Hoban & Mackay loaned out

tm4tj

Daniel Mackay didn't stand a chance of getting game time with us bringing in Todorov, Keatings and Storey so in a way it makes sense to get it elsewhere. 

Remind me though why our management team repeatedly big up our youngsters stating how good they are only to repeatedly ignore them.

• Agree 1

For Mackay looks like a chance to get more time playing now that he's recovered from his injury.  Loan for a few months nearby seems a good option.

Getting playing time for goalkeepers is also tricky so it'd be good if Hoban got some playing time, although he went to Forfar and didn't get a game last season.

• Agree 2

It's becoming very frustrating. Having watched all of the young players playing its clear have real potential.

The likelyhood of Daniel getting game time with the senior options available was slim at the moment so going on loan and getting experience makes sense.

However again like last season i see it as a waste of the talent and potential. To reach their potential they need to play first team football at the highest level possible. Playing with better llayers will improve them. You only need to look at Ryan Christie development to see that.

If these guys get to 19 and still only have a handful of games for the club and dont make it for me the management will be responsible for the failure to maximise the potential.

Are they better than senior first team players yet? Possibly not. Are they miles off it? Certainly not. 

I'd rather a year with them playing and improving from it rather than guys like Curry coming in taking up game time.

• Agree 1

It's a great move for Mackay. He's just coming back from a long term injury. His game time would most likely be limited with us so joining Elgin on loan until January where he will hopefully be playing first team football makes total sense. Hopefully we can look forward to a fit and confident player coming back to us. Come the new year he could be like a new signing.

• Agree 2

I support this fully. Daniel has had little game time for a year due to injury. Training with us and playing every weekend with Elgin will do him the power of good and we will reap the benefits (hopefully) in the new year. 

We have four keepers, one at Fort William. I would imagine Cammy will go on loan somewhere in January so they share being on the bench with hopefully getting game time. 

I support the club in this. 

Edited by Robert

A bit of game time at a decent level - this can only benefit the young players, and hopefully ICT.

Seem to remember a young nonentity being farmed out to Forfar  a few years back for a bit of match experience and coming back as the great Barry Robson!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Robert said:

I support this fully. Daniel has had little game time for a year due to injury. Training with us and playing every weekend with Elgin will do him the power of good and we will reap the benefits (hopefully) in the new year. 

We have four keepers, one at Fort William. I would imagine Cammy will go on loan somewhere in January so they share being on the bench with hopefully getting game time. 

I support the club in this. 

Can't see us letting him go out on loan he will be 2nd choice all season and might be in goal for the (tunnock's cup) games. Guess both keepers that we have loaned out will have a recall in the deal case Cammy or Mark get injured.

On 8/10/2019 at 11:09 AM, buckett said:

A bit of game time at a decent level - this can only benefit the young players, and hopefully ICT.

Seem to remember a young nonentity being farmed out to Forfar  a few years back for a bit of match experience and coming back as the great Barry Robson!

aye the young Barry had his head up his ar.. but came back a mature laddie and a very valuable player.

19 hours ago, Robert said:

Mackay has scored for Elgin tonight. 

Was at the Elgin game at The Glebe last night. Mackay was playing on the left of a forward 3. Good overall performance which included Daniel missing a sitter of a header in the 1st half and netting a rasping 20 yard drive in the 2nd half. Was easily the goal of the game aswell.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Daniel was on MFR this morning, clearly relishing the game time at Elgin and his goal. I think the loan will do him the power of good. Hope he avoids injuries and comes back in January and starts to fulfil his potential and become a first pick for us.