Robbo

Jack Waddington

"Due to my history with the club, you'll always get a mention. What do you want me to say, that I want to run down the A9?

"My job here is Inverness and I was out of the game for five years and they came and gave me an opportunity so my loyalty is to work hard, and keep working hard, at Inverness until I'm told differently."

Well played, that man.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50336949

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

21 hours ago, The Long Man said:

"Due to my history with the club, you'll always get a mention. What do you want me to say, that I want to run down the A9?

"My job here is Inverness and I was out of the game for five years and they came and gave me an opportunity so my loyalty is to work hard, and keep working hard, at Inverness until I'm told differently."

Well played, that man.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50336949

I read that whole article differently ... a polite "come get me" ... though I hope I'm wrong. 

39 minutes ago, cif73 said:

I read that whole article differently ... a polite "come get me" ... though I hope I'm wrong.

I was of the same mind as The Long Man then I read Robbo's comment again after your post with more of an open mind ... "until I'm told differently"...  could bend you to either viewpoint.

On balance I think it's a well meant statement of loyalty from Robbo but you've sown the seeds of doubt so I'm no longer 100% sure - but also hope you're wrong.

He was a failure last time Hearts poached him off us so can't see it happening again.

That said, if they want him, why don't we do a swap and offer Craig Levein a job?

Might work - horses for courses and all that!

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1