Scotty

First half was pretty even although Morton had probably the better chances. These however came from poor defensive clearances from us and misplaced passed by our midfield and defence. The second goal settled us and we started to defend a lot better and the whole team kicked on as a result. We have been quite poor defensively recently and if we can carry on with last night's improvement, things are looking up

As for some posters criticising McCart, he has been our best defender this season whereas Donaldson has been a shadow of himself. Hopefully he will kick on with the improvement shown in the second half but needs to hugely improve on his distribution.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Satan said:

Lots of mentions of Mccart improving and being a good passer - glad he's passing is better now because it was awful in his loan spell. Id rather he concentrated on his defending to be honest, still think hes a bit powder puff in some challenges, particularly in the air

13 hours ago, Satan said:

Aye, Coll is making him our best defender with his performances. 

Like I said I think if he can focus on his defending, particularly in the air where he doesn't dominate like he should for his size. I don't think he's the type of centre back that forwards fear playing against...yet.

Two of the most ridiculous posts I have read on here in a long time. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Two of the most ridiculous posts I have read on here in a long time. 

Agree - it seems that now Polly’s gone (and doing really good with Motherwell )(our loss) who can be picked on now for unjust criticism - Satan has chosen Jamie.   Thank you SteveA 

Is it getting cold on here or are there too many snowflakes all of a sudden??

Why construe some balancing comment as picking on a player ? Sure Mccart is good but he's still young and there is plenty room for improvement. As for Coll ,he has been outstanding in his time with us but hasn't had the best of starts this year - even the blind can see that...if anything Chris has had to be more alert as a consequence.

It's only four games in and there seems to be the usual wave of euphoria after our first good game/result...stand back and wait for the bigger picture to appear, like after the first round of games.

Who's Polly? Seems like there's an open wound there that just ain't healing.

SteveA - care to explain why my posts were 'the most' ridiculous, or can you not put reasonable meaning to your point?

Edited by Satan
Sp
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Satan said:

Is it getting cold on here or are there too many snowflakes all of a sudden??

Why construe some balancing comment as picking on a player ? Sure Mccart is good but he's still young and there is plenty room for improvement. As for Coll ,he has been outstanding in his time with us but hasn't had the best of starts this year - even the blind can see that...if anything Chris has had to be more alert as a consequence.

It's only four games in and there seems to be the usual wave of euphoria after our first good game/result...stand back and wait for the bigger picture to appear, like after the first round of games.

Who's Polly? Seems like there's an open wound there that just ain't healing.

SteveA - care to explain why my posts were 'the most' ridiculous, or can you not put reasonable meaning to your point?

Jamie McCart is our best defender. He is very good in the air and his reading of the game and his passing is excellent. Anyone that goes to games can surely see this. To say he needs to concentrate more on his defending is weird. Defending is his main strength. If you do go to games watch how many headers wins.

Also if you are talking about a player maybe get his name right. 

26 minutes ago, Satan said:

if anything Chris has had to be more alert as a consequence.

47 minutes ago, Satan said:

As for Coll ,he has been outstanding in his time with us but hasn't had the best of starts this year - even the blind can see that...if anything Chris has had to be more alert as a consequence.

I am sure Chris McCart gives Jamie a lot of advice, as any father would, but not sure why he needs to be more alert to Coll’s okay!! Lol!!

25 minutes ago, Satan said:

Glad you spotted the deliberate mistake ?

Let's just say Tannadice was a bad day at the office then, definitely a wake up call that day, no?

Deliberate mistake. ?

Anyone can have a bad game. Basing your opinion on one game is harsh.

• Agree 1

Well there is a lot of moaning on here again, for goodness sake after a five nil win and the boys playing out of their skins???????

Pre match Doran said he and the team wanted to entertain us, well if that was a promise he certainly kept it. The match was entertaining. Imo the most entertaining I have watched since the John Hughes era and I, like many around me, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Okay first half was playing it cagey, more like sounding out Morton, looking to find their weaknesses but from time to time there were flashes of what was to come, especially from Doran who has had very unfair mention on 'here.

Second half I don't have to say much because anything said on here that is positive is true reflection of what went on.

Some on here said Morton didn't turn up! well that was because ICT never let them. Full marks to all our players this was truly a Team effort which I really hope is what we will be seeing a lot more of in the remainder of the season.

FIVE nil????☺️….. and great to watch. Well done and thank you ICT.....:ictscarf:

• Agree 8

Not sure there's moaning going on.

Certainly a difference of opinions. Like many, I thought the first half was a difficult watch. Some saw it differently, sizing up or probing. Not for me however if we all agree then there will be no debate.

Debate away, let the haters hate, they will do that anyway.....

Overall, an enjoyable 48 minutes, the rest of the game not so.

To be honest, one swallow and all that.

With Robbo contemplating changing the players for Challenge cup game  I doubt we will see a repeat score, but i could be wrong. I was wrong once before in 1976, but hey ho. (They found out later I was right but I don't hold a grudge....) 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Not sure I can add much to what's already been said, but Shaun Rooney had a particularly excellent game.

Also noteworthy, was that to me the referee seemed to have a really good game- especially compared to what I've witnessed at the Caledonian Stadium. The only real moment which I thought he got wrong was the booking of Shaun Rooney.

Overall, what an excellent result. Did not see that coming at all. Hopefully the team can take much confidence from it going forwards. Yes, though Morton were poor at times, you do not win that decisively by chance.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

Not sure there's moaning going on.

Certainly a difference of opinions. Like many, I thought the first half was a difficult watch. Some saw it differently, sizing up or probing. Not for me however if we all agree then there will be no debate.

Debate away, let the haters hate, they will do that anyway.....

Overall, an enjoyable 48 minutes, the rest of the game not so.

To be honest, one swallow and all that.

With Robbo contemplating changing the players for Challenge cup game  I doubt we will see a repeat score, but i could be wrong. I was wrong once before in 1976, but hey ho. (They found out later I was right but I don't hold a grudge....) 

? To be wrong once in 43 years...…………...not bad eh!!!!!!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

In my humble opinion massive difference in the match on friday was in transition to attack.

After about 30 mins we went from 4231 in defence to 244 in attack very quickly and accurately.  This  meant the mortons defence were pushed into man marking caleys front four and could no longer double up on white or walsh or keatings or doran. 

By the wingers being slightly narrow it also gave space to the full backs.

Carson and vincent were there to break up morton and try to stop any quick breaks. Mcart and Coll were left slightly exposed but coped magnificently at times in 2 on 2 or 3 on 2 situations with brilliant covering support by carson vincent and doran. (4times). 

And ridgers was magnificent. 6 shots on target and no goals. Average in this league is about 1.7 goals for that. We played to our strengths by trusting to col jamie and mark to get that clean sheet and allow the front 8 to attack.

Brilliant result against a competent team .

Screenshot_20190903-082009_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

I get that to post negative comments after a game like that is counter-productive , and some.

Emphasize the positive and inspire the fans etc. If the players do not perform  and lose a game then that alone , in their present euphoria, will teach them that success follows constant application and dedication. I, e hard works, dearies. There you go for the youngsters on the team. Stay positive and work hard.

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic