ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW

Tweets by @ICTFC

Is Doran injured? Not in squad. 

Good to see Keatings back. Carson deserves his chance in midfield. Be interesting to see how Curry performs. 

Hopefully we get a positive reaction to failing to close out last week’s game and give our travelling fans a great afternoon. 

We have to wonder about the reaction from the players, Or are the management at fault ?  The Partick game was a nightmare, We have struggled badly with form ever since, what worries me is the lack of passion. 

After the Partick and the Alloa games where we lost goals i saw no signs of frustration or anything like the players were annoyed with themselves or each other.

I think i showed more passion and annoyance than the whole team! 

They looked like they couldn't give a f**k 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

First half we played a lot of decent stuff middle to front, loads of crosses from the byline. Defensively very poor though. Second half was awful, just a long punt up the park with Keatings not looking interested in battling for that kind of service. Howler from Donaldson for the winner. 

• Agree 1

1 point from 9 against what was the bottom 3 teams in the league we will not get promotion on this kind of form all the possession more shots and more on target but fail to take the points. Surely Robbo has to take White out of the attack and Give Todorov a chance following the game on BBC text White had one header and no surprise it was high as per usual.

• Agree 3

Perfect opportunity to shift up the table blown (again). Still only early doors, we're still within clutches of top spots. Just by the tweets, I could tell we were absolutely rubbish. A goal down within 2 minutes, and then (luckily) almost 2 nil within 10. And then, as per, conceding in the final 10. We need to wake the hell up and prove we're actually willing to fight all the way for the title, rather than seeing it as by chance...

• Agree 1

Dreadful game. Absolutely mind numbingly awful attempts at football from us. Long thump forward seemed to be the order of the day which got us the square root of fuck all. Bizarre that we persisted with this for so long. Is Welsh the only midfielder we have capable of getting the ball down and playing a pass? 

Not sure what happened with the opener. Our defence all seemed to stop and claim offside instead of playing to the whistle and McHugh finished well. If he was offside then it's a bit crap but at the same time that's extremely naive of us to just stop and assume we'll get a decision.

Well taken goal from Curry to bring us back into it. After that it was mostly us with the ball creating nothing of note before a Donaldson brain fart let McHugh in again and he finished well for the second time in the game. Whilst a draw was probably a fair result I'm finding it hard to feel too hard done by despite losing. Far too many players off the boil at the minute (McCart has looked a shadow of the player he had been after his public rinsing by Robertson after Partick) and our approach to the game was brutal. If I type any more I'll just get angry.

Nowhere near good enough. Heads gone etc...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

From comments made about this game and recent results it appears we are on a bit of a slide downwards. I would suggest that there is enough depth in the squad and quality of individual players to be winning these games. So we are left with attitude and application. Please work on those and as the old saying goes 'get a grip'. This league will go to whoever consistently applies themselves. ICT can be this team. Next couple of games require an improvement please. Many thanks. ?

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, jed5697 said:

From comments made about this game and recent results it appears we are on a bit of a slide downwards. I would suggest that there is enough depth in the squad and quality of individual players to be winning these games. So we are left with attitude and application. Please work on those and as the old saying goes 'get a grip'. This league will go to whoever consistently applies themselves. ICT can be this team. Next couple of games require an improvement please. Many thanks. ?

That sums things up nicely. We have been inconsistent, had some lucky breaks and some unlucky ones, but probably only have one stand out performance, the 5-0 against Morton. 

We can have a good season but need to find consistency or we will be sucked into the mid table pack. 

Big week coming up with Queen of the South and Dundee United. Four points should be our minimum target, but it wouldn’t surprise me if we only got one or even none. 

As someone has said in this thread, we need to get a grip. 

• Agree 3

Playing Jordan changes the way in which we play the game and this was clear from the two Alloa matches.

Having movement from Curry gave the midfield and wide players options and forced the defenders to cover both in front and behind.

With White there is less movement as a front unit and as a result we change to a direct long ball. Jordan is not Higdon or Brewster however and invariably we lose possession when the ball goes forward. He will not run in general behind the defence and therefore it become easier to defend in front only with a deep midfielder closing down the space and we lose possession.

We lack edge up front both in terms of general play and goal threat.

If we stop the errors at the back this will help but without a true goal threat it is hard to see how anything other than a playoff place is achievable. Should add that I don’t think Todorov is the answer and I don’t think the manager does either!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic