Pitch

bigman

The pitch seemed to be cut up badly after last night's game. I hope this is not the start of a disaster. Tommy is going to have to produce his magic once again!!!!!!!!

33 minutes ago, bigman said:

The pitch seemed to be cut up badly after last night's game. I hope this is not the start of a disaster. Tommy is going to have to produce his magic once again!!!!!!!!

Yes.  I noticed that too.  There just isn't enough time between the end of one season and the start of the next to get a new pitch laid and allow the grass to  get properly established.  It wasn't too bad and as long as it survives the next two or three games without significant damage I think it will be just fine.

The pitch is new and had two games within the space of a few days,

All new pitches take time to bed and the reality is that the work needed to be undertaken (indeed we had delayed it by a year).

There is a risk that the pitch is not 100% for this year and often it is year 2 that it improves.

Don't see how moaning about something which was needed will help.

• Agree 1

Tree you should look at it as an observation not a criticism. Having known Tommy for many years I am sure he will be disappointed and slightly concerned.

• Agree 1

• 5 months later...

Looks like they skimped on the drainage for the north east  corner, its in an awful state - noticed it was looking bare & boggy last week and it hasn't improved since. Was hoping the ref would abandon the game due to ball not rolling or bouncing in that area...

I was told they started cutting the grass before the Dunfermline game and that is what caused the problem. No idea if that is right but it is a strip that is the problem. It was a bit better today (I like the team) but still causing the ball to stick more than it should. 

Edited by Robert