Arbroath Away Team

WYNESS101

A very strange interpretation of what Robbo said but you do interpret things in different ways to others. Does anyone seriously think Hearts will go for Robbo because I don't and I also don't think he would go as Hearts are in a complete mess at the moment.

Back on topic about the team for Saturday, the only positions really up for changing are White, Doran and Curry. Walsh will replace either Doran or Curry almost certainly so one of them may retain their place. We need to try Todorov for a few games instead of White to try and develop a different style of play. The problem with White is that, despite his size, he is poor at winning and holding the ball up when it is punted up to him. When he doesn't retain the ball or win the header, the ball comes straight back to us from our opponents and puts us under pressure and this is what happened against United. His game intelligence is not good either while Todorov can see and make runs that White does not. Whit can score from good crosses into the box but, in my opinion needs too many chances to score a goal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Huisdean said:

A very strange interpretation of what Robbo said but you do interpret things in different ways to others. Does anyone seriously think Hearts will go for Robbo because I don't and I also don't think he would go as Hearts are in a complete mess at the moment.

I was being a bit naughty as I doubt Robbo will even be in their top 20 to be manager.  For other positions being talked about, however???

If we're talking about the state of clubs, I'd rather we were in Hearts position than ours right now. Or have people forgotten that we still have the begging bowls out to try to find the cash to see us to the end of the season?

15 hours ago, Huisdean said:

Back on topic about the team for Saturday, the only positions really up for changing are White, Doran and Curry. Walsh will replace either Doran or Curry almost certainly so one of them may retain their place. We need to try Todorov for a few games instead of White to try and develop a different style of play. The problem with White is that, despite his size, he is poor at winning and holding the ball up when it is punted up to him. When he doesn't retain the ball or win the header, the ball comes straight back to us from our opponents and puts us under pressure and this is what happened against United. His game intelligence is not good either while Todorov can see and make runs that White does not. Whit can score from good crosses into the box but, in my opinion needs too many chances to score a goal.

Actually White is good at holding the ball up and bringing others into the game. The problem is sometimes we resort to playing crazy balls to him which he has no chance of flicking on or holding up.

He very rarely loses a ball at his feet and a high ball is always going to be 50/50 chance of winning and he wins his fair share of them.

As for his goalscoring he has been consistent during his career and imo should be our main striker.

White has scored 21 goals for Inverness the same number that Toddy has scored in his whole career.

Your comment about game intelligence of White is directed at the wrong player imo.

Having watched the Queen of South game and spoken to 4 other people who were at that game where Toddy played the full 90 would certainly put him in the frame for your comment.

So I could understand fully why Robbo chose White v the Arabs instead of Toddy.

1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

Let me assure you Robbo won't be in the running for hearts or any other SPL job why would he be he's done nothing here

Nothing except arrest the free fall we were in prior to his arrival. Nothing except coming within a minute and one goal of a play off place in his first season. Nothing except reaching the play off semi final last season. Nothing except challenging towards the top of the league and occupying a play off spot so far this season. All on a very small and ever diminishing budget in front of a small and ever diminishing home support.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

49 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Nothing except arrest the free fall we were in prior to his arrival. Nothing except coming within a minute and one goal of a play off place in his first season. Nothing except reaching the play off semi final last season. Nothing except challenging towards the top of the league and occupying a play off spot so far this season. All on a very small and ever diminishing budget in front of a small and ever diminishing home support.

Agree with all you say Kinsmills and the teams league position and points tally has actually improved at the same stage compared to  last seasons league campaign under Robbo.

14 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

What free fall we were in the relegation zone most of his 1st season every game with a bit of pressure on us i.e. Cup semi play offs we were soundly beaten! He's not spend whatever budget he's had wisely not 1 player we could sell on at a profit the football we play is brutal at times not help with the crowds ! Not once have we challenged for the league! A lot of our "fans" have zero expectations what's that all about I expected us to have been promoted by now and at the very least title challenges every season gotta think these fans just see ICT as a wee 2nd team they take an interest in behind there real team no doubts 1 half of the old firm

• Disagree 1
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

A lot of our "fans" have zero expectations what's that all about I expected us to have been promoted by now and at the very least title challenges every season gotta think these fans just see ICT as a wee 2nd team they take an interest in behind there real team no doubts 1 half of the old firm

That's so insulting to the vast majority of our fans. 

We have no right to be in the top league. We have to get there on merit, but realistically with our budget and fan base it will always be hard. 

We punched above our weight for many years, and we need good leadership from the Board, Management Team and senior players to get back to those heights. 

Not impossible but with our financial position, it is getting harder. 

A play off place is our best hope this season realistically. A cup run would be a bonus too. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Robert said:

That's so insulting to the vast majority of our fans. 

We have no right to be in the top league. We have to get there on merit, but realistically with our budget and fan base it will always be hard. 

We punched above our weight for many years, and we need good leadership from the Board, Management Team and senior players to get back to those heights. 

Not impossible but with our financial position, it is getting harder. 

A play off place is our best hope this season realistically. A cup run would be a bonus too. 

We were in the top league for years and wouldn't have went down with that squad not for the boards stubborness in sticking with a manager with no clue what he was doing but then again a lot of our "fans" on here hated Yogi remember! Far from impossible my man you'd think we were competing with PSG thexway some of the posters on here bleat on about things Livi done it on a far smaller budget by recruiting wisely! A play off spots the best well get now not what I'd be hoping for every season since we've been down I think we should've competed for the title but it's not happened why would that be an insult to any fan expecting to win a fairly poor league?

• Confused 1

I think it's an old firm attitude to think we should be up there challenging every year regardless of personnel.

It's a tough league and without real strength in key areas you don't stand much of a chance.

Livingston did it, but only through the playoffs and with a mean defence.

5 hours ago, Robert said:

You’ve missed my point completely, which was insinuating that our fans, and many posters on here by implication, only see ICT as their wee second team after one of the Old Firm. 

I stand by that I'm afraid my man most posters defo see Caley as there 2nd team u can tell the gash they write they don't really care look how grateful some of them are Robbos still here they're just happy clappers who go to the odd game not really caring who wins!!

• Disagree 3

4 hours ago, Satan said:

I think it's an old firm attitude to think we should be up there challenging every year regardless of personnel.

It's a tough league and without real strength in key areas you don't stand much of a chance.

Livingston did it, but only through the playoffs and with a mean defence.

My point my man key areas like personnel and organisation ain't the best under Robbo ! Not an old firm attitude at all we should be up there challenging wev a bigger budget than most in this league and had the parachute payments for 2 seasons!

52 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

I stand by that I'm afraid my man most posters defo see Caley as there 2nd team u can tell the gash they write they don't really care look how grateful some of them are Robbos still here they're just happy clappers who go to the odd game not really caring who wins!!

Thankfully I’m not your man!!!!

We see things differently, which is fine.

Even on days like today, Caley Thistle are my team, and today hurts. 

17 minutes ago, Robert said:

Thankfully I’m not your man!!!!

We see things differently, which is fine.

Even on days like today, Caley Thistle are my team, and today hurts. 

Haha could be in a prison situation! I like to get a bite now and then some of the happy clapper posts on here do my nut in tho are these people blind what matches are they actually watching! Same bud hate seeing Caley get dragged down like this!

I am not so shure about present day fans supporting ICT as their second team BUT I know a lot of people who have not renewed their season tickets or stopped attending who did have ICT as their "wee second team". To me that is a big reason for drops in attendance.

18 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

You may consider me a “happy clapper” but ICT are my first and only team, am a season ticket holder and go to the majority of away games.   I certainly don’t go to the odd game not caring who wins.  

1 minute ago, lizi said:

You may consider me a “happy clapper” but ICT are my first and only team, am a season ticket holder and go to the majority of away games.   I certainly don’t go to the odd game not caring who wins.  

Ps - yesterday was awful.   No segregation of fans and if game had played til midnight ICT didn’t look like scoring.