Dundee (A) - Sunday 28th July

MrCaleyjag

Watched most of the match on TV (missed the first 20 minutes or so).

Same old, same old : zero creativity in the final third. I don't think even one half chance was created.

Utterly depressing : keep playing like that and championship football is a certainty for next season

Dundee 16 year old gets man of the match in this game should really emphasise that caley ought to be giving the youngsters more game time. Hopefully we get in about Utd at the weekend. What is the latest on Welsh returning ?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DWH said:

Watched most of the match on TV (missed the first 20 minutes or so).

Same old, same old : zero creativity in the final third. I don't think even one half chance was created.

Utterly depressing : keep playing like that and championship football is a certainty for next season

Even that ain't guaranteed DWH- too easy to drop out the bottom end of this division!

10 minutes ago, CaleyCanary said:

Even that ain't guaranteed DWH- too easy to drop out the bottom end of this division!

Haha : yes, thought that after I posted!

3 hours ago, jed5697 said:

Dundee 16 year old gets man of the match in this game should really emphasise that caley ought to be giving the youngsters more game time. Hopefully we get in about Utd at the weekend. What is the latest on Welsh returning ?

Think I suggested that on another thread, play the youngsters in all ties we might just find another player but hey ho they're going to play for the worst team in the HL that should motivate them.

2 hours ago, finmack said:

Terrible performance ICT. On todays showing I really fear the worst for our club.

I don't like saying it, but if we fail to get out of the Championship this season, things are going to go downhill fairly quickly, and, as we don't have a major financial backer, it'll be back to part time soon enough, and then, god forbid, relegation after x many years without any promotion attempts. It's a sad, but scarily realistic outcome, everyone else who's been down, has had the luck of millionaires being around to stabilise the club's, but we, who do we have?

19 minutes ago, Gregor said:

What a terrible performance , only positive was Dundee were not that much better and could only win by one goal which Ridgers should have saved easily.

It might be the same as last season where Ross County were sh**e but they won the league, we will see what happens in the next few weeks.

So we're not even into August and we have already decided that we are gash on the back of what are a few pre-season fixtures.

This may be the case and we may end up struggling.

Might make sense to wait a few games to see where we are place???

• Agree 5

Well put lad. But the comments are based on the performances and "gash" is an apt description. But it is early days yet and a point (or more) at the Arabdome and an improved display will be the lift that we need. Personally I fear that this may not happen but hope springs eternal.

On 7/30/2019 at 5:57 PM, tm4tj said:

Were we really that bad?

There were opportunities for the front players, and midfield seemed to be linking play....but defensively we have problems, not looked assured in any of the competitive games I've seen, don't look like they've played together before and Donaldson looks every inch the player who left Dundee with his tail between his legs.

Wtf has happened to them?

• tm4tj unpinned this topic