ICT v Raith Rovers (H) Sat 20th July

MrCaleyjag

16 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Beat Cove and a bonus point v Dundee wins the group.

Not necessarily so - Peterhead will surely beat Raith and would also be on 9 points. We will know that result on Tuesday and then be able to plan for Saturday. Planning for a bonus point would be risky for either Dundee or Inverness if Peterhead are on 9 points. As things stand, we have to beat Cove and Dundee. Not an easy challenge.

23 hours ago, caley100 said:

Winning 4.-1 is great but a pretty unconvincing performance I'm afraid.  Lot of scrappy play,   Not much interplay between Keatings and White to talk about if 4 4 2 is going to be the setup.  

We didnt play 442 yesterday  it was a 4231 formation.

Lots of positives going forward yesterday just need to tighten up at the back where we were as you say a bit scrappy at times.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Not necessarily so - Peterhead will surely beat Raith and would also be on 9 points. We will know that result on Tuesday and then be able to plan for Saturday. Planning for a bonus point would be risky for either Dundee or Inverness if Peterhead are on 9 points. As things stand, we have to beat Cove and Dundee. Not an easy challenge.

You must have been in the middle of quoting that post as I was deleting it after I realised it was wrong. Thought I'd got away with it ? 

• tm4tj changed the title to ICT v Raith Rovers (H) Sat 20th July
15 hours ago, Gregor said:

We didnt play 442 yesterday  it was a 4231 formation.

Lots of positives going forward yesterday just need to tighten up at the back where we were as you say a bit scrappy at times.

Definitely looked like a return to 4231 for me as well. We reacted well to the Raith equaliser and really took control of the game once we got our second. Slack at times but a lot more to be positive about after Tuesdays sluggish affair.

Carson looks decent at right back though his positioning in relation to other defenders seems a bit out but that will hopefully improve with game time if he continues to deputise there.

I thought Vincent was really good playing the Welsh role of carrying the ball forward and moving it across the pitch between the flanks whilst also helping out defensively. Welsh and Vincent would probably be our two best central midfielders but are they too similar? 

Keatings linked well with White who seemed to enjoy having someone to feed off the knock downs he was winning. Some nice crosses from Keatings as well. 

The star of the show was easily Walsh. He was utterly superb. New contract for the guy ASAP.

• Agree 2