Scotty

Not anything to laugh at now I am afraid.

Robbo looks lost and doesn't seem to know where to turn. Notice that his criticism of players, either in general or individually,   is not strong. And he seems to be unable to decide what to do to get the players to respond and share in his near-depression. In short, does he feel now that the players are not strong enough to "take-it" or not talented and/ or  MOTIVATED enough to change?

If so, then player morale is very low and individually the general attitude may not change until the manager either  gives them a strong lecture or tells them that in general their own jobs may well be in jeopardy if they do not keep on trying.

6 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

...If so, then player morale is very low and individually the general attitude may not change until the manager either  gives them a strong lecture or tells them that in general their own jobs may well be in jeopardy if they do not keep on trying.

So he needs to give them a pep talk / bollocking cos their jobs are on the line...in italics.

Dont think its lack of effort, would probably say its lack of direction from the management thats the problem, we went two down on Saturday and yet it took some time for changes to be made. when it was made it was the lone striker this time Toddy who was replaced by White when imo he should have put white alongside toddy as both of these guys are jpoint top scorers so far this season , we needed two goals to get a draw however like for like change.

Cast your mind back to queen of south away last season when we came back form 3 goals down to snatch a draw, in that game he changed the formation after losing goals to play with 2 strikers and yet in his post match comment he said he didnt have a clue who we got back into the game.

I thought at the time surely he is kidding but maybe he was telling the truth because why take your joint top scorer off and replace him with Mitch Curry who is more of a winger than striker and keep thetwo guys in the middle who have scored most this season and surely have at least a better chance of scoring.

If a manager has a plan B then he can use it immeadiately not hesitate and waste more minutes discussing what to do when going two down.

Mentally soft, limited on-field leadership and lack of adaptability.

The style of play is too one dimensional and predictable - but perhaps that's down to the limitations of the players rather than the manager.

Right now we are shipping too many goals so need to find a solution in central midfield that offers some protection to the CB's as right now we don't seem to have a midfielder who can win a ball in a tackle!!!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Satan said:

So he needs to give them a pep talk / bollocking cos their jobs are on the line...in italics.

I wonder if they've been told by the new management that there has to be a big clearout for the club to survive.  See if anyone can be sold in January, then see who they can ship in the summer (assuming that they are not promoted). Part-time next season if not promoted.  (What would happen then to ongoing contracts?)

Might explain a sudden loss in form and Robbo appearing lost.

6 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Mentally soft, limited on-field leadership and lack of adaptability.

The style of play is too one dimensional and predictable - but perhaps that's down to the limitations of the players rather than the manager.

Right now we are shipping too many goals so need to find a solution in central midfield that offers some protection to the CB's as right now we don't seem to have a midfielder who can win a ball in a tackle!!!

Spot on ! there is nobody in midfield capable of getting the ball forward is it coincidence we are on a poor run once we lost Welsh ? Imo he is the only midfielder who plays the ball forward 

I agree and have thought that recently myself. Miles is a bit of a mystery to me he used to be a bloody good footballer. Isuspect anyone left out of the starting line up here at the moment would certainly question their ability.  He's quick and a coupe of goals up front and who knows?

1 hour ago, Ronnie Archer said:

I agree and have thought that recently myself. Miles is a bit of a mystery to me he used to be a bloody good footballer. Isuspect anyone left out of the starting line up here at the moment would certainly question their ability.  He's quick and a coupe of goals up front and who knows?

Was after he bottled a one yard sitter.

That's when he stopped being a class player ?

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

Was after he bottled a one yard sitter.

That's when he stopped being a class player ?

Frankly I think we saw the best of Storey when he was with us last time.  He certainly didn't set the heather alight with Aberdeen or Partick.  I was surprised we took him back.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Frankly I think we saw the best of Storey when he was with us last time.  He certainly didn't set the heather alight with Aberdeen or Partick.  I was surprised we took him back.

I don't think so play him in his proper position you'll see him come alive ! Gotta try something different White misses far to many chances

I've not seen anything from Storey that suggests he has any attributes other than pace, he constantly miscontrols the ball or just kicks it too far ahead of himself. He has had plenty opportunities to score as well - as have most of our forwards.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Two 3--0s in succession, and we are discussing the shortcomings of our strikers :rotflmao:

Fair point! 

10 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Gotta try something different White misses far to many chances

...and Alan is probably quite right too. I'm a great believer in 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' but something obviously is broken so something different does need to be tried.

3 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Yes ma man you obv are down wiv the kids on da street. Get Storey in the centre line and White on the bench, and Robbo neds pensioned off brother, he's well past it.

Haha Robbo and White need to leave the building pronto! Might as well try Storey up top not like it's changing a winning formula eh

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic