September 28th 2013

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

But still a lot of our fans weren't happy then either the style of play was 2 boring remember hoping they're loving our more "direct" style these days eh ! 

Yeah remember that as well, top of the league and never happy. 0-0 at home to Motherwell at 25 minutes and the complaints from the Main Stand are in full flow. Could have been to do with not knowing what do when teams sat back when playing us at home as we were back then set up very much as counter attacking team which could pull teams apart with pace. Our best performances more often occurred away from Inverness. For a year and a half before Butcher left we were playing the best most attractive football ever seen at the Caledonian Stadium, it was a joy to watch.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, CaleyCanary said:

Was it only 6 years ago? Seems like forever and somehow at the moment it seems like there's less chance of getting back to those lofty heights than it ever did back in the Div 3 days...

Many will know that I'm not a fan of the SPL but hey, this was my team in the top league of Scottish football. Never thought I'd see the day that we'd be at the top of the PL. What a ride.

From those heady heights comes the slump. We peaked with the SFA Cup win and never capitalised as we couldn't hold on to that great team. That was a real shame and it was (is) all down to money. As mentioned above the people never came to the stadium in their droves to support what was an exciting team. If they couldn't do it then they certainly won't do it now. The potential for a large home crowd is there but it's trying to rid the city of this apathy that is the biggest problem. 

• Agree 2