say I think around an hour is a good target. Anything much longer than that and I think people would tune out a little. 

• Agree 1

We have a belter of a pod out this week with 2 former ICT players

Out of interest which players past or present would you like to hear us interview?

Edited by RedCard

7 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Ryan and Charlie Christie.

Interesting to have a Father/Son duo on the pod...

Seconded.

My choice - Rossco and Bobby Mann.

Brewster and Butcher...:hiding02:

Really interesting podcast from moneyball author Micheal Lewis about referees and the way the more important clubs and players feel they can be above the rules. Also shows how abuse of referees has increased with some thoughts why. 

Rage at referees is all the rage in professional sports. Michael Lewis visits a replay center that’s trying to do the impossible: adjudicate fairness. Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices

* Episode Download link (52 MB): https://chtbl.com/track/39E17/traffic.megaphone.fm/DGT4791254283.mp3

Some of the guys recorded the pod yesterday so it should be ready to go pretty soon. In the meantime cast your vote in the final of The Wyness Shuffle Goal of the Season between Carl Tremarco and, perhaps surprisingly, Nikolay Todorov...