New directors & AGM

tm4tj

• tm4tj pinned and featured this topic

"Both men have previously served as directors of the club and are the first of the new board appointees to the club since the club's EGM in October last month." 

Just like robbo appointment we seem to go back instead of going forward. Then again maybe no one new stepped forward?

Edited by WYNESS101

11 minutes ago, WYNESS101 said:

Just like robbo appointment we seem to go back instead of going forward. Then again maybe no one new stepped forward?

You don't always need something or someone new .... sometimes you just need to appreciate and make best use of whats already available to you.

My understanding is that both of these guys have been around in the background for quite a long time and have already made contributions to the club. The difference being that they didn't feel the need to shout it from the rooftops Our current chairman was a fan long before he was a board member and that gives me faith that the current and any forthcoming appointments are more to do with benefitting the club than anything else ... I could not say I had the same confidence in his predecessor.    

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

I know very little about these 2 returning directors and so can't comment specifically about what they may bring to the table.  But just as a general point, I don't see this as a step backwards either.  I don't know what their reasons for having stepped down previously but they may have been due to clashes with Board members at the time or they may have been personal.  The thing is that they now feel willing and able to serve on the Board again and have the distinct advantage of knowing what they are coming into.  No doubt we'll hear more in due course, but on the face of it it seems like a very welcome development to me.

• Agree 3

Both men are true supporters with the best interest of the club at heart rather than their own egos and both had legitimate reasons for leaving before that no longer prevail. 

My only criticism is that they are both men. Like most other clubs in Scotland, our gender balance at board level is appalling. We need very much to engage with the community but we still continue, very largely, to neglect half of that community.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Finally, some welcome good news.

In David and Allan we have two guys who's primary concern is (and always has been) the club....and their past involvement and contributions support that to the hilt.

I imagine the first priority will be to bring back the financial stability that existed prior to their (and others) departure....and then go from there.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Both men are true supporters with the best interest of the club at heart rather than their own egos and both had legitimate reasons for leaving before that no longer prevail. 

My only criticism is that they are both men. Like most other clubs in Scotland, our gender balance at board level is appalling. We need very much to engage with the community but we still continue, very largely, to neglect half of that community.

What are you wittering about, surely it's about the best people male or female for the position. You could argue that the team gender balance is appalling too, fact is we need 11 guys on the park. I'm sure if there were ladies out there with cash and football experience we would welcome them in a heartbeat.

• Agree 2

I don’t know the individuals, only that one recently acquired Fairways and has other local interests, but it is good to see local businessmen getting involved and showing confidence. 

Hopefully we get stability off the park, as we need it given performances have suffered during the recent weeks of off pitch turmoil. 

What we now need is a strong positive statement from the Board updating us on the financial position and future plans which can then steady the ship on and off the pitch. 

It's a move in the right direction, Especially when there seems to be little other meaningful advice from our fan base.That should sum it up.

And therefore these two gentlemen should be given the courtesy of heartfelt appreciation and best wishes and support for the future.

As for Mr. Robertson, some hefty encouragement is now in order! He has a contract and the terms must be met on both sides . Currently, continual  support seems to be favoured over dismissal for obvious reasons. Even with the best support, the best team sometimes stumbles unexpectedly. Encouragement is necessary now to improve the atmosphere in the dressing room and negative criticism must be measured and done privately, neither in front of the other team members  nor in public.

It's easy to blame the manager but.....time will tell.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

It's a move in the right direction, Especially when there seems to be little other meaningful advice from our fan base.That should sum it up.

And therefore these two gentlemen should be given the courtesy of heartfelt appreciation and best wishes and support for the future.

As for Mr. Robertson, some hefty encouragement is now in order! He has a contract and the terms must be met on both sides . Currently, continual  support seems to be favoured over dismissal for obvious reasons. Even with the best support, the best team sometimes stumbles unexpectedly. Encouragement is necessary now to improve the atmosphere in the dressing room and negative criticism must be measured and done privately, neither in front of the other team members  nor in public.

It's easy to blame the manager but.....time will tell.

Terms don't need to be met on both sides Robbos not upholding his end of the deal which must surely have been success on the pitch only so much goodwill I can show I don't perform at work I'll soon be bagged! 

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

maybe not Tulloch but certainly a Sutherland connection.

If it helps ICT, surely if cash, which is sorely needed, is forthcoming, then Thank You, and Welcome.   Incidentally, where oh where, and When (even more important) is/are the Stadium naming sponsors?   That’s taking longer than Brexit. 

6 hours ago, caleyboy said:

I think this just goes to show that there doesn't seem to be any new blood interested. 

not necessarily ... for anyone "new" it may take more conversations/meetings/talks to make sure the interest is genuine and for the benefit of the club .... both sides need to do their due diligence and be sure its a good fit. Thats a lot more challenging than simply re-engaging with people who have previously been involved. Our current chairman is not only a club official, but was also a bonafide season ticket holding fan before that .... I have faith he is working hard behind the scenes to make sure any money and/or people coming in are coming in for the right reasons.  

• Agree 1

I played football with Allan in the late 60s early 70s fast centre forward in those days he was known as postie. He has worked hard for what he has got and i am sure he will a 

Be a good addition to Caley with his drive and ambition 

• tm4tj unpinned this topic