Caley v Airdrie 1990

bmills

The game in Airdrie was my first ever Caledonian FC match. We were winning 2-1 until the 97th minute!! Not seen this footage before (as I recall) great scenes.

Happy memories.I was also down at the first leg in Airdrie and remember thinking we had our chance .But what a performance and atmosphere at Telford Street that night.In fact it was the one and only time I ever saw my father sing at a football game.Love the end of the clip where you can see Alex Young having a fag in the background .?

Like dougiedanger, i do not recall the snow that night at all. I recall it being a raw night tho. God......i miss them Highland League days. Getting into the Scottish Cup back then was such a HUGE buzz. Had many a great away day with Caley, back in the day

• Like 2

Now that was a huge passionate and predominantly Invernessian support it certainly  puts into perspective the football experience  from a fans point of view every other Saturday down the dump under the new guise.

I do remember the snow that night and I also remember the Airdrie section B for bigots hurling snow balls at The Caley Ball boys and Hamish Morrison.

Watching that footage reinforces to me why it was and still is an absolute disgrace that Caledonian Fc weren’t allowed to go alone but then again  the merger wasn’t done for football reasons.

what could and should have been eh? ?

Dougal

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Sad 1