ICT v Raith Rovers (H) Sat 20th July

MrCaleyjag

So after Tuesday nights result and disappointing second half performance I'm hoping for a better showing; I wasn't concerned by how the players looked physically, so don't think fitness is an issue, but hopefully they've managed to work on a few things.

I doubt we'll start with too many changes but if we have any aspirations of progressing further then we need to win. Notable absence from my team below is Doran only because he wasn't on the bench midweek and I'm not sure on his current status.

My team

Ridgers

McKay   Donaldson  McCart   Tremarco

Trafford      Carson

Keatings      Vincent      Walsh

White

Raith Rovers after their 3v0 home defeat to Dundee will no doubt be up for it as well and want to put on a better showing than that.

I see the squad numbers are updated now on the club website, with Welsh now being 4, the one I couldn’t work out on Tuesday. 

Hopefully he will be back soon as well as Doran. 

My team:

Ridgers

McKay Donaldson McCart Tremarco

Walsh Trafford Vincent Doran

White Todorov

If Doran is not ready, then Curry. 

If McKay is not ready, trickier. Tremarco to right back and Harper at left back would be my solution. 

Let’s hope we put on a better show than Tuesday sounded like. It would be nice to make the last 16 for a change in this cup. 

Edited by Robert

McKay out as well as Rooney so could be a game for Nicholson to come in at right back. He did okay against st Johnstone. Apart from giving penalty away ? I would hope that our forwards will relieve any defensive concerns by sticking a few away against Raith. 

20 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

It was seeded, not turfed.

And just for you, here's a photo taken July 12th.

IMG_20190719_213844.jpg

Looks great!  Scarlet will have a tear in his eye and be singing the Green Green Grass of Home :smile:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jed5697 said:

McKay out as well as Rooney so could be a game for Nicholson to come in at right back. He did okay against st Johnstone. Apart from giving penalty away ? I would hope that our forwards will relieve any defensive concerns by sticking a few away against Raith. 

Wonder if we will go with three at the back, playing Todorov there with Donaldson and McCart.

We have enough at the back. Get them forward and score goals. Let's not focus on defence my opinion is that we are fine. Question for forward dudes is are you up for it  ? We are supremely placed for a right good go. Step up and rule supreme..the ball requires to be in the net... call me old fashioned..Mon the caley...

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Genuinely hate to say it, but if we can't put one past Peterhead, I haven't got my hopes up against Raith...still, Mon eh Caley, maybe they've woken up after their training sessions...

That would be disrespectful to Peterhead - they played well at containing us in the first half and used attack as their defence in the second half as we started with three at the back. Their keeper was solid. A number of Kilmarnock supporters are potentially heading to Belgrade because they assumed it was easy to beat the part timers from Wales. Make no mistake about it, Peterhead have some talented players backed up by some experienced ones. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Robert said:

Ha ha! Vast majority of home games. Midweek ones can be tricky for me. 

It’s not a convincing display so far. 

I'll take a 3-1 lead playing iffy any day of the week.

• Like 1

• tm4tj changed the title to ICT v Raith Rovers (H) Sat 20th July