10 Arbroath
11 Raith Rovers
12 Airdrieonians
13 Stenhousemuir
14 Clyde
15 Elgin City
16 St Mirren Colts

Any of the top 6 away for me

Maybe a good omen we beat  Morton twice in a row.   Feeling good about this tournament we must have a chance to get to a final again Always enjoy a day out with a few beers good craic. It may not be The Scottish cup but someone has to win it why not us. 

• Like 1

Arbroath v Clyde
Airdrieonians v Elgin City
Raith Rovers v Glenavon
Partick Thistle v Connah's Quay Nomads
Wrexham v St Mirren Colts
Stenhousemuir v Waterford
Solihull Moors v Ballymena United or Rangers Colts
Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Alloa Athletic

Ties ties are scheduled for the weekend of October 12/13, subject to TV selections.

I can understand there are reasons why the club may not be too interested in staying in this competition, I mean, how much money would we lose if we had an away tie at Waterford?  But there would be money to be made from a final, and with so many of the more fancied Scottish teams having bitten the dust already, we might well be favourites for this now.  It is maybe not the greatest of competitions but it would be rather good to win a trophy in our anniversary year.  Saturday demonstrated we have good depth in the squad so there is no reason we can't go all the way in this competition whilst also giving some valuable game time to some of the squad.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

I can understand there are reasons why the club may not be too interested in staying in this competition, I mean, how much money would we lose if we had an away tie at Waterford?  But there would be money to be made from a final, and with so many of the more fancied Scottish teams having bitten the dust already, we might well be favourites for this now.  It is maybe not the greatest of competitions but it would be rather good to win a trophy in our anniversary year.  Saturday demonstrated we have good depth in the squad so there is no reason we can't go all the way in this competition whilst also giving some valuable game time to some of the squad.

I am sure I read somewhere that even if we got to the final the club will not make much money after the SPFL deduct all the expenses of running the final but I would love to get to any cup final so bring it on.

Just remembered that they came through a fairly decent Pars side, where as we came through a Morton side that we wiped the floor with the previous week. I revoke my prior statement of it being an easy draw, and bump it up to a "not too easy, not too hard" draw. Really depends on the outcome of the week before and not letting the players get ahead of themselves.

We shouldn't be taking them lightly...as we all know, shocks happen *cough* Elgin *cough cough* Arbroath...

On 9/10/2019 at 8:16 PM, IBM said:

I am sure I read somewhere that even if we got to the final the club will not make much money after the SPFL deduct all the expenses of running the final but I would love to get to any cup final so bring it on.

Wafer thin margins, sorry.

• 4 weeks later...