What’s our best 11?

Robert

Having seen 19 players start our last two games and two youngsters get a bit of game time off the bench, we have seen all bar the injured Mckay and Currie recently. 

We will all have our own thoughts, but I think this is our strongest 11 currently:

Ridgers

Rooney Donaldson McCart Tremarco

Carson Welsh

Walsh Storey Doran

White

The back 5 pick themselves, midfield and up front are tougher to choose.

4 hours ago, Robert said:

Having seen 19 players start our last two games and two youngsters get a bit of game time off the bench, we have seen all bar the injured Mckay and Currie recently. 

We will all have our own thoughts, but I think this is our strongest 11 currently:

Ridgers

Rooney Donaldson McCart Tremarco

Carson Welsh

Walsh Storey Doran

White

The back 5 pick themselves, midfield and up front are tougher to choose.

The only change I would make would be James Keatings in place of Miles Storey. I've been very impressed with Keatings so far. The rest I'd agree with. 

5 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Yes, I would have to have Keatings in the first eleven, I think he will be a very big player for ICT this season. Apart from linking the play and a goal threat, his corners and free kicks will contribute to a lot of goals. 

Incredibly that would make our starting 11 numbers 1 to 11!

3 hours ago, Robert said:

Incredibly that would make our starting 11 numbers 1 to 11!

That’s a decent shout by the management team at the start of the season

Would certainly be unusual for any team to field a 1-11 nowadays with injuries etc.

Maybe See this soon

On 9/9/2019 at 12:34 AM, Jaggernaut said:

Yes, I would have to have Keatings in the first eleven, I think he will be a very big player for ICT this season. Apart from linking the play and a goal threat, his corners and free kicks will contribute to a lot of goals. 

Keatings is the new Tansey;  free kick and corner wise!

On 9/9/2019 at 9:31 AM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

What I am more happy about is that we don't have a clear starting X1 - and even happier that we have a number of alternatives that do not weaken the set-up.

Sentiments shared and I would say that's it's something the management team have strived for since they came in.

It says a lot now about the squad that we're having this discussion especially at this stage of the season, shows an appetite to be in the team and a desire for the players to push themselves and others.

I can't argue with that starting 11 other than echoing the thoughts of others regards Keatings. At times I would swap White with Storey depending on who we are playing if the style of play suits.

4 hours ago, MrCaleyjag said:

Sentiments shared and I would say that's it's something the management team have strived for since they came in.

It says a lot now about the squad that we're having this discussion especially at this stage of the season, shows an appetite to be in the team and a desire for the players to push themselves and others.

I can't argue with that starting 11 other than echoing the thoughts of others regards Keatings. At times I would swap White with Storey depending on who we are playing if the style of play suits.

Would give Storey the nod over White he needs a good run in the team brings a bit of pace to our attack

• Disagree 1

He’s been best playing wide from what I’ve seen of him so far. 

Against Morton in the cup he was quiet until he and MacGregor swapped and he was then playing wide on the right. 

I think we need to keep a main striker and play to Storey’s strengths by utilising his pace.

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If Keatings and Walsh were fully fit then Robbo could return to the front 4 that started the season:

White

Doran       Keatings      Walsh

But he might he might be tempted to move Walsh to the left and start Storey rather than Doran. Storey and Walsh either side of White could be interesting. 

The back 4 is stuck on, so the only other question is whether it's Carson or Trafford  that play alongside Vincent. 

• Agree 1