Arrogance?

Guess those who chose to go support the team At Morton yesterday and couldn't make the Hall of Fame can be under no illusion as to what they're thought of at the club. 

Here's to the "True Supporters" who lined the pockets of the Drummossie Hotel ?

P.S. JO has always claimed to be a die hard Clacher.  Seems like his loyalties are cheaply bought.

20191027_111018.thumb.jpg.a4be8e774d8c93b5265aa3fa7ab968e3.jpg

Edited by Buster
Spelling

50 minutes ago, Kind of Blue said:

You can interpret what he meant by true in many ways and I don't think he was meaning it in the way you have taken it Buster.

He's felt the need to close down his FB page, so must be an innocent misinterpreted comment after all.

29 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Why on earth can't both those who made the long and ultimately fruitless journey to Greenock and those who attended the event last night be regarded as true and committed supporters ?

It seems to me that any arrogance is coming from one source.

Well, if it's not my favourite stalker back to say hello.  You and Charles must be about level on the comeback count.  Wonder who will be #1 at Christmas?

39 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Why on earth can't both those who made the long and ultimately fruitless journey to Greenock and those who attended the event last night be regarded as true and committed supporters ?

It seems to me that any arrogance is coming from one source.

And what about those supporters who made neither due to not living in the country for example? It was a daft comment to make on Facebook by Jim Oliver, at best naive and at worst crass & insensitive. 

There's no such thing as a 'true' supporter,  anyone who supports the club in any shape or form is more than welcome.

• Agree 3

Ridiculous to have organised this event when we were away to Morton. Fans had to make a choice and those that decided to travel to Greenock to support the team are obviously not regarded as true supporters. Whereas people who were given free tickets to this bash are the future. Look forward to seeing them en masse in Dumfries on Tuesday night.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

22 minutes ago, Hearach said:

Ridiculous to have organised this event when we were away to Morton. Fans had to make a choice and those that decided to travel to Greenock to support the team are obviously not regarded as true supporters. Whereas people who were given free tickets to this bash are the future. Look forward to seeing them en masse in Dumfries on Tuesday night.

Gosh - the Travel Club will have to book at least two more buses for all Jim’s true ICT supporters to come to Dumfries on Tuesday evening after giving up going to Greenock for the joys of spending money in Drumossie  Hotel.   

• Funny 5

I still find it absolutely astonishing that there is still a lunatic fringe within our support that think rank and file fans mean something to the guardians of this club.

I very much doubt there were any true supporters in the Drummossie last night. You could probably count them on one hand at a push.

Hall of Fame  more like Hall of Shame

Dougal

• Agree 2

Regardless of how it was meant to read .It is disrespectful  to the fans who travelled to Greenock yesterday .It will be interesting to see how many of the “true fans “ will be making the journey to Dumfries with us on Tuesday. Makes me wonder why we bother in all weathers .....Oh yes it’s because we are fans !!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

As said above, organising this event on the night of an away game made no sense at all. I'm guessing that current players and officials never got to go to the dinner either, or did they appear later on?

I couldn't go to Greenock but tried to drum up some other friends and long time fans in the same boat to go to the dinner. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to persuade them partly because they still feel disengaged by the club and partly because they had no wish to pay rip off prices for drink at the Drumossie.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Row S said:

As said above, organising this event on the night of an away game made no sense at all. I'm guessing that current players and officials never got to go to the dinner either, or did they appear later on?

I couldn't go to Greenock but tried to drum up some other friends and long time fans in the same boat to go to the dinner. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to persuade them partly because they still feel disengaged by the club and partly because they had no wish to pay rip off prices for drink at the Drumossie.

James Vincent made it back for his award.

image.png

Edited by WYNESS101

7 hours ago, Row S said:

If only it had been held in Weatherspoons? Unfortunately then there would still be criticism this time that its seen as a cheap event etc etc

• Like 1

The problem with large events in Inverness is that there is a limited choice of venue.  If you want to book an event at the Drumossie for a Friday or Saturday night then the booking needs to be made a year or so in advance and certainly before the fixture list is out.  It is pot luck whether the date coincides with a home fixture or not.  Unfortunately on this occasion, not only was it an away fixture but a more distant one.  The issue for me, therefore, is whether the event should be on a Saturday night at all.

For me personally, I think the Hall of Fame event shouldn't be seen as a fund-raising event.  If it makes a profit, then great, but it should be about players past and present and the fans who watch the team week in and week out.  It should be about celebrating achievements of the past and making connections between the fans and the current players.  It should be priced to make it accessible for fans who simply can't afford to attend events like Saturday's event at the Drumossie.  There is a sponsors' night coming up on Thursday 14th November and I see no reason why future Hall of Fame events shouldn't be on a weekday too.

Of course, we all know that the club is short of money and therefore fundraising events are necessary.  If there are some folk attending such events who would need directions to the ground were they ever to go to a game, then that's fine by me as long as they are paying a good sum for their ticket, buying raffle tickets etc.  Hopefully the experience will encourage them to get more involved with the club one way and another.

Maybe with the 25th Anniversary coinciding with significant financial concerns and personnel changes at the club, there has been an over-emphasis on appealing to those with deeper pockets.  Whilst it is great if those with deep pockets can help the club out in some way, it is vital that the club does not lose sight of the fact that the long term future of the club depends on the numbers of fans coming through the turnstiles.  If the fans feel taken for granted and alienated and stop coming as a result, then all the fundraising will count for nothing.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

If only it had been held in Weatherspoons? Unfortunately then there would still be criticism this time that its seen as a cheap event etc etc

I heard Green Drive Hall was available. 

5 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

The problem with large events in Inverness is that there is a limited choice of venue.  If you want to book an event at the Drumossie for a Friday or Saturday night then the booking needs to be made a year or so in advance and certainly before the fixture list is out.  It is pot luck whether the date coincides with a home fixture or not.  Unfortunately on this occasion, not only was it an away fixture but a more distant one.  The issue for me, therefore, is whether the event should be on a Saturday night at all.

For me personally, I think the Hall of Fame event shouldn't be seen as a fund-raising event.  If it makes a profit, then great, but it should be about players past and present and the fans who watch the team week in and week out.  It should be about celebrating achievements of the past and making connections between the fans and the current players.  It should be priced to make it accessible for fans who simply can't afford to attend events like Saturday's event at the Drumossie.  There is a sponsors' night coming up on Thursday 14th November and I see no reason why future Hall of Fame events shouldn't be on a weekday too.

Of course, we all know that the club is short of money and therefore fundraising events are necessary.  If there are some folk attending such events who would need directions to the ground were they ever to go to a game, then that's fine by me as long as they are paying a good sum for their ticket, buying raffle tickets etc.  Hopefully the experience will encourage them to get more involved with the club one way and another.

Maybe with the 25th Anniversary coinciding with significant financial concerns and personnel changes at the club, there has been an over-emphasis on appealing to those with deeper pockets.  Whilst it is great if those with deep pockets can help the club out in some way, it is vital that the club does not lose sight of the fact that the long term future of the club depends on the numbers of fans coming through the turnstiles.  If the fans feel taken for granted and alienated and stop coming as a result, then all the fundraising will count for nothing.

Why not just hold the event at the stadium. There is a function room and also a bar. Keep the money inside the club instead of putting money behind a hotel bar.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Fraz said:

I heard Green Drive Hall was available. 

Could you not have enquired  regarding the availability of the lodge from the brethren or did you have another ceremony Saturday evening?

Does it not speak volumes that no one on CTO appears to have attended the Hall of Shame

Dougal

Edited by dougal

7 minutes ago, dougal said:

Could you not have enquired  regarding the availability of the lodge from the brethren or did you have another ceremony Saturday evening?

Does it not speak volumes that no one on CTO appears to have attended the Hall of Shame

Dougal

Hell are you on about ya ***?

• tm4tj changed the title to Arrogance?