Clyde - Home Team line-up

WYNESS101

A break from league action coming up this weekend as we play Clyde in the Tunnocks caramel wafer cup.

My Team....

Ridgers

Mckay Donaldson McCart McHattie

Carson Vincent

Walsh Keatings Doran

Toddy

We need to try and play a strong team against them. Yes it's a diddy cup but we need to get a good result this weekend get some confidence back in the squad as we welcome Dundee the following weekend

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Gregor said:

Think we should try either 352 or 442 as the 4231 isnt working at the minute.

Can we really play a 352?

3 = Mckay Donaldson McCart

Last time we did that did we play with Rooney and McHattie as wing backs

I’d give the youngsters a chance if fit, and see if Storey does better playing as a striker than he has since he rejoined us:

Mackay

Mckay Donaldson McHattie Harper

Trafford Vincent

Walsh MacGregor Machado

Storey

He is a left back, but has played as the left centre back in the cup. I think he could do a turn in the Welsh role to protect the defence but never seen him play in midfield. 

When Tremarco has stood in at right back, it has hampered his attacking play as he always cuts in to use his left foot. 

Carson has stood in at right back so may be an option, but I suspect Mckay will get the nod. 

Edited by Robert

Sickness bug has still been affecting players and management this week! Robbo and Kellacher likely to miss out Barry Wilson has been taking training. Keatings and one other first team player didn't train yesterday. No mention on how fit others are. 

2 hours ago, IBM said:

I hope if White is playing he has seen the video in the preview of Hislop scoring the winning goal.  How to jump up and head the ball :wink:

Funny you say that because Im sure half of Whites goals that he has scored for us has been headers ?

Inverness Caledonian Thistle could be struggling for a management team for Saturday's Challenge Cup quarter-final against Clyde, with manager John Robertson and first-team coach Barry Wilson struck with a virus after assistant manager Scott Kellacher was sent to hospital with suspected meningitis. (Daily Mail, print edition)

From bbc gossip 

It sounds as though some of the management team have been really very poorly indeed, Scott and Robbo in particular.  The sickness bug has affected several of the players, so lets hope nobody else catches it now and wish everyone a speedy recovery.

Credit to the club for not blaming the illness for a poor performance last week, but in reality it must have been a significant factor.  It takes a good few days to get back to your full physical fitness and stamina after these things.  In the circumstances I think any sort of a win against Clyde will be a good result.  No doubt there will be some changes to the side both related to illness and, probably more significantly, due to the policy of giving fringe players a starting opportunity in this competition.  

Hopefully today will see a return to better health and better form.  Good luck, lads.

• Agree 2

Statement just released by club:

As has been publicised this week, a number of staff and players at the club have been hit by the two extremely virulent viruses currently circulating in the Inverness area. 

Unfortunately Manager John Robertson and his Assistant Manager Scott Kellacher remain confined to their beds and while Barry Wilson has thankfully passed a late fitness test this morning, he and Ryan Esson will be joined in the dugout today by ICTFC Academy Director Charlie Christie.