Sign in to follow this  
CaleyTennis

John Robertson

I think this section of the forum is the place for this so, if not then sorry to the mods etc ;). 

With Craig Levein more or less nearing the exit door at Tynecastle, talk of replacements will start and, I fear one name that will be strongly linked is John Robertson :(. I was not a fan mid way through last season but did grow to become a fan again due to the incredible season we had. We have started this season very strongly, apart from the Utd hammering, so to lose him would be a massive, massive blow to us, but it would mean compensation which could lead to finding a useful replacement, but I want him to stay to lead us to promotion (remember that claim lol).

Is anyone as worried as me or am I being silly lol, I mean, there are others Hearts could go for? 

A bit too early perhaps , C.T. , for summarising feelings about his future and that of Hearts at this early stage of the season.

And remember that there are more fish in the sea than ever came out of it. Meaning, really, that no one is indispensable. Just one of life's constantly changing challenges`.....sigh.

I.e. the origin of the old saw... "Life get's tejious, don't  it".:mountie:

On 9/15/2019 at 9:02 PM, CaleyTennis said:

I think this section of the forum is the place for this so, if not then sorry to the mods etc ;). 

With Craig Levein more or less nearing the exit door at Tynecastle, talk of replacements will start and, I fear one name that will be strongly linked is John Robertson :(. I was not a fan mid way through last season but did grow to become a fan again due to the incredible season we had. We have started this season very strongly, apart from the Utd hammering, so to lose him would be a massive, massive blow to us, but it would mean compensation which could lead to finding a useful replacement, but I want him to stay to lead us to promotion (remember that claim lol).

Is anyone as worried as me or am I being silly lol, I mean, there are others Hearts could go for? 

Not sure Hearts, or Robbo for that matter would go down the same route again. When he went there before he said something like it was the only team he would have left ICT for and I dont think any of us could really begrudge him given the connections. It may be different folk in the background now but despite having a decent run as manager he still got sacked unceremoniously and most would say unjustly .... His later stints and experiences at County, Livi, and Derry likely did nothing to make him feel good about management and his tenure at East Fife was also pretty short.

We tempted him out of managerial retirement in 2017 and despite our own unfortunate experience of having someone manage us more than once he has also been reasonably successful second time around given the financial constraints he has to work within. We often talk about players being the right fit for a team .... the same applies to managers and I think Robbo is the right fit for us and he knows it as do our directors and board. Why would he leave one of the safest jobs in football and go back to the potential managerial merry go round that the Hearts spotlight would bring. 

• Agree 2