The Legend Retires from football

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Shame for the guy. Injury has affected his career since us but for me had a huge role in our success and pivotal in us winning the Scottish cup. That semi final penalty was the defining cup run moment.

I agree. That penalty was immense. With the sending off, there was such a long delay before he could take it. 

I really hope he finds success in whatever he does in the future. 

• Agree 1

Such sad news from a player who is still relatively young in this day and age of footballers. Greg was one of the finest midfielders to wear the ICT shirt who was the whole package.  He could read the game well, amazing free kicks, penalties and passing, he could also mix it when he needed to. He was on our team at one of the quiz nights and came across as a very friendly guy. I really hope he finds a way to persue whatever path he takes next. All the best Greg and thanks for the memories. 

• Agree 1

Again, can only add my best wishes to Greg who, in a few short years at the club, made a massive contribution to ICT ‘s history. Won’t forget the famous penalty or  being right behind that strike as it arrowed into the Hearts net at Easter Road. 

Often forgotten that he spent two spells with us so we obviously made an impression during the first one, he certainly made an impression on his return that most of us will never forget.

Can't add anymore to what has already been said above, great shame that his career ended this way so early but he can retire safe in the knowledge that he contributed hugely to our success and left very little out on the pitch.

I agree with all the positives that have been expressed in this thread.  Greg was great for us, especially in his second spell.  He contributed greatly to our cup winning team and, as far as I can tell, was always a good ambassador for ICT, on and off the field.  Good luck to him in whatever he does next.  We could do with one or two of his ilk these days.

On 10/6/2019 at 12:24 PM, RiG said:

I've collated some of my finest Tansey moments in this Twitter thread. Enjoy!

Fine selection there. I was trying to add the one at Firhill on the way to the Scottish Cup but I’m on a very dodgy WiFi connection.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Fine selection there. I was trying to add the one at Firhill on the way to the Scottish Cup but I’m on a very dodgy WiFi connection.

We talked about that goal on Saturday but from a YouTube can I couldn't find it when I was doing the thread. It's been posted by another ICT fan in there somewhere.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

We talked about that goal on Saturday but from a YouTube can I couldn't find it when I was doing the thread. It's been posted by another ICT fan in there somewhere.

Forgotten how to start videos at certain points. This one is at 51 secs

• Like 1

• 5 months later...