Loanees - How are they developing?

caleyboy

1 hour ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Yeah I see myself looking out for the Fort William scores now after watching the documentary and with all our youth players there. 

I didn't know about the Fort documentary, anyone know if it's available on an i-player or You Tube? I've also been keeping an eye on their scores, pleased for them and our lads that the loans seem to be helping both ways.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:26 PM, caleyboy said:

Let's discuss our youngsters here and keep us all up to date with their progress.

I feel for you here, a legitimate attempt at a post actually meant for this forum after the last one and somehow the thread goes onto Fort William anyway ? 

• Funny 1

12 minutes ago, ictbob said:

Been told these young lads are having to make there own way to Fort William on match days. One parent has told me her son will not be driving there in the winter or mid weeks.

If true, Certainly not the way to treat young pros.

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

If true, Certainly not the way to treat young pros.

I mean, what can you do, I doubt all these lads are full time, so they'll have part time jobs back in the Sneck, and their ICT wages are probably only a few hundred a week.

So, I see it's only fair (at their age anyway, as they're pretty much still kids) that it's down to mum and dad as to whether they can go or not, only other solution is for ICT to fund accommodation for while they're there, which I doubt will happen due to our financial status...plus the fact it's getting darker sooner and it's a 60 odd mile drive which even at the best of times is pretty bad, it's going to go wrong sooner or later as they'll be going out at whatever o'clock in the morning and then trying to get back the same night, then they'll be out again however many days later for training. It's a back and forth cycle that will wear them out constantly, they'll be tired after the match or training, and on such a boring seemingly endless road, it's not going to end well, especially at night...

It's a well travelled road, by young and old all year round - yes it can be hazardous but these situations can generally be assessed as and when the need arises. 

The A96 isn't much fun either and the traffic on that is way worse...wonder how Daniel gets to Elgin in the winter??

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Satan said:

It's a well travelled road, by young and old all year round - yes it can be hazardous but these situations can generally be assessed as and when the need arises. 

The A96 isn't much fun either and the traffic on that is way worse...wonder how Daniel gets to Elgin in the winter??

I mean, at least Elgin is a shorter distance, plus relatively cheap Rail Fare...

Surely ICT have an employer's duty of care with respect to their players?   Time to start considering the costs of a minibus and professional driver.  Or a couple of taxis?

And if I was one of the lads, I'd be having a close look at what my ICT contract says about travel.  You'd surely normally expect a club to cover this - either by providing transport or by reimbursing the players' travel costs.

ICT should also ensure that their players' car insurance includes business travel, and should pay the extra for that.  

Should be sorted out as a matter of priority.  A bad accident and ICT subsequently being found to be in breach of their responsibilities could wipe the club out.

Edited by snorbens_caleyman
additional thoughts and spelling

31 minutes ago, Sean93 said:

They are driven on a bus to fort william and back and aren't having to utilise own transport.

Are you suggesting that in spite of the histrionics above the club are actually on top of things and this is a non-story ?

1 hour ago, Tree said:

Are you suggesting that in spite of the histrionics above the club are actually on top of things and this is a non-story ?

Terrifying prospect i know. Anyhow anyone care to get this back on topic? Otherwise may as well file this under general nonsense.

How these young pros get back and fore to work was not the intention of this topic. I'm sure what we want to hear is how these youngsters are developing both technically and physically. I hope the club is sending an observer to every FW game and then reporting to Robbo.

Indeed that we can agree on.

From the games that I've attended and highlights I've seen on SHFL Tv on youtube i would summarise so far:

They played almost all of the top 6 of the HL in the first set of games and struggled initially. Its important to point out that the struggle is largely represented in the early scorelines. For those that attended the games its evident that technically they aren't struggling. The guys are all capable players who are comfortable on the ball. 

The large majority of the goals conceded to date have been from set pieces. The physical side of the HL was always going to be the biggest challenge for them to adapt to. Defensively they need to adapt from playing against other under 18s and adults and are beginning to do so which is represented in the goals against now lessening.

Going forward again the same Jack, Kieran, Ross and Roddy are all small players by the average height of HL footballers. They are improving and adapting to the physical sides of the games.

They play good passing football around the back, counter attack quickly and press the ball.

Club officials have certainly attended midweek games and id imagine that reports are provided each game.

• Agree 1