Scotty

Robert mentioned earlier that there had been a virus affecting the players this week.  I wonder if this had any effect on what sounds like a very poor 2nd half performance.  What we've seen this season is that any of the teams are quite capable of beating any other team on their day.  If a few of the players have been affected by a virus then that can make a huge difference.  Chance for a bit of a change to the team in the cup game against Clyde next week and then back to firing on all cylinders for the home game against Dundee and away at Alloa.  We are sill in a play off place and 6 points from those 2 games would make our position seem a whole lot healthier again come the end of the month.  Keep the faith!

• Agree 1

3-0 and could easily have been worse. We know where we can find decent part-time footballers with passion for next season. We were an absolute shambles. No-one in our team seemed to care much. Oh for a Gary Warren or Graeme Shinnie. Our players should hang their heads in shame. Our travelling fans who sang their hearts out should get their travel money back. 

5 minutes ago, cif73 said:

3-0 and could easily have been worse. We know where we can find decent part-time footballers with passion for next season. We were an absolute shambles. No-one in our team seemed to care much. Oh for a Gary Warren or Graeme Shinnie. Our players should hang their heads in shame. Our travelling fans who sang their hearts out should get their travel money back. 

Spot on : could add so much more but little point. So depressing how far we have fallen in such a short period.

Robby talked about part times in an interview saying that the players get two pay days when part time I wonder if he was hinting that was the way to go. Well my seat will be up for sale next season pay as you go will be my attitude

It's extremely rare that I'll leave a game before full time irrespective of the score but when Arbroath got their deserved 3rd goal I had no hesitation in walking out of the ground. A truly disgusting performance from ICT. All the plaudits go to Arbroath who were excellent - every loose ball they were first to it, any time we had the ball they shut us down and any real chances that were created in the game were from the team in maroon. ICT got what they deserved - absolutely nothing. That performance wasn't even worth booing at the end. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I’ve NEVER been so angry with an ICT team as I was today. First time I’ve been unable to muster any applause for them at FT. Pure pish.

Good and bad news here. Bad news is that I have never seen you post in such a manner. Good News is that you have just written a review that will be appreciated by Alan Simpson.

• Agree 1

An absolutely disgraceful performance from start to finish. Our second half capitulation was as bad as anything I can recall witnessing.  Embarrassing in the extreme. I'll be interested to here Robbo's spin on this one.

• Agree 1

Well, if Robbo goes, even to Hearts (which I doubt) , who would you suggest we put in his place?  I can hear your disappointment...I'm even a wee bittie depressed myself.

Maybe Robbo has just run out of ideas.... whatever the reason his slip is showing  (at least for the future) and perhaps a change IS required to get the team back on track. Was the "flu bug a causal factor in this defeat..?

Sigh.....

I really take notice when long standing and respected supporters like Yngie and Rig  are posting as they have today. Bad times indeed, and maybe worse to come. The top play off positions are now seriously in doubt, and the ever present threat of part time football for us is a real possibility.  Oh for the glory days of 2015.  They seem like an eternity ago now.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Would've said Yogi, bet then I remember he got Raith relegated...so he isn't the best candidate for the Championship. 

30 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Jack--not always a good idea to go …"back" , like.!!!

Steve Paterson - Left for Aberdeen FAILED

John Robertson - Left for Hearts FAILED

Craig Brewster - Left for Dundee Utd FAILED

Terry Butcher - Left for Hibs FAILED

John Hughes - Left himself. Joined Raith Rovers FAILED

Any manager that has left us has failed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@RiG leaving early was more  of a talking point on the way home than the actual game. Yngwie was restrained in not putting his hands together at the end. I must confess I was shouting abuse at them, for probably the second time in my life. I hope the virus was a big factor as it would explain the second half collapse, but to be honest we were second best in the first half too. The steak and block puddeen pies were good mind.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I agree with all the above posts. TODAY WAS AN EMBARRASSMENT for club and its supporters. Change is required and quickly, but where do we start?. Remember getting rid of manager's has cost us dearly in the past, and no doubt it will be the same in the future.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic