New ICT Podcast

RiG

Just finished this epic and must say it's the best one yet despite the length - well, what else have we got to do anyway. Full credit to Charlie and Ryan for being open and honest. A great insight. You can really feel the passion they both have for ICT. Well done everyone.

Loved it gringo. 

Great chat and good honesty from charlie.

Think the feedback from ryan and liam p really emphasis the great tactical and technique progression of the youth players but highlights the core fitness coaching that needs greater focus. 

I think charlie is a little rose tinted when viewing John Hughes who didn't have a great acquisition record but a fab coaching one. 

Listened to this and Yogis interview with Ian Auld back to back and found them both very interesting. 

https://mcdn.podbean.com/mf/web/5uqegn/Yogi.mp3

Would love one with Robbo as his insights and commentary would be great . But i dont know if he would do one with you guys while still manager. 

Could Alan Simpson ask the questions?.....🤣🤣

• Agree 1

Just got round to listening listening to The Christie Legacy and it is the best one yet, and the sound quality was much better which I know will not be easy at present well done again guys.  If you haven't listened don't be put of by the length of the podcast.

Next week The Wyness Shuffle Podcast will be chatting to Caley Thistle CEO ScotGardiner so if you have a question for Scot post them on this thread and we'll try and cram as many in as possible #ICTFC 🔴🔵

Edited by RedCard

It would be good to get an indication of how the club’s finances are given the pandemic and the risks we face if the season is delayed until Christmas or longer. What plans have they to get us through this and what is the prospect of new faces for key positions. 

1. What are his plans for increasing community engagement and initiatives to engage the city with the club? Basically how will he generate more income into the club and get more fans into the club.

2. More of a reflective question, caveated with the change in chair. Does he accept the club made a hash of the 25th anniversary? As a fan, there was lots of broken promises and it seemed to be targeted at making money rather than sharing experiences/memories with supporters and celebrating a quite astonishing success. 

Vote running for one of four players to be crowned the inaugural Wyness Shuffle Player of the Year. Vote on Twitter if you like that kind of thing...

Edited by RiG

On 6/6/2020 at 8:53 PM, Stirling Observer said:

Does he accept the club made a hash of the 25th anniversary? As a fan, there was lots of broken promises and it seemed to be targeted at making money rather than sharing experiences/memories with supporters and celebrating a quite astonishing success. 

Out of interest, what were the broken promises you're referring to? The 25th anniversary year certainly seemed underwhelming and as a centrepiece, the ball at the Drummossie was really ill-conceived, but I can't remember what else was promised.

17 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

Out of interest, what were the broken promises you're referring to? The 25th anniversary year certainly seemed underwhelming and as a centrepiece, the ball at the Drummossie was really ill-conceived, but I can't remember what else was promised.

Was there not meant to be a showpiece friendly?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robert said:

Was there not meant to be a showpiece friendly?

Aye. Going to be miffed if they try and say the Aberdeen and St Johnstone games were the big friendlies. Hope to see a significantly better friendlies line up when the football comes back, not a huge fan of Highland League teams every year (sure, it does tick them off the groundhopping list) but there defo needs to be a bit of spice in it, so we can show how we can perform, rather than pumping teams who're made up of people who have regular jobs and play the game on the side.

10 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

I guess its not too bad when you look back and most of it was Rae and Dalgarnos suggestions but there was

- There was talk of a video and photo book of the 25 year history.

- The 'keynote' match

-A hall of fame and museum within the stadium. ( I remember voting on a hall of fame) I can't remember anything about a museum within the club? Maybe there is. 

You can rehash my question if you want. Just wanted to voice my frustration at missed opportunity. I liked the strip and the logo. I know the 25membership raised funds but I feel it was a missed opportunity to bring the supporters, club, community together and celebrate our former players, volunteers and employees who contributed so much to our quite incredible history. Especially when it's compared against our pals in Elgin for example!!

Edited by Stirling Observer

2 hours ago, Stirling Observer said:

I guess its not too bad when you look back and most of it was Rae and Dalgarnos suggestions but there was

- There was talk of a video and photo book of the 25 year history.

- The 'keynote' match

-A hall of fame and museum within the stadium. ( I remember voting on a hall of fame) I can't remember anything about a museum within the club? Maybe there is. 

You can rehash my question if you want. Just wanted to voice my frustration at missed opportunity. I liked the strip and the logo. I know the 25membership raised funds but I feel it was a missed opportunity to bring the supporters, club, community together and celebrate our former players, volunteers and employees who contributed so much to our quite incredible history. Especially when it's compared against our pals in Elgin for example!!

Brilliant, thanks - I won't be on this episode, but I'll certainly pass it on to the guys who are interviewing SG. Even if they're late, it would be great if these things could still happen.

Would really like an answer to what financial decisions have to be confirmed by the league to allow Ictfc to confirm a squad and save the likes of Ryan Fyffe and  Jack Brown for the team. 

Those kids are good. If we are part time from covid they are the answer.  If we are full time in SPFL they are the depth. 

12 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

Brilliant, thanks - I won't be on this episode, but I'll certainly pass it on to the guys who are interviewing SG. Even if they're late, it would be great if these things could still happen.

With regards to ICT25 I am.personally disappointed that so far we have not seen Ian Broadfords book published and sold? I thought it was to be sold for last Christmas so would be good if at least available for the next one. 

On 6/7/2020 at 12:14 PM, RiG said:

Vote running for one of four players to be crowned the inaugural Wyness Shuffle Player of the Year. Vote on Twitter if you like that kind of thing...

Time is running out to vote in this poll. After the Bulgarian Mafia got involved in the Goal of the Season it seems the Bellshill Boyz are influencing this vote :laugh: Jordan White currently in the lead for the PotY.

• Funny 1

Brilliant again guys. All sounds very promising for the future of our club. Lots of seeds being sewn by the sounds of it so lets hope they can grow and not be poisoned by Covid19. Well done.

Great podcast as normal. Also good to hear the club is looking at the land around the stadium. Could easily have a bigger bar which does meals so more people would head down before match. Even have training pitches for the team and maybe some 4G pitches which they could hire out. 

• Agree 2