Fort William - first league win in 882 days

FrontRow

Great news for my home town team: been a long time coming! A decent finish too. 

Sadly, their twitter feed also nitesvthe death of the Manager they joined the Highland League with, Henrick Madej. I recall him as a player when I was still at school in their non league days. 

Edited by Robert

sorry to disappoint but I am not in the slightest bit interested in Fort William or how their football team gets on. Just because we have a number of players there on loan (the majority of whom will not kick another ball for ICT) does not, in my opinion, justify a place on this particular forum.

• Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 3

Sorry

I believe at least 2 to 3 players from our youth will kick a ball for our team.

Jack Brown, Fyffe, Machiado, Daniel etc. 

This is developing local players for our team or for their benefit. We are a sports team if developing our local youth and supporting our community isn't what we do then support man city? 

I'm sure others could call out more. 

• Like 2

Whew!    Caleyboy, not a very positive attitude.

Our boys are playing for  the Fort and all fans should encourage them or other smaller teams to forge on, always trying;  whether to  improve or win matches  it makes no difference. How do young players get experience if they aren't playing games anywhere they can get the nod knowing that our team is encouraging them.?

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Moogthurso said:

Sorry

I believe at least 2 to 3 players from our youth will kick a ball for our team.

Jack Brown, Fyffe, Machiado, Daniel etc. 

This is developing local players for our team or for their benefit. We are a sports team if developing our local youth and supporting our community isn't what we do then support man city? 

I'm sure others could call out more. 

for a start Machiado and Daniel do not play for Fort William. Second, I fully support Youth Dev so I will politely ask you to pull your neck in. My point is simple. This is not the first time we have put players out on loan to SHFL teams but we have never given those teams exposure on this particular forum! Will we in the future?

Edited by caleyboy
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Whew!    Caleyboy, not a very positive attitude.

Our boys are playing for  the Fort and all fans should encourage them or other smaller teams to forge on, always trying;  whether to  improve or win matches  it makes no difference. How do young players get experience if they aren't playing games anywhere they can get the nod knowing that our team is encouraging them.?

you have a completely missed my point.

Caleyboy forgetting the benifits a loan to the Highland League can do to a player? Look at Graeme Shinnie. Went out to Forres pretty much as soon as he left the youth ranks, now look where he is, moved to a club that is highly favoured to go up to the Premier League and has 5 Scotland Caps under his belt.

I highly doubt, had he not gone on loan, he'd be bored out of his mind with no game time, and end up not being probably one of our best (if not the best) academy product...

Early loans are the best time to challenge players and make themselves ready for the jump into big boy football, otherwise, if it goes wrong, they could fail miserably and then the player is stuck going nowhere for the rest of his career...

Edited by Jack Waddington

29 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Caleyboy forgetting the benifits a loan to the Highland League can do to a player? Look at Graeme Shinnie. Went out to Forres pretty much as soon as he left the youth ranks, now look where he is, moved to a club that is highly favoured to go up to the Premier League and has 5 Scotland Caps under his belt.

I highly doubt, had he not gone on loan, he'd be bored out of his mind with no game time, and end up not being probably one of our best (if not the best) academy product...

Early loans are the best time to challenge players and make themselves ready for the jump into big boy football, otherwise, if it goes wrong, they could fail miserably and then the player is stuck going nowhere for the rest of his career...

and did we give Forres exposure on this forum? No.

You have to admit, it's quite unique, the club have made noises about this group being a bit special. Our U18s were very successful last season. The first team have kept the ones who are ready Dan, Roddy, Cameron etc and they will make their mark to cover injuries and suspensions when they come. The club loaning 9 players to fort helps keep the rest developing together and facing more challenging and physical games. I think it's a great move by the club and I'm hoping the experiences they have with fort will mean the lads stand a better chance of making it with our first team. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

for a start Machiado and Daniel do not play for Fort William. Second, I fully support Youth Dev so I will politely ask you to pull your neck in. My point is simple. This is not the first time we have put players out on loan to SHFL teams but we have never given those teams exposure on this particular forum! Will we in the future?

Yes we will give them exposure and support. 

9 players in one team or danny or hoban at elgin do deserve updates on this site. 

You dont have to read it. 

My neck is fully stuck out now. ??

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

28 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

Yes we will give them exposure and support. 

9 players in one team or danny or hoban at elgin do deserve updates on this site. 

You dont have to read it. 

My neck is fully stuck out now. ??

I will attempt to simplify this for you and any others who do not seem to understand.

It is good to hear how ALL ICTFC players are developing whilst on loan to other clubs.

ICTFC have absolutely NO affiliation with Fort William FC or any other team so all posts relating to them should on another forum.

Absolutely nothing wrong in posting details of how an individual player is developing but post it in HIS NAME not the team he is on loan to.

"Why, Caleyboy?

Where is the hurt, or diminution of ICT's stature, by fans showing positive feelings?.

Any fan worth his or her salt surely  approves of other teams always being enterprising and constantly seeking to improve by accepting offers by other , bigger teams, to help them and help blood their own up- and- coming players.

What would you prefer to see? Teams languish and die or just fade away because someone, somewhere, refused to lend them a helping hand.

It's called …"helping a lame dog over a style"...……. eh?" :whistle:

17 hours ago, caleyboy said:

I will attempt to simplify this for you and any others who do not seem to understand.

It is good to hear how ALL ICTFC players are developing whilst on loan to other clubs.

ICTFC have absolutely NO affiliation with Fort William FC or any other team so all posts relating to them should on another forum.

Absolutely nothing wrong in posting details of how an individual player is developing but post it in HIS NAME not the team he is on loan to.

I agree with you and can understand where you are coming from.

Due to the post being titled 'Fort William - first league win in 882 days' the thread should have been posted in the UK Football forum where I'm tempted to move it to.

If anyone wants to discuss the merits of the ICTFC loanees on this forum then I agree call it by their names or something similar that then relates it to ICTFC. It should be specific to ICTFC and not other teams, twist the thread round and angle it from the players perspective rather than the team perspective.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, MrCaleyjag said:

I agree with you and can understand where you are coming from.

Due to the post being titled 'Fort William - first league win in 882 days' the thread should have been posted in the UK Football forum where I'm tempted to move it to.

If anyone wants to discuss the merits of the ICTFC loanees on this forum then I agree call it by their names or something similar that then relates it to ICTFC. It should be specific to ICTFC and not other teams, twist the thread round and angle it from the players perspective rather than the team perspective.

Thank you MrCaleyjag. My apologies for not explaining myself more clearly. My point entirely.

13 minutes ago, Caley Stan said:

A 5-0 win for Fort William in the Scottish Cup today with all 9 of our boys involved. Would be hilarious if they made it to the 3rd round and got drawn against us. 

Jokes on them, they can't play. Be sending them packing. Beat Arbroaths 36 goals...

Also, we start in the Fourth Round this year.

Edited by Jack Waddington