Scotty

Oh dear. Got the impression we were second best listening to Open All Mikes, but did not realise just how poor we were. 

Since the financial troubles and the EGM, our form has suffered, so it has clearly got through to the players and unsettled them. 

As I said in another thread, we need our leaders to step up, take responsibility and get things back on track. That is the Board, Manager and his team, and the senior players. 

The next three weeks could make or break our season. Yes, it is a small cup, but we must beat Clyde to stop the rot. We then need to get our league campaign back on track at home to Dundee and away to Alloa. As Doofer’s Dad has said, if we get the next few games right, we will be in a much better place.

Time for the guys to get a grip and show us what they can do!

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 2

47 minutes ago, cif73 said:

"Was that a bad day Caley? Or are they always that chronic?"

A quote from a fan of part-time Arbroath on the Pie & Bovril forum.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Bon Accord tested their keeper more than we did.

• Funny 5

2 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

I really take notice when long standing and respected supporters like Yngie and Rig  are posting as they have today. Bad times indeed, and maybe worse to come. The top play off positions are now seriously in doubt, and the ever present threat of part time football for us is a real possibility.  Oh for the glory days of 2015.  They seem like an eternity ago now.

As the song says "you don't know what you've lost till it's gone" Hope all the JH detractors and the RF agitators are enjoying their football. In case you think I am unconcerned at the club's present plight, I'm not but sometimes "people get what they deserve and deserve to get it good and hard". That's a quote from H L Mencken. As I said on the Robbo rumuor mill if the board had any ambition about getting out of this division Robbo would not be our manager. We are now a championship club with a championship support and finances and spending beyond our means as are a number of other clubs. That cannot continue.

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

It was a shambles today and no leadership from the sidelines at all.

Why Robbo didn't try Toddy and White together immediately after we lost the second goal is bafflling and play Curry wide to replace Storey who had another poor game.

But no he just replaced like for like after about ten minutes which is a  very slow reaction on his part .

Did he not have a clue what to do to change things?

However its  looking as if something has gone wrong since the Alloa  game where we had actually gone top of the league for  a short time until we conceded a late late goal.

How can a team that were minutes away from being top fall so badly,

Last four league games 1 win 3 lost since then.

Could it be something as drastic as Robbo has lost the dressing room ?

It appears he has lost the fans support and when that happens his days will be numbered.

For anyone not at the game today , make no mistake Arbroath hammered us today and deserved their 3 goal victory.

This was so much worse than last week.

It needs sorted asap as the fans deserve better than this shambles.

Edited by Gregor

Journalist Will Clark said this on Twitter

Genuine anger from @ictfc players and management at press conference after 3-0 defeat at @ArbroathFC Admitted they were second best on the park today. Spoke to Coll Donaldson who said no point saying they have the quality to turn it around. They have to get the results on pitch.......

2 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Journalist Will Clark said this on Twitter

Genuine anger from @ictfc players and management at press conference after 3-0 defeat at @ArbroathFC Admitted they were second best on the park today. Spoke to Coll Donaldson who said no point saying they have the quality to turn it around. They have to get the results on pitch.......

:slapme::ponder:  Heard it all before Coll...  

Home form takes a huge dip in form as per previous seasons, Alarm bells were ringing after the Partick game where we literally lay on our back with legs in the air! 

Looking like a team low on moral and confidence, Management team now have a huge job to turn this round starting on the potential banana skin of Clyde on Saturday.

They really need their Mojo back.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, wynthank15 said:

As the song says "you don't know what you've lost till it's gone" Hope all the JH detractors and the RF agitators are enjoying their football. In case you think I am unconcerned at the club's present plight, I'm not but sometimes "people get what they deserve and deserve to get it good and hard". That's a quote from H L Mencken. As I said on the Robbo rumuor mill if the board had any ambition about getting out of this division Robbo would not be our manager. We are now a championship club with a championship support and finances and spending beyond our means as are a number of other clubs. That cannot continue.

Good grief. 

JH manufactured his own departure. ?

Are you seriously suggesting we should have kept RF? ?

Delete this abomination of a post. 

I don't make away games anymore so I didn't suffer yesterday however what struck me again DU was that it was a prime occasion to get a win against a main opponent who were struggling themselves and probably the closest thing we will have to a 'derby' type game this season.

Yet we looked leaderless on the pitch and often like we were going through the motions. Little drive and determination and bereft of much creativity. If we can't lift ourselves a bit at home for a game like that then we've got no business even taking about promotion (yes I realise that the home crowd can be pretty flat too). It's easy to point at the manager but the players have to take a big chunk of the responsibility too need to show that they can face the challenge. 

I think most fans can see when their team has done their best and lost to a better team and accept that, but I don't believe that this is the case at the moment. 

• Agree 2

Whether you're a Robbo lover or hater or something in between and regardless of what you think of any of the players; we need to find a way to make it work because we can't afford to replace any of them.  All the stamping of feet, angry words, threats and whatever else won't change that fact.  I'm not saying people can't be angry/upset...there's every justification for it...just need to realise it won't change things.

• Agree 5

I would love to know Barry Wilson's thought's on recent form he had plenty to say when he was a radio pundit but now he is part of the "coaching " team and has to take part responsibility for the shambles We can all shout & scream Robbo out but be careful what you wish for as we would only end up left with the other 2 so nothing would change Personally i think the dressing room is lost and players so low on confidence it is very worrying times. It will be a very poor crowd next Saturday it is a must win for ICT

• Agree 1

In Robbos first season we lost away to Dumbarton after leading one nil with a whimper. The fans turned on the team a bit. However the players slowly turned it around and won back the respect of the punters. Yesterday had that horrible feeling again. The attitude of some of the players was pretty disgraceful. The style of football was terrible. 

I went into the game expecting a tough game and wouldn't have been surprised to lose against an in-form arbroath side but we had players hiding and shirking responsibility from the first whistle. Yet again (same as the previous few weeks), Rigders rolls it to Coll, nobody moves or shows an intent to receive the ball. Coll smashes it forward. Defence deal with it comfortably. Is this a tactic employed by Robbo, or just players not having the balls to make a run, angle, or take the ball. The middle of the park was weak and invisible yesterday. Only players who I would give any credit would be Ridgers or Walsh, maybe McCart. There is no leaders, no fight, no toughness.

Like has been said, there isn't a heap of players to replace our current 11. They need to take some responsibility and have some pride for themselves and the club and pull us out of this mess. This result has been coming and hopefully it makes these players realise they are nothing special and have to dig, fight and battle for every ball. Press, niggle and stick the foot in now and again. They need to move for each other, create space, have faith in each other.

I'll be there on Saturday, I would rather see Harper, Machado, McGregor on the park giving 100% than the likes of storey, Keatings or trafford going through the motions. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

On 9 November 2019 at 7:05 PM, jagster said:

We are now closer to Partick at the bottom than Utd at the top ?

Not unusual in a competitive league of 10 to be close to the top but nearer to the bottom side points wise. Loss of form for few weeks can have a massive impact on your league position. We're lucky it's happening to us now and not in March/April. We have time to sort it out, I sincerely hope the players and coaching staff appreciate that and turn things around before it gets any worse. We're not in a position to spend our way out of trouble in January so we have to trust the present personnel can do it - on paper it's a decent squad so they should be quite capable.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Gregor said:

It was a shambles today and no leadership from the sidelines at all.

Why Robbo didn't try Toddy and White together immediately after we lost the second goal is bafflling and play Curry wide to replace Storey who had another poor game.

But no he just replaced like for like after about ten minutes which is a  very slow reaction on his part .

Did he not have a clue what to do to change things?

However its  looking as if something has gone wrong since the Alloa  game where we had actually gone top of the league for  a short time until we conceded a late late goal.

How can a team that were minutes away from being top fall so badly,

Last four league games 1 win 3 lost since then.

Could it be something as drastic as Robbo has lost the dressing room ?

It appears he has lost the fans support and when that happens his days will be numbered.

For anyone not at the game today , make no mistake Arbroath hammered us today and deserved their 3 goal victory.

This was so much worse than last week.

It needs sorted asap as the fans deserve better than this shambles.

Something does seem to have happened, because we were looking pretty strong in October, even after that late goal against Alloa, and the loss to Greenock we came back to win at QotS. Maybe the outgoings at board level and the EGM have had an unsettling effect, perhaps there is more going on behind the scenes financially, perhaps Robbo is struggling for reasons we can't fathom..... hopefully its a bit of a blip that just happens, but which needs work, character and a bit of luck to overcome. We all felt pretty chipper after that win away to Ayr...hoping to get that feeling back soon

• Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic