New ICT Podcast

RiG

A Christmas pod is out for your listening pleasure packed with December themed goodness!

Mark Ridgers and Robbie Deas drop by for a chat and we hear from Louis Lockhart, a regular at ICT home and away matches, on the Young Teams move to the West Stand, we look back over some of the recent matches, including the recent debacle against Hamilton, preview the festive fixture list and have a bit of a laugh trying to think of Christmas gifts for Championship managers and players as Christmas films.

And if that isn't enough you can be in with a chance of winning a signed Robbie Deas shirt if you follow us on Twitter, retweet and like the tweet below!

Disclaimer: This was recorded before the most recent announcements on restrictions on attending sporting events.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's good to be back! After a prolonged wait we've got a lovely new podcast for you all. Plenty of football chat about the last few weeks, a review of the recent signings, transfer window roundup around the division and interviews with Scott Allardice, Ryan Esson and new arrival Austin Samuels. Cor!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

A much happier pod this time round after the recent run of victories. There's a lot to get through including the usual round of results and looking ahead to the next few games (and hopefully playoffs), interviews with Reece McAlear and Cammy Harper, Iain Auld from ICTTCV and Highland Football Weekly pops in, that new strip and other bits and bobs.

• 4 weeks later...

Good evening!

We've got a wee preview of the Partick Thistle game on Tuesday, Partick supporter Marc Wallace gives us his thoughts on the game, we predict the line up and cast our eyes back over recent matches!

We'd love it if you gave it a listen so feel free to do so on Spotify, Apple, Google and basically anywhere that does podcasts - cheers!

• Agree 1

A good listen. This one is perhaps uncharacteristically serious and has a “before before” date of tomorrow as it focuses heavily on the Thistle tie, so give it a listen before then to build up the tension and really get in the mood for the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

A good listen. This one is perhaps uncharacteristically serious and has a “before before” date of tomorrow as it focuses heavily on the Thistle tie, so give it a listen before then to build up the tension and really get in the mood for the playoffs.

That's what happens when jovial prankster @RedCard isn't on the pod.

• 2 weeks later...

A wee Saint Johnstone Preview podcast for you all featuring Robbie Deas, Paul Cherry and Ross Tokely. We also get the inside scoop on Saint Johnstone and how the games on Friday and Monday might go. Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Are there any plans to encourage active travel to the stadium? Bike stands perhaps?

When will the minutes of the last fans forum be released? Will it be by 2023?

Will there be any further fan forum type meetings?

Is there a strategy to engage with the Supporters Trust going forward? 

Are there any plans to improve the 'match day experience'?

Will the West Stand have a proper roof installed after the concerts are done and if so how will it be funded?

Do you feel communication with fans generally has been sufficient over the last season or so? 

• Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I know that the physical matchday programme wasn't viable, but what happened to the online one on match days? Surely the club wasn't out of pocket producing that one?

Raffle tickets need to be pushed more, we can hardly ever find one. Why don't they have a table set up after you come through the turnstiles, that way the club would sell more?

They should also have a steward directing traffic out of the car parks, it's a free for all on busy matchdays, with most drivers not giving an inch. If someone was there to direct the cars, so they were let out in turn, it would run a lot easier. 

The communication with fans is very poor. We were told a few seasons ago that it was something the club wanted to improve on, but, if it wasn't for the Wyness Shuffle lads, we would be more in the dark.

The club also said, at that meeting  that the Match day experience was going to be improved, but, if anything, it's got worse.

• Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

11 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I know that the physical matchday programme wasn't viable, but what happened to the online one on match days? Surely the club wasn't out of pocket producing that one?

Raffle tickets need to be pushed more, we can hardly ever find one. Why don't they have a table set up after you come through the turnstiles, that way the club would sell more?

They should also have a steward directing traffic out of the car parks, it's a free for all on busy matchdays, with most drivers not giving an inch. If someone was there to direct the cars, so they were let out in turn, it would run a lot easier. 

The communication with fans is very poor. We were told a few seasons ago that it was something the club wanted to improve on, but, if it wasn't for the Wyness Shuffle lads, we would be more in the dark.

The club also said, at that meeting  that the Match day experience was going to be improved, but, if anything, it's got worse.

Fully agree re car park. Other clubs keep outside pedestrian only until crowds passed. Only a matter of time till someone gets hurt. 

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

18 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Cheers @Jaggernaut. I'll add this in as well. Hopefully get a few of these passed on to SG and get some answers for you!

• Like 1

Some suggestions:

What plans does the club have to maintain the increased interest and support from fans that was generated by getting to the play offs?

Fans feel communication is poor. Does the club accept that and will they commit to regular updates from the Chairman or CEO, at least monthly all year round?

How ambitious is the club in terms of achieving promotion and, if we achieve it, are the finances in place to build a competitive team that can re-establish itself as a Premiership regular?

How stable is the club financially?

What are the long term thoughts about the stadium: section 94, match day experience, future developments, location etc?

Are there plans for the training of Stewards? In particular so they see fans as customers and so they enhance the match day experience rather than standing where they are blocking the view from my seat or allowing others to stand at the top of the stairs blocking the view of fans sitting around me.

I hope the chat goes well and look forward to hearing what the CEO has to say.

Edited by Robert
  • Thank You 1

Maybe our CEO should do less talking and more actual doing.

Fed up of seeing his face in the paper when I'm having my breakfast and reading his 'blah blah blah'.  If it's not pie in the sky ideas and promises that aren't being delivered, it's stories of 'poor me', how hard done by we are and it being everyone else's fault.

11 hours ago, Robert said:

Some suggestions:

What plans does the club have to maintain the increased interest and support from fans that was generated by getting to the play offs?

Fans feel communication is poor. Does the club accept that and will they commit to regular updates from the Chairman or CEO, at least monthly all year round?

How ambitious is the club in terms of achieving promotion and, if we achieve it, are the finances in place to build a competitive team that can re-establish itself as a Premiership regular?

How stable is the club financially?

What are the long term thoughts about the stadium: section 94, match day experience, future developments, location etc?

Are there plans for the training of Stewards? In particular so they see fans as customers and so they enhance the match day experience rather than standing where they are blocking the view from my seat or allowing others to stand at the top of the stairs blocking the view of fans sitting around me.

I hope the chat goes well and look forward to hearing what the CEO has to say.

Cheers for that @Robert. Questions add to the list and we'll see what answers the guys get!

Why is it the only time we hear from him is when they want money. Ie season tickets   Concert tickets etc what happened to the night at the Caley club when him and the chairman said there was going to be much more communication with the fans as we are the lifeblood of the club. Seems like all forgotten now 

• Well Said 2

Hi @jagster. Unfortunately the guys were recording when you submitted those questions but the general theme of poor communication will have been raised I'm sure. I think someone else mentioned the match programme as well. Hopefully that was also asked about too so you and others can get an answer :smile:

Edited by RiG
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Thanks for putting the questions forward and I really appreciate the effort you and the guys go to for the podcast. 

An edit is in progress but I am afraid I don't know what questions have been asked or the answers (obviously) but I am hopeful the guys got as many questions over as possible!

Hi folks, the podcast interview with Scot Gardiner is out. Have a click on the links below or head to Spotify, Apple Podcasts etc directly and grab it there. Hopefully your questions are answered (Disclaimer: I haven't listened to it yet!). Cheers!