Dundee (A) - Sunday 28th July

MrCaleyjag

Progression is in our own hands as they say.

I actually think the winner takes all situation surrounding this game is a good thing and could serve as a good platform for the start of the season, will certainly give an insight as to how level the playing field is.

Like ourselves Dundee haven't had it all their own way in the last three games and they'll be eager to prove a point that they are indeed worthy of their title contenders tag that most expect from them. New manager, new Technical Director and big turnover of players means I'm not so sure.

Saying that we'll need to be on the ball and defensively a lot better than the last three games, I expect to see us start tighter but believe we need to take the game to them from the start. Don't think there will be many changes in personnel, if any,  but maybe a change in tactics and approach.

Cautiously optimistic

Edited by MrCaleyjag
Title Error
  • Like 2

We certainly need to sort the defence out that's for sure. Far too many gaps in there that Peterhead (albiet without scoring thanks to Ridgers) Cove and Raith exploited. We seem to be creating chances at the other end though - just need to hit the target at a better ratio. Tough one to call - it'll be down to who wants it the most.

• Agree 1

A good test of a changing team. There is no lack of talented individuals in this current caley team. Play as a team that is the test. We await the result. Get intae them...it will not define the season but will highlight direction of travel...

Anything other than a defeat in 90 minutes will see us through: the four best runners up currently have 8 or 9 points. Our goal difference is better than East Fife’s, currently the fourth best runner up. 

Hopefully we don’t play for a draw but set out to win the game.

Even if we win the group, we will be unseeded so will face one of Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Hibs, Motherwell, Livingston or..... County. 

Not sure if being unseeded means we are away or whether we can get a home draw. 

46 minutes ago, Robert said:

Even if we win the group, we will be unseeded so will face one of Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Hibs, Motherwell, Livingston or..... County. 

Not sure if being unseeded means we are away or whether we can get a home draw. 

I seem to remember it being half and half.

6 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Front Row in my man cave in Chorley suits me fine. Vodka chilling in preparation. One game at a time, one double voddie at a time. ?

That looks more like whisky to me I hope your not mixing your drinks IHE

7 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Are you a secret Kilmarnock supporter who bought their ticket to Belgrade before the easy win against Connah's Quay? Until we get there, the next round is irrelevant.

Didn't say we were going through for certain. Just saying where I was hoping we'll be going if we do...

• tm4tj unpinned this topic