Cove Rangers (H) - Tues 23rd July

MrCaleyjag

After Saturday's win it's important we keep the momentum going and while Cove Rangers, IMO, will give us a good game it's really one that we should win. If we aspire to progress in the competition then we need to win.

I was busy Saturday so know little of the game against Raith but from what I've read there's plenty to be optimistic about and it was good that we bounced back after the Peterhead result.

Hopefully see a couple of the younger lads at least get on from the bench, maybe one or two will start.

Current table - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/scottish-league-cup/table

Edited by MrCaleyjag
  • Like 1

We need to field our strongest possible team against cove. They have huge ambition to win league two this season and have spent money in the transfer window bringing in players with experience. They won't be the push over they were last time we played. We need to give them as much respect as we would any team in the championship.

• Agree 5

4 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

It's Cove Rangers wer playing boys I'm going expecting a decent sun tan and at least 3 unanswered goals! Hopefully young McGregor get a start and maybe the wee Brazilian!

That would be nice and while we should be putting a few passed them how many times have we said that previously.

A professional job is required and we shouldn't go into this game thinking 'it's Cove Rangers wer playing boys', I think that in itself is a little disrespectful although I don;t think for one second the team will have that thought.

The heat might get to a few players. Need to watch the challenges. The refs have not been great. This is definitely a game for some of the young team to have a go. Hoping for a good entertaining match with only one winner of course...?

• tm4tj pinned this topic
  • Scotty featured this topic

BBC giving it to Mckay. I’d White as first scorer so White will do me. 

Peterhead 2 down so we will be top of the group as things stand.

Worrying if we have been poor. Hopefully we kick on now. 

Need to turn this round or we are facing embarrassment.  

Although ironically a win in 90 at Dundee would still see us win the group.  Not sure how realistic a thought that is though!

Edited by Robert