The Road and the Miles (Storey) to Dungdee

Well we are on the road to Bony Dungdee again and lets hope that this will be a more enjoyable and fruitful return journey. Surely we can't repeat the Dens performance of a few weeks ago and lets face it - Dundee did not look at all formidable and are clearly the lowly neighbours in the vicinity. I had hope of a point at Tannadice - I have expectations of at least a point 200 yards away. The return of Rooney was an unexpected boost even if it probably means that we will stick to 4 at the back with the line up inevitable. Lets just hope that Coll and Tremarco are determined to prove that their last showing at Dens was a season one -off. As for midfield and attack that is a real conundrum. As I alluded to prior to the Smokies I was afraid that a win would mean "same again" this week. Now I am not so sure and live in hope. To be fair to Robbo it may be that Todorov and Storey were not match fit for a 90 minute outing. Given what we have seen Todorov and Storey would be a nightmare pairing for Dungdee whereas the tall, immobile Dundee defenders would be smacking their lips at the prospect of White in the lone striker role. We also have to cut out the long ball as it has been proven wholly fallible against Dungdee. Lets use our width and hit the bye line more often and look at using the pace of Storey and the guile of Keatings. Despite mixed reports I am hopeful that Vincent will show more of a playmaker ability

RIDGERS

ROONEY  COLL  McCART TREMARCO

CARSON  VINCENT

WALSH  KEATINGS

TODOROV  STOREY

Edited by IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER
Fishing

22 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

What are you talking about again ?

Edit Edit Edit. Arithmetic arguably not an academic subject in the Academy. Didn't have that problem in the Tech cos none of us could read write or add up?

https://ictfc.com/match-preview-dundee-a-24-08-2019

TEAM NEWS

John Robertson said: “For Brad Mckay, we’ve found that after a scan he’s got a cracked vertebrae in his back so he may be out for a few weeks. Sean Welsh, he played 90 minutes but he’s probably not ready just yet to be involved in the squad. Charlie Trafford picked up a knee knock in training. Those three are certainly struggling or won’t be involved on Saturday, but should be sooner rather than later.”

On Daniel Mackay, who is on loan at Elgin and picked up an injury last week, Robertson said: “Dan has went on loan to get games, he’s played three matches and he picked up an injury. It is not as bad as first feared, he’s on the mend, he’ll be out for a few weeks but he’ll continue to be on loan at Elgin.”