Scotty

3 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Not sure if I'm clutching at straws here, but doesn't having a player with no name or number on his shirt count as fielding an ineligible player? Dropped the SPFL an email about it (the player, not hoping to steal a win from United or their inelligibility), but I'm unsure

Nah, wasting your time. There's a difference between fielding a player who hasn’t been signed and more trivial stuff such as a teamsheet error. Might be a fine. 

Edit - you're also assuming the ref, linesman and 4th official let him enter the field without noting his name. The 3rd sub was clearly announced as Mark Connolly.

Edited by TheMantis

Haven’t read any of the previous posts and having been in the fluke since end of game my comments may be alcohol induced. Charlie Trafford totally immense today. Was totally committed and never gave up. Sean Rooney was the same until his unfortunate injury. We didn’t have the class to see off Utd White can’t win a header and his goal scoring record is shocking. No doubt Gregor and his stats will be on shortly but scoring goals against teams in the chocolatecaranelwafer thingy isn’t the same as goals in the league. God knows what his scoring record in the league is.   Without Welsh we don’t have the class for that final pass and we are struggling to break teams down. Draws against Alloa getting beat by Morton isn’t the sign of a team going places We are now in the position that we need to win Three more games than Utd this early in the season. Frustrating to say the least 

??

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, jagster said:

Haven’t read any of the previous posts and having been in the fluke since end of game my comments may be alcohol induced. Charlie Trafford totally immense today. Was totally committed and never gave up. Sean Rooney was the same until his unfortunate injury. We didn’t have the class to see off Utd White can’t win a header and his goal scoring record is shocking. No doubt Gregor and his stats will be on shortly but scoring goals against teams in the chocolatecaranelwafer thingy isn’t the same as goals in the league. God knows what his scoring record in the league is.   Without Welsh we don’t have the class for that final pass and we are struggling to break teams down. Draws against Alloa getting beat by Morton isn’t the sign of a team going places We are now in the position that we need to win Three more games than Utd this early in the season. Frustrating to say the least 

??

You should've gone to the fluke before the start of the game .....would've been a much more enjoyable day! ???

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

11 minutes ago, jagster said:

??

My goodness stay off the beer mate

3 hours ago, lizi said:

Todorov had a good game v Queen of the South (I was there) and scored a goal but gets dropped today.  Why on earth?   On his worst day Toddy is better, more industrious, not scared to tackle, than White.  I am fed up of White jumping and missing the ball.    I am no football manager but fail to see the benefit Robbo sees in playing White week in week out for little return.   I would have Todorov starting, with Walsh too and Keatings.  Incidentally well done Charlie Trafford, he never gives up despite not being given a regular start.   Carson a good signing, improving every game.  

Lizi that is just not true lol

So glad you are not the manager lol

Edited by Gregor

Surprisingly, I thought White did win a fair amount of knock-ons. However they were either misdirected or there was nobody around to take advantage. Just an overall poor display against a slick speedy Dundee United. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Surprisingly, I thought White did win a fair amount of knock-ons. However they were either misdirected or there was nobody around to take advantage. Just an overall poor display against a slick speedy Dundee United. 

Thanks think me and you watched the same game

White is always the go to player to blame for the majority of our fans.

Strange bunch at times

6 minutes ago, Gregor said:

Wow some real fickle fans on here tonight

Dundee utd 3.4 million loss so far by the accounts published

Probably treble our wage bill if not more.

What's fickle about not wanting to watch ***** week in week out couldn't care less what UTDs wage bill is I expect us 2 compete with all the teams in this league my man look at Livi competing in the SPL on a smaller budget than us!

• Agree 4

28 minutes ago, Gregor said:

The other night on Radio Scotland one of the pundits said it was 5 or 6 times ours, don’t know how well informed that was or if it was just a guess.

1 hour ago, Gregor said:

Strange bunch at times

I actually agree with @tm4tj, White was no worse than the rest today.

But let's turn your statement round.You are always the goto fan to stick up for White. Why don't you stick up for Brad Mackay, Charlie Trafford (especially), or Curry or even Doran who have had a fair bit of stick? Because you're so obviously Jordan's mate. Or brother ?  Big Jordan got his share of credit last season when he came on to a game halfway through the season. I like Jordan as he gives 100%, but let's face it, when Jordan leaves ICT, so will you.

I asked you before, how long you had been watching ICT and you dodged that one. Because let's be clear: this is the worst ICT side since we were promoted out the seaside leagues in 1999. 20 years ago. Guys like Russell Duncan who were considered jobbers when we won the First Division would be standouts in this team. Forwards like Wyness, Ritchie, Bingham, Wilson, Hislop are players we would kill for now, and that's without mentioning that the standard in the league has dropped in 20 years.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

9 hours ago, Gregor said:

That observation certainly has its place. However my frustration is that we resolutely refuse to make best use of the players we actually do have.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, Gregor said:

That didn't stop queen of the South putting 4 past them. We have pure and simply bottled it play offs at best I reckon 

• Agree 4

13 hours ago, Gregor said:

Strange bunch at times

I really don’t like singling out players as I have no doubt they all give their all when playing but in the last 4 games we drew with Alloa lost to Morton beat QoS and lost to Dundee Utd. Guess which one Todorov started 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Satan said:

Theres been quite a lot said on here regarding yesterdays poor display, but i'm now quite eager to hear from the manager himself...i wonder which game he saw?

A quote from Robbo we were hard done by wow that man needs to stay of the crack pipe we got destroyed at home time for Robbo to bounce and take White and Trafford with him to his nxt port of call

DUFC came up here on the back of  some bad away defeats and yet never had to up the gears to take us apart ,as they have since the cup tie last year. Embarrassing how easily we were done yet again.

Also typical boring and defeatist attitude bringing up the usual 'they have more cash than us' every time we lose a game. To easy an excuse for me

Just about every passage of play was poor yesterday, corners ,set pieces we couldn't even manage a decent throw in. FFS that's the basics ,what do they work on all week.

There is at least one reply on here mentioning the attributes, or rather lack of them describing Saturdays performance of our team one adjective left out was frightened, yes we looked scared of what was an unimpressive Dundee United side. At the start of the season I said I thought that with the Squad we have we had the potential to beat any and all of the other Championship Teams. I still think that is so but to me there is something very far wrong with the coaching side of things when we field a Team that is lacklustre, ponderous aimless, lacking in confidence and looking scared of the opposition.

Something is amiss somewhere so Robbo must take a long hard look at how the team is being coached and how he can get the confidence of the Team up to desired levels. It is also alarming to think that all the players we have lost are now having real success in their new Sides and also now playing regularly, which,  with one exception they did not do with us. Does this also tell us something ?

14 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

There is at least one reply on here mentioning the attributes, or rather lack of them describing Saturdays performance of our team one adjective left out was frightened, yes we looked scared of what was an unimpressive Dundee United side. At the start of the season I said I thought that with the Squad we have we had the potential to beat any and all of the other Championship Teams. I still think that is so but to me there is something very far wrong with the coaching side of things when we field a Team that is lacklustre, ponderous aimless, lacking in confidence and looking scared of the opposition.

Something is amiss somewhere so Robbo must take a long hard look at how the team is being coached and how he can get the confidence of the Team up to desired levels. It is also alarming to think that all the players we have lost are now having real success in their new Sides and also now playing regularly, which,  with one exception they did not do with us. Does this also tell us something ?

Yeah, we gave them far too much respect. We're a top 4 side playing at home and we didn't lay a glove on them. We're at our best when we play at a high tempo and get forward and attack teams. Most teams are. It lifts the crowd apart from anything.

For all the stick Rice got here, he must be doing something right at Accies. I have to admit I never rated Oakley since the first time I set eyes on him, and his goalscoring rate was poor for us, yet he's been able to step up a division. Never mind, maybe Polworth will come back when he's 34.

Edited by TheMantis
  • Funny 2

59 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

A quote from Robbo we were hard done by wow that man needs to stay of the crack pipe we got destroyed at home time for Robbo to bounce and take White and Trafford with him to his nxt port of call

That’s harsh about Trafford. When I’ve seen him play this season, he has shown passion and he was our best player by a mile yesterday. 

• Agree 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic