Team for Dundee United

WYNESS101

I'd go 3-4-2-1. Carson and Tremarco as wing backs helping out in defence. Walsh and Keatings to have more of a free roaming role.

Ridgers

B McKay - Donaldson - McCart

Carson - Trafford - MacGregor - Tremarco

Walsh - Keatings

Todorov

• Like 1

I would take a point now if offered as I am afraid that Robbo has to adhere to his one-dimensional approach and team selection. My only hope is that players discover the "form" and performance levels that they showed at the close of last season. If we rediscover our defensive prowess ( which will need BIG improvement from Coll and Tremarco) then we are in with a shout. If we develop a firm defensive midfield shield (until Welsh returns) then we may have 2/3rdsof the project done.  I suspect that our substitutions (Todorov, MacKay and McGregor/Machado) may be the surprise packages that save or win this game for us.  White will start - for the time being but what will our league standing look like when realization hits us ?

More out of want than realism I would start with 4-4-1-1 and go with the following:

Ridgers

McKay    Donaldson   McCart    Tremarco

Walsh       Carson        Vincent    Doran

Keatings

Todorov

Keatings drops back in defensive situations but when attacking he plays just off the striker moving into the space to hopefully supply the through balls or pick-up knock-downs. FBs start slightly deeper and a little narrower knowing that the wingers are closer to them in the transition between defence and attack.

Unfortunately my head tells me that Robbo will stick with with 4-2-3-1 and start White up front as per the league cup games which will leave us exposed in midfield and probably on the wings as well. I'm hoping to see some improvements though and a full week of training will hopefully have given the players some valuable time together.

Season opener so if they can't get motivated for this and look to avenge the end of last season then we have issues.

Defo time to drop White see what the old goat herder can do gotta give him a chance pointless signing him if he's gonna be the new Austin warming the bench! Defo not gonna stick any money on us picking up points this time might even do what Iv never done and stick a £10 on 2-0 UTD as u can see full of hope after watching our league cup "adventures" lol

• Disagree 2
  • Facepalm 2

4 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I would take a point now if offered as I am afraid that Robbo has to adhere to his one-dimensional approach and team selection. My only hope is that players discover the "form" and performance levels that they showed at the close of last season. If we rediscover our defensive prowess ( which will need BIG improvement from Coll and Tremarco) then we are in with a shout. If we develop a firm defensive midfield shield (until Welsh returns) then we may have 2/3rdsof the project done.  I suspect that our substitutions (Todorov, MacKay and McGregor/Machado) may be the surprise packages that save or win this game for us.  White will start - for the time being but what will our league standing look like when realization hits us ?

That's why I couldn't get the sheer panic among some of our fans when they thought Robbo was for the offski I like him decent enough manager but get the feeling sometimes he's never gonna get us out of this division time will tell hopefully get of to a decent start this season

• Facepalm 1

44 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Defo time to drop White see what the old goat herder can do gotta give him a chance pointless signing him if he's gonna be the new Austin warming the bench! Defo not gonna stick any money on us picking up points this time might even do what Iv never done and stick a £10 on 2-0 UTD as u can see full of hope after watching our league cup "adventures" lol

I am totally scunnered with your “old goat herder” description of Todorov.   He is 22 years old for goodness sake!  Is that old to you - if so you must be still in primary school.   He has scored goals when he has come on as a sub in last ten minutes, is keen and fans like him already.   Some fan you are betting against ICT - you may be right but it seems so wrong to bet against the team you supposedly support. 

• Agree 5

26 minutes ago, lizi said:

I am totally scunnered with your “old goat herder” description of Todorov.   He is 22 years old for goodness sake!  Is that old to you - if so you must be still in primary school.   He has scored goals when he has come on as a sub in last ten minutes, is keen and fans like him already.   Some fan you are betting against ICT - you may be right but it seems so wrong to bet against the team you supposedly support. 

It's a term of endearment sister that was his former job apparently! Haha not yet placed the bet but no place for sentimentality when your a high rolling gambler like moi don't think Robbo or the troops will lend me my mortgage money eh

• Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

It's a term of endearment sister that was his former job apparently! Haha not yet placed the bet but no place for sentimentality when your a high rolling gambler like moi don't think Robbo or the troops will lend me my mortgage money eh

Wind yer neck in buffy

1 hour ago, MrCaleyjag said:

So will we get back to the topic then?

Sorry, don’t usually rise to bait but ‘old goat herder’ was uncalled for.  Sorry again.  

• Like 1

So if Storey is back and cleared in time, do we start him? If so, what does that mean for the team? If he plays off White or Todorov, does Keatings drop out? Or does he play wide, perhaps in place of Doran!

I’m enjoying a relaxing night in Dundee with a few beers before strolling to Tannadice tomorrow for what I hope will be a good 90 minutes for us on my birthday, but I’m fearing the worst!

Come on, such a lack of belief for the first game in the season. We beat them last season, then ran out of puff at the end, coupled with some dire refereeing. No reason we can't match them if we play to our strengths and have a half-decent official. Good game to start with, to see where both teams are. I am assuming they will be the favourites so a good test, and a point or three would set our stall out nicely.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Robert said:

So if Storey is back and cleared in time, do we start him? If so, what does that mean for the team? If he plays off White or Todorov, does Keatings drop out? Or does he play wide, perhaps in place of Doran!

I’m enjoying a relaxing night in Dundee with a few beers before strolling to Tannadice tomorrow for what I hope will be a good 90 minutes for us on my birthday, but I’m fearing the worst!

I hope you have a great birthday Robert whatever team turns out Storey or not.  Play to our strengths and shock United with a win!

Greetings from sunny Tannadice. 

After a couple of refreshments in town and a gentle walk to the ground, here’s to a great successful season for ICT.

CEE66A11-B050-42E5-BA38-63D914EC5070.jpeg

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 2