New ICT Podcast

RiG

Superb as usual lads. Thanks for asking my questions, and getting the answers. The content was informative and entertaining, and it looks like the way forward is optimistic.

I think it was said that Inverness Thistle last won the league fifty years ago, but it was thirty five years ago 1986/87 season. I was also there to witness them winning back to back league titles in 1971/72 & 1972/73, and it was the 71/72 league title win where Caledonian beat Elgin City 5-3 to give the Jags the win, A match I attended, and it was indeed some game.

Three clubs one history should, in my view, be incorporated into the badge, instead of the pride of the Highlands, that was used on some occasions.

Well done again lads, and I'll look forward to the next podcast. 👍 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

Superb as usual lads. Thanks for asking my questions, and getting the answers. The content was informative and entertaining, and it looks like the way forward is optimistic.

I think it was said that Inverness Thistle last won the league fifty years ago, but it was thirty five years ago 1986/87 season. I was also there to witness them winning back to back league titles in 1971/72 & 1972/73, and it was the 71/72 league title win where Caledonian beat Elgin City 5-3 to give the Jags the win, A match I attended, and it was indeed some game.

Three clubs one history should, in my view, be incorporated into the badge, instead of the pride of the Highlands, that was used on some occasions.

Well done again lads, and I'll look forward to the next podcast. 👍 

Cheers for this, much appreciated. Re the Thistle league wins, I had to stop myself from butting in at that point (I was also at Kingsmills in '87 for the game v Peterhead where the Jaggies clinched their final title), but as SG had said '50 years since Thistle won the Highland League' rather than '50 years since Thistle last one the Highland League', I wasn't sure whether he wasn't aware of the later win, or whether he just meant that 50 years is obviously a significant-sounding anniversary.

Thanks for taking the time to give us some questions to ask him.   

On 6/23/2022 at 8:16 AM, STFU said:

Maybe our CEO should do less talking and more actual doing.

Fed up of seeing his face in the paper when I'm having my breakfast and reading his 'blah blah blah'.  If it's not pie in the sky ideas and promises that aren't being delivered, it's stories of 'poor me', how hard done by we are and it being everyone else's fault.

What a miserable post. 

What has Scott done well since he joined the club.

What would you like him to do more of. 

I really enjoyed the podcast and especially the part where they are talking about transfers and Scot mentions that some of the youngsters are getting pro contracts :D.

I'm now intrigued to see who they are because lots have potential :ictscarf:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

What has Scott done well since he joined the club.

Not a lot.

18 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

What would you like him to do more of. 

I thought that was pretty clear from my post.  Action, not words.

Given how good he is at kicking things down the road, perhaps he should be pulling his boots on and contributing on the pitch.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like we're not going to make the £500,000 per concert he claimed we missed out on during Covid and that we'll be doing well to make any money.  That's worrying if we've put together a business plan which depends on that income.

Apologies if the reality of the situation is a miserable one.

On 6/27/2022 at 3:36 PM, STFU said:

Not a lot.

I thought that was pretty clear from my post.  Action, not words.

Given how good he is at kicking things down the road, perhaps he should be pulling his boots on and contributing on the pitch.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like we're not going to make the £500,000 per concert he claimed we missed out on during Covid and that we'll be doing well to make any money.  That's worrying if we've put together a business plan which depends on that income.

Apologies if the reality of the situation is a miserable one.

I don’t know the finances behind the concerts, but tickets remain available for both Friday and Saturday:

https://ictfc.com/andrea-bocelli-duran-duran-concert-faqs

Hello there! We've got another podcast out featuring interviews with Billy Dodds and Sean Welsh! There's also the usual chat from ourselves about how the team is shaping up, we look at how our opposition are coming along (with thanks to numerous posters on P & B) and there's a chance to win a signed Robbie Deas shirt if you follow us on Twitter and like and retweet the pod Tweet below. Cor!

Edited by RiG
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Hello there! We've got another podcast out featuring interviews with Billy Dodds and Sean Welsh! There's also the usual chat from ourselves about how the team is shaping up, we look at how our opposition are coming all (with thanks to numerous posters on P & B) and there's a chance to win a signed Robbie Deas shirt if you follow us on Twitter and like and retweet the pod Tweet below. Cor!

Superb as usual lads. My predictions for last season were no better, I thought we'd be 5th and Dunfermline would be in the playoffs!!!

• Like 1
  • Thank You 1

15 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Superb as usual lads. My predictions for last season were no better, I thought we'd be 5th and Dunfermline would be in the playoffs!!!

Thank you for the kind words :smile:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Packed pod out now featuring the usual game reviews and lookaheads, interviews with Danny MacKay and Tom Walsh, Jennifer Aitchison of the ICT Supporters Trust speaks to @alternative maryhill about the functions of the Trust and how you can get involved to help them out with their aims and the winner of the signed Robbie Deas shirt is announced. Just in time for the game tomorrow...

• Thank You 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Enjoyed the latest pod in the car yesterday. Tokes is brilliant. I’m sure I heard him talking about a game with rain and torrential wind but I could have misheard him 😉

Edited by TheMantis

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, another podcast was released yesterday which has a Q & A session with ICT CEO Scot Gardiner. The ICT Supporters Trust were also involved as were Section 94. You can have a listen in the usual podcasty places!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really disappointed in this podcast and how the guys allowed it to turn into the Scot Gardiner Show, in particular the guy who does the press conferences who seems to like tickling Gardiners balls as much as he does Dodds' balls.  The stink of lads culture eminating from everything to do with the club just now is extraordinary.  Is it really worth selling out for a few comp tickets and free shirts?

We learned nothing about the clubs involvement in the battery thing.  It's nt being built at the stadium, the club are not running it, the club do not own the land it is being built on, so why are we involved and how do we benefit financially?  Are we just whoring out the club name to try and soften public opinion on a potentially controversial project?

Similar to the Red John park and ride deal.  The club do not own the car parks, so if they are being rented to this company then any income for the club is at the gift of those who do own the car parks, and those are the people who will have negotiated the contract.

On both of the above, it seems that Gardiner is doing a lot of taking credit for the effort of others.

In regards to the roof on the West Stand.  If it is so important, and worth so much to the club, that Kindergarten 94 are there creating an atmosphere over there, then make the investment yourself.  You don't see Tesco building grocery aisles in the car park and then telling customers that if they want to shop in the dry then they have to pay for a roof!

Why does Nessie need a PVG certificate?  They're not being left alone with kids.  Every child or vulnerable person in the stadium has to be accompanied.  Calling BS on his excuses here.

Similar with the holding a Xmas Party.  We have a community organisation where most staff will be PVG checked and who you'd think would be charged with the organisation of such an event, so calling BS on his excuses for not doing this as well.

Reluctant to criticise the Supporters Trust rep as she didn't really get a chance to say much or question answers given.

In regards to the concert stuff.  He seemed to suggest that the club had been paid by the concert company for the services they had supplied.  If so, then the club HAVE benefited to the detriment of all those who haven't been paid either in part or in full.  Disgusting and it's no surprise we can't get local companies to take up things like matchday hospitality.

Problems about increased utility prices etc are the same for every club, why would they impact us more than others?

The cost of scans, surgeries etc for players would only be a problem if we weren't insured.  Is that the case?

Somehow the podcast to answer all the questions fans had/have seems to have created even more questions!

4 hours ago, Big cherly said:

In response to STFU note, in most respects I suffer from a similar guarded mindset when media promotions (that’s what a podcast is), sell themselves as the ‘must have’ thing. i.e who controls the content, what is ‘pumped’, and who benefits from it!  

I really don’t care a dot on bulk of the stuff I see above, but I recognise and accept this is probably what the podcast is for.

I am interested however when Scott Gardiner does participant and sticks his head above the parapet! For too long the fans have been treated as mushrooms (KITDASO) by only told what the board want the fans to hear and when!!

The involvement by SG allows the level of question to maybe (i go back to my 1st para), to rise above self promotion and enables proper questions (such as the sensible real points you raised) to be put across! 

Now SG can decide this type of serious forum is not for him and he can retreat back into the ivory boardroom tower until he decides to move on, or he sees the long term development of the club is better with fans backing.

Personally I hope it’s the latter but time will ultimately tell. Less fog and more clarity on the team - youth level and ground / facilities ( ground desperate needs putting on the menu) is vital going forward. 
I believe we need to be seeing plans or initiatives for both.  The current position is not sustainable as the (I put myself in this group) older fan base die-of, for any forward thinking club.  We really need 5 and 10 year visions and know the current arrangement / structure can’t deliver that! 
Dropping the swearing raises the bar, but that’s the first hurdle for many.

Just my tuppence worth!!

bc

• 4 weeks later...

It’s very worrying that the white knight prospect of the park and ride depends on a project that does not have a commercial route to market. The original planning application for Red John was a joke and ILI don’t actually build these development sites, they sell them. If this is what the club are pinning future business plans to, things are worse than I thought.

Gardiner’s focus is purely on profit which is ok, provided the money makes its way into quality playing staff and a better fan experience. The podcast clearly highlights that the fan experience will be sacrificed in favour of profit (supporters bar etc), the fans are not solely there to provide profit to the club - this attitude will further detriment the support base. 

I listened to the podcast twice, well done for pulling it together. I’d have pushed Gardiner harder on the Ridgers question, he should have the capacity to answer that.

The stand roof - ICT are not actually doing anything about the roof, only sourcing a quote.  That’s a yellow pages effort and frankly a waste of time. Give the lads a section in the North Stand and get the Stewards to wind their neck in. 

There had to be a question about non-playing staff wages as a proportion to playing staff wages, asked in the context of other club setups. Maybe next time. 

I can’t understand why local producers wouldn’t engage more, even on a trial basis. The club must be framing it wrong. 

• Agree 3

I’m not a big fan of the roof on the west stand idea. I think it’s a bit pathetic that we’d be looking to raise funds for a roof when we have plenty of room else where in the stadium that’s covered. The club is struggling financially at the moment and instead of focussing on that we have certain fans wanting some sort of identity.

It’s a waste of everyone’s time in my opinion and that isn’t going to benefit many. Who needs a roof anyway? I used to spend my youth up and down the bridge side at games moving depending on where we were shooting. I’m rarely up at the stadium these days as I only go to Away games but is that a possibility these days? 

• Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...

#61 was very comprehensive, saw me through a car journey yesterday and the train today 👏

p.s. the site doesn’t seem to be displaying emojis for me atm, just a blank square, so [applause] [applause /]

Edited by TheMantis

Ooops - forgot to post about this! :blush:

New pod out now with the usual review of some of the previous games (had to leave a few out due to time constraints), discussion about Dodds, interviews with Dan MacKay and Mark Ridgers and we also have a special guest panellist in the form of Liam Keogh!

Finally, if you follow us on Twitter, like and RT the tweet below promoting the pod you're in with a chance of winning a signed ICT shirt. Lovely stuff!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sadly life got in the way for us again recently but we've finally gotten round to getting a new pod out and it's a mahoosive one to compensate. Interviews with Billy Dodds, Jay Henderson, Scottish Cup chat (recorded before the KO time and prices were revealed), game review, Section 94, Guess Who and some other goodies to keep you going.

Edited by RiG
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...

Apologies for the irregular updates in this thread but I think most of you know where to the find the pod these days anyway. Nonetheless, the guys have recorded a new episode and it features an interview with David Wotherspoon :smile:

• Like 6