Retro Kits

Jack Waddington

• 2 months later...

Bit of a late reply, but they're doing another one, this time the 1997-98 kit.

Again, not finalised design, assuming Le Coq Sportif logo is still being worked on (to either dodge copyright infringement or to get their permission), and badge has been fixed, not quite the same, but better than what it initially was.

£37, same guys as before, but unsure as to when it'll be available, probably February, judging by the last ones announcement to final product time scale

IMG_20191226_170947.jpg

9 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Bit of a late reply, but they're doing another one, this time the 1997-98 kit.

Again, not finalised design, assuming Le Coq Sportif logo is still being worked on (to either dodge copyright infringement or to get their permission), and badge has been fixed, not quite the same, but better than what it initially was.

£37, same guys as before, but unsure as to when it'll be available, probably February, judging by the last ones announcement to final product time scale

IMG_20191226_170947.jpg

I’ve still got mine, still fits however the collar is constantly turned up which ruins it a little. 

Still think the club should have issued limited pre merger kits to celebrate the 25th anniversary.

They would have sold like hot cakes and a tidy profit would have been made.

Sadly there seems to be a lack of forward thinking in our commercial department. 

Am I surprised? NO!!!

Dougal

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Reviving this thread as a warning for anyone who's stumbled across this listing on eBay. It's not authentic. I've been in contact with the seller, and found out they aren't part of the "sell fake shirts for big bucks" movement, so they're probably going to relist it

Screenshot_20220222-131613_eBay.jpg

Edited by Jack Waddington
Dun goofed

Definitely fake as hell .... I think the shading looks all wrong (although that could be the picture) but the glaring error is the badge. That's an Inverness Caledonian Thistle badge not a Caledonian Thistle one. 

I don't have a good pic of the 94 kit, but this pic that came from the club back then (of Mike Andrew in full flow), zoomed in as far as I can without getting too pixellated shows how big and clunky the badge was. 

image.png

A similar picture from the following year shows it more clearly. There does not appear to be SFL badges on the 94/95 kit otherwise that too would have been a red flag for a supposedly authentic shirt. 

image.png

actually, just found another, slightly less blurry. no league badges on arms, but definitely the wrong badge. The other thing about this shirt is the CityLink sponsor logo was an iron-on logo so tends to bend after a while. This picture looks perfectly flat and the borders of the writing are also wrong - look at left and right margins. 

image.png