ICT - Partick Thistle (H), Sat 28th Sept

MrCaleyjag

7 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Oh dear another shambles at home and people are wondering about crowds falling like snow of dykes no rocket science u don't pay to watch a gash band the fair weather fans left with yogi and the glory days leaving us die hard 1500 or so ! Bad day at the office

Swear they left when we went down.

Regard those fans as scum, hopping on board when we're doing decent then leaving when something goes wrong. No loyalty in them...

• Like 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Facepalm 3

First half was even and caley arguably slightly better chances. Incident at the start of the second half summed it up. Mccart dawdled on the ball, duly robbed and only ridgers to beat for Miller to score. #grim. Caley could not find a reply and done by a simple cutback for a third. Very disappointing viewing. Watching McCall and thistle fans celebrate was not great. ?

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, jed5697 said:

First half was even and caley arguably slightly better chances. Incident at the start of the second half summed it up. Mccart dawdled on the ball, duly robbed and only ridgers to beat for Miller to score. #grim. Caley could not find a reply and done by a simple cutback for a third. Very disappointing viewing. Watching McCall and thistle fans celebrate was not great. ?

Just remember they're celebrating being off the bottom on goal difference ??

• Sad 1

Disappointing afternoon. We struggled to hold possession and a lot of simple passes were misplaced. 

First half probably quite even. White took his goal well and great cross by MacGregor. 

McCart was not at his normal level at all today, and that was highlighted when he gave possession away cheaply for the second.

We huffed and puffed but didn’t really look like getting an equaliser and their third killed it. 

After recent wins, hopefully this will serve as a reminder that we need to be on our game every week as we will not be play off challengers if we play many more games like this. 

I’d forgotten how bad Partick were for time wasting, but that didn’t feature in the outcome. We simply gave it away today. 

With Ayr on form, next Saturday will be a challenge. Hopefully we can bounce back with a better performance and good result. 

Of the players, hard to pick out positives. MacGregor was our pick in my opinion. 

• Agree 5

Very few players with pass marks (Roddy, Vincent, coll, tremarco). Lots lacked the desire and bite required at this level. Thought Welsh was okay but we need him to drive the team with his harrying and tackling but he seemed a bit fatigued. Doran seemed lost. White hot and cold. McCart had a bit of a nightmare, missed a glaring free header from a corner after gifting Partick the 2nd goal. This goal really gave Partick belief and something to hold onto. They ran out deserved winners as the showed more fight and energy. They countered well on a few occasions and killed the game with a third. Our best spell was just before half time. Started both halves very slowly. Really disappointing.

• Agree 2

Not good, lost in a poor manner.  Yes Jamie had a difficult one but the pass played to him was right in the middle of his feet.  Do they not know their strong sides ffs?  One poor game had to come, dust off move on.  Aye, forgotten how McCall plays the clock....not that Fox needs any encouragement!  Just not at the races, let’s clear up the back room nonsense and hopefully the team are still here to get back to winning ways....  A3D94F71-F57E-4316-84F0-25ED22F0939F.gif.90b21ce7ce6597597d898977bf5e98a5.gif

Awful all over the park particularly in the second half. Robertson really does not have a plan b when we go behind ,other than to go long and invariably any decent play goes out the window when we start chasing the game.

Worst thing about today is Partick didn't even have to work for the win it was gifted.

Positive, Roddy McGregor looked well comfortable at this level.

• Agree 3

What a pathetic performance. Absolutely gutless and void of ideas. We shot ourselves in the foot and were unable to create anything. 

Where do you start with that.

Storey showed why Patrick sent him packing, he was honking, ably backed up by McCart who missed two great headed chances and miscued numerous clearances. Doran was as much use as a chocolate teapot the whole game. We should have been set up nicely for the second half but we shrunk and Partick sensed that. We were simply outmuscled and had no answers. 

Abysmal, lacklustre, gutless, clueless, hapless, inept etc, everything you don't want your team to be.

Disgruntled

North Kessock

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 9/26/2019 at 5:23 PM, MrCaleyjag said:

I'm sticking my neck on the line and predicting that we'll keep our winning run going, certainly expect no less than a point. If I'm wrong then I'll take all the pelters I'm due come 4:45pm on Saturday.

I'll just sneak out the back door then and take my prediction with me. Never again will I be so foolish 

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Regard those fans as scum, hopping on board when we're doing decent then leaving when something goes wrong. No loyalty in them...

Scum is a pretty harsh word to use and doesn't exactly inspire anyone to come along. You'll always get this at football clubs and it will never change.

I hate when people leave early but ultimately they've paid their money so can up and go when they want.

At the end of the day it's up to the team to do it on the park to keep them coming back especially after the chief executive issues a rallying cry to entice people back. After that I guess it inevitable that we'd get beat.

3 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Harsh bro I no guys who's kids refused to watch the utter gash been served up in the last 3 seasons gotta mind for a lot of these people ICT were there 2nd team watching us take pumpings from likes of Dunfermline be as appealing as a trip to a dodgy dentist! 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

A disjointed performance today combined with a bit more effort from Partick resulted in nil points. It was obvious that the bit more effort from Partick would happen due to McCall taking over. I went to this game concerned that what happened would and unfortunately it did. But really thought that between the management and team they would not let that script be realised. I would suggest that they all believe the hype around McCall and Partick and was evident in the approach and performance. 

• tm4tj changed the title to ICT - Partick Thistle (H), Sat 28th Sept
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj featured this topic
  • tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic