New directors & AGM

tm4tj

What saddens me is that it seems impossible for people to work together for the betterment of the club be they Orion, Tulloch, Muirfield Mills or whomever. We always seem to end up with competing factions. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

39 minutes ago, Fraz said:

What saddens me is that it seems impossible for people to work together for the betterment of the club be they Orion, Tulloch, Muirfield Mills or whomever. We always seem to end up with competing factions. 

Agreed. We are not short of talented individuals with a bit of money who have an interest in the club.

If only they could put aside their personal differences and individual egos we could potentially be in a very good place indeed.

• Agree 4

My perception of the different personalities is not that they wish to compete, but that they have different ideas on the day to day running and/or historical disagreements....with the exception of Muirfield Mills who were just an utter basketcase which was always destined to fail miserably!

I'm of the opinion that a high level board of investors/directors (charged with securing capital investment and setting the budget) which had a management board/committee sitting below it to take responsibility for operational activities might just be able to pull everyone together.  The Management Group would be headed by an Executive Director (the link between boards) and made up of representatives from each club dept (Football, Commercial, Marcoms, Community*, Youth, Fans) plus a General Manager.

*Although this now seems a totally separate organisation, it needs to tie into the club very closely.

4 hours ago, Fraz said:

Think it's an ego, control and self interest thing if I'm reading it right

3 hours ago, CaleyD said:

My perception of the different personalities is not that they wish to compete, but that they have different ideas on the day to day running and/or historical disagreements....with the exception of Muirfield Mills who were just an utter basketcase which was always destined to fail miserably!

I'm of the opinion that a high level board of investors/directors (charged with securing capital investment and setting the budget) which had a management board/committee sitting below it to take responsibility for operational activities might just be able to pull everyone together.  The Management Group would be headed by an Executive Director (the link between boards) and made up of representatives from each club dept (Football, Commercial, Marcoms, Community*, Youth, Fans) plus a General Manager.

*Although this now seems a totally separate organisation, it needs to tie into the club very closely.

Totally agree Caley D. This was talked about many years ago but one man clobbered it.

On 11/14/2019 at 12:33 PM, caleyboy said:

maybe not Tulloch but certainly a Sutherland connection.

And what firm do you suspect will win the Building contract ? Golf course no more.

On 11/14/2019 at 8:22 PM, caley100 said:

Wee bit surprised we didn't get anyone from weldex/Orion getting in?  

Well that aint going to happen now

On 11/15/2019 at 10:35 AM, CaleyD said:

Good business case / sense BUT are the finances available to sustain such an organization ?

6 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Good business case / sense BUT are the finances available to sustain such an organization ?

Would likely cost less than the current setup.  The Board of Directors aren't paid and the Management Board is made up of existing staff.  The Executive Director role is part-time (at most) and a General Manager costs a lot less than a CEO.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Yngwie said:

the monthly average number of employees has risen from 102 to 133, what’s going on there?

Cant be more staff in the catering department so must be more over eager security!!

In all seriousness though a valid question as those services I just listed should be 3rd party contract so never included in headcount, so other than playing staff, coaching & backroom team, support services and the board where as the extra 31 people come in?

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

It appears that matchday catering (serveries) has been brought in-house, so that could easily account for the majority of the increased staff level.

If that's the case, then what was the tendering process last year and contract award for? Usually with these types of deals an organisation pays £X pa to rent the space and run the services (this case provide the catering) with perhaps an additional % of profits returned - if ICTFC are providing the staffing then it could be a clear winner for the catering providers as they have very little overheads from their sales.

Every time catering gets mentioned this deal just seems more questionable.

Jist of the back page of the Courier and the apparent investment raising; Stadium to a 10k Concert Capacity (pretty sure it already was, considering Elton John and Rod Stewart have both held +10k concerts), Sports bar becoming a Cafe for 6 days/week with match days being the obvious exception, and a club shop returning to the town centre.

20191129_133010.jpg

5 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

If that's the case, then what was the tendering process last year and contract award for? Usually with these types of deals an organisation pays £X pa to rent the space and run the services (this case provide the catering) with perhaps an additional % of profits returned - if ICTFC are providing the staffing then it could be a clear winner for the catering providers as they have very little overheads from their sales.

Every time catering gets mentioned this deal just seems more questionable.

Without checking back, was that tendering process perhaps for the corporate hospitality?  As the previous CEO had been lining her own pockets on that one, then with her departure a new provider would have been needed.

On 11/29/2019 at 1:32 PM, Jack Waddington said:

Jist of the back page of the Courier and the apparent investment raising; Stadium to a 10k Concert Capacity (pretty sure it already was, considering Elton John and Rod Stewart have both held +10k concerts), Sports bar becoming a Cafe for 6 days/week with match days being the obvious exception, and a club shop returning to the town centre.

The stadium hosted over 19,000 for Elton John and 17,000 for Rod Stewart.

It was suggested at the EGM that they may put the stage in the car park*, which might explain them only looking to host 10,000.

Westlife drew a crowd of 12,000 (from memory) when they played Cawdor Castle 10 years ago, so 10,000 may be ample to meet demand...especially as they play Falkirk the night before and that will (unfortunately) take a sizeable bite out of the "rest of Scotland" crowd that might have made the trip to Inverness.

*This was ruled out as an option previously due to the drainage issues in the carparks.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/1917626/caley-thistle-chief-executive-scot-gardiner-confident-championship-club-can-tackle-892000-loss/

Just had a read of this. But if we were to end up going bust...what would happen? Demoted to League Two (or even the Highland League) or forced to start from scratch like Gretna? Hate to even think of what it'd be like without ICT, but seeing losses like that, it really makes you start to...

Bear in mind that the figures presented at the AGM on Thursday are for the financial year which ended on 31st May and therefore they relate to the activity last season and not this.  It is true that the operating loss last year was similar to the previous year but it is important to note that the concerns raised by the Auditors in the report for the previous year about the club operating as a going concern have been been removed this year.  And since the end of the last financial year the club has been making some progress on identifying additional sources of income whilst containing costs.  That indicates a significant improvement from where we were a couple of years ago.

I'm afraid financial balance sheets make little sense to me, but there were a number of former club directors there on Thursday and others with experience of these things and nobody raised any concerns or felt the need too ask questions about the current financial situation.  It seems to me therefore, that there is a general consensus that whilst our financial situation remains difficult, we are moving in the right direction.  

When he spoke, CEO Scot Gardiner was at pains to point out that the single thing that would make the biggest improvement to our finances would be a return to the Premiership and there is a focus to achieve that. However, I get the sense that whilst that might be true, there is also a pragmatism in place to ensure that we remain financially viable should we fail to regain our Premiership status.

• Agree 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic