Arbroath Away Team

WYNESS101

25 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

I beg that White gets dropped entirely. He's pure gash.

How about that guy from the Main Stand? He had a better header than any of the players on the field...

Gave my son a hard time for not challenging him and leaving him with a free header ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satan said:

Time to go shopping for centre backs, ours used to be so tight, now they are leaking goals at an alarming rate .

Good players don't become bad overnight...just need to sort out what's stopped working and put it right.

• Agree 1

Ridgers

McKay Donaldson McCart Tremarco

Trafford Vincent

Rooney Keatings Walsh

Todorov

If Rooney is fit I'd like to see him start in a more attacking role. Storey isn't a winger and Doran and Curry were poor yesterday. 

14 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Good players don't become bad overnight...just need to sort out what's stopped working and put it right.

They've not become bad overnight, but standards have slipped with several clangers thrown in to some average performances.

Donaldson & Mccart IMO are at their best when both are in form and confidence is high, which neither can claim both of these attributes at the moment. I think it's an area that a player should be rested if struggling as unchecked it can really hinder the whole backline.

Time for Brad?? Or will he be covering for Rooneys injury?

...and also - yes Carl does seem to be toiling with the ground he used to cover easily in games.

The defence isn't that bad they're good players it's the forward areas wer gash in a striker on the wing a striker who can't head the ball or control it long balls to him he looses it usually and wer under pressure again ! Maybe White would be better with a strike partner if Robbo persists with him something needs to change be another season of failure scraping in to the play offs and loosing them followed by more of the same nxt season

1 hour ago, Satan said:

Donaldson & Mccart IMO are at their best when both are in form and confidence is high, which neither can claim both of these attributes at the moment.

I think they are both missing Welsh who is so good at giving protection and tidying things up. They are more exposed as a result so mistakes are more likely. 

Too many balls over the top causing chaos between them...that's not a lack of midfield protection, that's just defending 101.

There are issues on the flanks where they are stepping out to  cover the missing Tremarco or Rooney too often...but if the manager wants his full backs wandering so far up the pitch he has to organise extra cover.

If I've got this right, it's our first visit on league business since March 2003 and we were to go up as champions the following year after losing out to Falkirk. We came from behind to win 3-1. Hislop and 2 from Wyness. If I remember correctly, Arbroath scored right on the half time whistle.

The team makes interesting and nostalgic reading:

Brown, Tokely, Munro, Mann, Golabek, McCaffrey, Robson, McBain, Hart, Wyness, Hislop. Subs: Fraser, Stewart, Bagan, Keogh, Ritchie.

On 11/3/2019 at 11:40 AM, Satan said:

They've not become bad overnight, but standards have slipped with several clangers thrown in to some average performances.

Donaldson & Mccart IMO are at their best when both are in form and confidence is high, which neither can claim both of these attributes at the moment. I think it's an area that a player should be rested if struggling as unchecked it can really hinder the whole backline.

Time for Brad?? Or will he be covering for Rooneys injury?

...and also - yes Carl does seem to be toiling with the ground he used to cover easily in games.

You are correct about the defence but no matter what they do wrong its always the strikers to blame, well one in particular.

Quite bizarre by some of our fans.

On 11/3/2019 at 12:01 PM, Alan Simpson said:

The defence isn't that bad they're good players it's the forward areas wer gash in a striker on the wing a striker who can't head the ball or control it long balls to him he looses it usually and wer under pressure again ! Maybe White would be better with a strike partner if Robbo persists with him something needs to change be another season of failure scraping in to the play offs and loosing them followed by more of the same nxt season

Well maybe have a look at Whites last two goals for us and there is the answer.

Two fantastic balls into the box  from wide areas from young McGregor and Tremarco and two equally fantastic finishes by his head to score.

Against Morton he also slotted the ball away well by a lovely pass from Vincent

White is a very decent striker imo who needs more decent service from his team mates on a regular basis

Its the lack of creativity from midfield that is the problem not the finishing from White.

He dosent hide in any games Ive watched him and gives 100%

He has become the scapegoat for Saturdays defeat when we lost 3 goals which is incredible. You would have thought he missed a barrowload of chances in the game. 

Unfortunately for him he has become the new Liam Polworth and gets the blame for nearly everything that goes wrong on the park.

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Gregor said:

Well maybe have a look at Whites last two goals for us and there is the answer.

Two fantastic balls into the box  from wide areas from young McGregor and Tremarco and two equally fantastic finishes by his head to score.

Against Morton he also slotted the ball away well by a lovely pass from Vincent

White is a very decent striker imo who needs more decent service from his team mates on a regular basis

Its the lack of creativity from midfield that is the problem not the finishing from White.

He dosent hide in any games Ive watched him and gives 100%

He has become the scapegoat for Saturdays defeat when we lost 3 goals which is incredible. You would have thought he missed a barrowload of chances in the game. 

Unfortunately for him he has become the new Liam Polworth and gets the blame for nearly everything that goes wrong on the park.

Bro I like White but pushing it a fair bit to call him a very decent Striker! Polly was a great player can't compare him and the big man! Fair play to u bro you fight the big mans corner and tbf the service ain't the best anyway my man lets hope White bangs them in gets us a play off spot eh 

Aye Arbroath. Got to be one of my favourites. Unhappy I can't make it this weekend. Last time I went my dog came in with me! I remember restraining him as Barry Robson swept passed us two yards away....... the dug would never have caught him anyway!!