Who ate all the pies?

tm4tj

This is an area of concern for all Fruitbats........

Who ate all the pies?

At every single Caley game I see the same routine,
Not on the pitch nor the half-time draw, but it's such a woeful scene,
The masses queuing for their pies are often left bereft,
As the painful cries from the pie stand guys state "sorry, no pies left!"

A simple head count every week would seem the best solution,
To draw this daft scenario to a quite simple conclusion,
The total sum of customers who "missed out" so to speak,
Equates to the extra amount of pies you order for next week!

(c) Kenny Adie 2019.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1

Yeah, I tweeted about this. I with my 2 young daughters went to the ICT pie counter on the west side of the stadium, (the pies are better at the van at the corner which I usually go to but the coffee is rank) so it's a tradeoff I guess. I gave the ICT one a try for a change, what a mistake, joined que about 5 or so minutes before half time, not that long a que, took over 10 mins to get to the front.

Soft drink machine had broken or run out so were dispensing from large bottles, taking ages. My girls wanted sausage rolls- none left (unless you want vegan), OK they said they'd have steak pies instead, none left. So I asked the kid, what have you actually got? Mince pies, the last 2 mince pies to be exact so my kids got those and I got a lukewarm 'latte'. They had no other hot food left whatsoever, no overpriced burgers or hotdogs, no pies at all, nothing. There has to be 5 mins of half time to go and a huge que behind me. Lots of unhappy folk who've waited 10 to 15 minutes for nothing I'm sure a few choice words were had. Maybe they had more heating up I dunno but either way they had none at that point, it's ridiculous. 

I realise we share that stall with the away fans of which there are more than usual but c'mon it's absolutely pathetic and sums up our tinpot club that we can't even run a pie stall with a limited menu where you know exactly when the rush will come and have a good idea of the numbers you will get. It's sad and embarrassing enough that you have to wade through mud and puddles to get there. There are Highland Leauge clubs who have a better handle on their operation than we do. 

That said I wish I spent the entire 2nd half in the pie que. 

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Fraz said:

Yeah, I tweeted about this. I with my 2 young daughters went to the ICT pie counter on the west side of the stadium, (the pies are better at the van at the corner which I usually go to but the coffee is rank) so it's a tradeoff I guess. I gave the ICT one a try for a change, what a mistake, joined que about 5 or so minutes before half time, not that long a que, took over 10 mins to get to the front.

Soft drink machine had broken or run out so were dispensing from large bottles, taking ages. My girls wanted sausage rolls- none left (unless you want vegan), OK they said they'd have steak pies instead, none left. So I asked the kid, what have you actually got? Mince pies, the last 2 mince pies to be exact so my kids got those and I got a lukewarm 'latte'. They had no other hot food left whatsoever, no overpriced burgers or hotdogs, no pies at all, nothing. There has to be 5 mins of half time to go and a huge que behind me. Lots of unhappy folk who've waited 10 to 15 minutes for nothing I'm sure a few choice words were had. Maybe they had more heating up I dunno but either way they had none at that point, it's ridiculous. 

I realise we share that stall with the away fans of which there are more than usual but c'mon it's absolutely pathetic and sums up our tinpot club that we can't even run a pie stall with a limited menu where you know exactly when the rush will come and have a good idea of the numbers you will get. It's sad and embarrassing enough that you have to wade through mud and puddles to get there. There are Highland Leauge clubs who have a better handle on their operation than we do. 

That said I wish I spent the entire 2nd half in the pie que. 

What with this and a stadium bar which has security like Fort Knox anyone would think the club doesnt want our money? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Little Hitler Steward at Sports Bar stopped fans for entering after 2.30pm last Saturday.  Since when did this silly rule come in?    It was bad enough the game before that he insisted on checking bags etc.  Surely it’s enough to get checked by the stewards at the turnstile you are going through.   

16 minutes ago, lizi said:

Last orders in the stadium bar have been 1430 for some time so, even though I think that is still stupidly early, it makes sense not to let people in after you've stopped taking orders for drinks (and food).

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

Last orders in the stadium bar have been 1430 for some time so, even though I think that is still stupidly early, it makes sense not to let people in after you've stopped taking orders for drinks (and food).

It used to be everyone out by 2.50? The checking of handbags is quite frankly ridiculous! No other stadium bar does this. Its totally unfriendly now and I can see why very little people use it. 

1 minute ago, old caley girl said:

It used to be everyone out by 2.50? The checking of handbags is quite frankly ridiculous! No other stadium bar does this. Its totally unfriendly now and I can see why very little people use it. 

Do they provide baby chairs as bar stools?

• Funny 2

Checking of handbags? Why on earth would they waste time doing that?  Isn't that a severe  violation of privacy as well? Maybe if all the girls wore it upside down  on their head that rule might be changed.?

:mountie: This guy would not remove his gear for anyone. And if he brought his beautiful horse with him  he could always get him to kick in the door or summat?

3 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Checking of handbags? Why on earth would they waste time doing that?  Isn't that a severe  violation of privacy as well? Maybe if all the girls wore it upside down  on their head that rule might be changed.?

Have to make sure Granny isn't smuggling in any Pyro...

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Its a catch 22 regarding catering - if they run out of any item then its loosing revenue for the club, but equally make too much and its not sold its either waste or donated elsewhere (I hope) but still ultimately lost revenue. Obviously the catering contract is somewhat 'murky' anyway.

Bag searches aren't new, post Manchester every live event searches bags - whether it be concerts, football, rugby etc, plus if you consider the issues in Scottish football with pyro & missiles it can only be seen as a good thing? If anyone objects of feels violated to a bag search leave it at home and stuff the Werthers (and now pies) into your pockets ?

10 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Its a catch 22 regarding catering - if they run out of any item then its loosing revenue for the club, but equally make too much and its not sold its either waste or donated elsewhere (I hope) but still ultimately lost revenue. Obviously the catering contract is somewhat 'murky' anyway.

Bag searches aren't new, post Manchester every live event searches bags - whether it be concerts, football, rugby etc, plus if you consider the issues in Scottish football with pyro & missiles it can only be seen as a good thing? If anyone objects of feels violated to a bag search leave it at home and stuff the Werthers (and now pies) into your pockets ?

I travel to most away matches and can assure you we are the only club doing bar bag searches. Obviously having bag searches to enter the ground is different!!! 

As for the pies this seems a newish issue? Looks like its happening since Pauline left. 

40 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

As for the pies this seems a newish issue? Looks like its happening since Pauline left. 

I didn't realise that she had left. Who is running it now? In-house?

Not like you'd expect the club to let us now either way...

The total shambles of the catering situation for the north stand fans needs sorted out. Not only do you need to queue in puddles of water and mud, if you ever get to the front (provided you are willing to miss half the match) there is nothing left ! re-open the main stand doors to allow access for food and drink until it's sorted out.

• Agree 2

On Saturday there were four people serving in the West Terrace stall that covers both home and away fans. For about 15 minutes in the run up to kick off three of them were serving the United fans and only one was serving the home fans. I wasn't aware of the shortage of pies as I only had a rather tasteless white coffee. Nevertheless this set up gave the home fans had a lower chance of getting a pie. 

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

We- a collective group of six getting on a bit boozers- tried to use/support stadium bar all season  but have given up  following mental door policy and even if you get in -early bell preventing getting a pint after 2.35. Plenty others willing to hand over cash but turned away.

Also pure lies from stewards forcing early drinking up saying you must be in your seat before kick off due to H and S!!

So now our and plenty others cash goes to pubs in town centre and arrive at ground just before kick off.

Same story from many others- club turning away much needed cash.

Not moaning just telling it as it is

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

Would love to know who puts the pies on and when? Picked up my pie at half time. It looked tired, dehydrated and devoid of life (or warm grease) much like those who’d been out on Black Friday, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt and took a bite. I couldn’t even get the teeth (and they are my own)  through the base. I went back explaining the problem and another pie was produced. This one looking like it has been locked in a time capsule from last year. Totally dried out and the base was cremated. I handed it back and stuck to the tea. Was I just unlucky? 

3 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

At half time just as the whistle went I was 4th in the queue in the West stand servery and they had run out of macaroni pies and had to go hunting the away fans side to find a scotch pie.

Well Jaggie you watched a crap game and got no macaroni pie. Not such a good birthday!

• Agree 1