Sign in to follow this  
tm4tj

New directors & AGM

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, caley100 said:

Wee bit surprised we didn't get anyone from weldex/Orion getting in?  

maybe a wee bit too early to say.................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What saddens me is that it seems impossible for people to work together for the betterment of the club be they Orion, Tulloch, Muirfield Mills or whomever. We always seem to end up with competing factions. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fraz said:

What saddens me is that it seems impossible for people to work together for the betterment of the club be they Orion, Tulloch, Muirfield Mills or whomever. We always seem to end up with competing factions. 

Rich mans toy to fight over sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Fraz said:

What saddens me is that it seems impossible for people to work together for the betterment of the club be they Orion, Tulloch, Muirfield Mills or whomever. We always seem to end up with competing factions. 

Agreed. We are not short of talented individuals with a bit of money who have an interest in the club.

If only they could put aside their personal differences and individual egos we could potentially be in a very good place indeed.

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My perception of the different personalities is not that they wish to compete, but that they have different ideas on the day to day running and/or historical disagreements....with the exception of Muirfield Mills who were just an utter basketcase which was always destined to fail miserably!

I'm of the opinion that a high level board of investors/directors (charged with securing capital investment and setting the budget) which had a management board/committee sitting below it to take responsibility for operational activities might just be able to pull everyone together.  The Management Group would be headed by an Executive Director (the link between boards) and made up of representatives from each club dept (Football, Commercial, Marcoms, Community*, Youth, Fans) plus a General Manager.

 

 

*Although this now seems a totally separate organisation, it needs to tie into the club very closely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fraz said:

What saddens me is that it seems impossible for people to work together for the betterment of the club be they Orion, Tulloch, Muirfield Mills or whomever. We always seem to end up with competing factions. 

Think it's an ego, control and self interest thing if I'm reading it right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CaleyD said:

My perception of the different personalities is not that they wish to compete, but that they have different ideas on the day to day running and/or historical disagreements....with the exception of Muirfield Mills who were just an utter basketcase which was always destined to fail miserably!

I'm of the opinion that a high level board of investors/directors (charged with securing capital investment and setting the budget) which had a management board/committee sitting below it to take responsibility for operational activities might just be able to pull everyone together.  The Management Group would be headed by an Executive Director (the link between boards) and made up of representatives from each club dept (Football, Commercial, Marcoms, Community*, Youth, Fans) plus a General Manager.

 

 

*Although this now seems a totally separate organisation, it needs to tie into the club very closely.

Totally agree Caley D. This was talked about many years ago but one man clobbered it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 12:33 PM, caleyboy said:

maybe not Tulloch but certainly a Sutherland connection.

And what firm do you suspect will win the Building contract ? Golf course no more.

On 11/14/2019 at 8:22 PM, caley100 said:

Wee bit surprised we didn't get anyone from weldex/Orion getting in?  

Well that aint going to happen now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 10:35 AM, CaleyD said:

My perception of the different personalities is not that they wish to compete, but that they have different ideas on the day to day running and/or historical disagreements....with the exception of Muirfield Mills who were just an utter basketcase which was always destined to fail miserably!

I'm of the opinion that a high level board of investors/directors (charged with securing capital investment and setting the budget) which had a management board/committee sitting below it to take responsibility for operational activities might just be able to pull everyone together.  The Management Group would be headed by an Executive Director (the link between boards) and made up of representatives from each club dept (Football, Commercial, Marcoms, Community*, Youth, Fans) plus a General Manager.

 

 

*Although this now seems a totally separate organisation, it needs to tie into the club very closely.

Good business case / sense BUT are the finances available to sustain such an organization ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Good business case / sense BUT are the finances available to sustain such an organization ?

Would likely cost less than the current setup.  The Board of Directors aren't paid and the Management Board is made up of existing staff.  The Executive Director role is part-time (at most) and a General Manager costs a lot less than a CEO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grassa looking very cosy with the CEO in the Boardroom and Directors Seats yesterday.  Wonder if his appointment will be announced this week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A loss if that level should come as no surprise to anyone, but what did surprise me was seeing in the accounts that the monthly average number of employees has risen from 102 to 133, what’s going on there?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Yngwie said:

the monthly average number of employees has risen from 102 to 133, what’s going on there?

Cant be more staff in the catering department so must be more over eager security!!

In all seriousness though a valid question as those services I just listed should be 3rd party contract so never included in headcount, so other than playing staff, coaching & backroom team, support services and the board where as the extra 31 people come in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It appears that matchday catering (serveries) has been brought in-house, so that could easily account for the majority of the increased staff level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

It appears that matchday catering (serveries) has been brought in-house, so that could easily account for the majority of the increased staff level.

If that's the case, then what was the tendering process last year and contract award for? Usually with these types of deals an organisation pays £X pa to rent the space and run the services (this case provide the catering) with perhaps an additional % of profits returned - if ICTFC are providing the staffing then it could be a clear winner for the catering providers as they have very little overheads from their sales.

Every time catering gets mentioned this deal just seems more questionable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jist of the back page of the Courier and the apparent investment raising; Stadium to a 10k Concert Capacity (pretty sure it already was, considering Elton John and Rod Stewart have both held +10k concerts), Sports bar becoming a Cafe for 6 days/week with match days being the obvious exception, and a club shop returning to the town centre.

20191129_133010.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

If that's the case, then what was the tendering process last year and contract award for? Usually with these types of deals an organisation pays £X pa to rent the space and run the services (this case provide the catering) with perhaps an additional % of profits returned - if ICTFC are providing the staffing then it could be a clear winner for the catering providers as they have very little overheads from their sales.

Every time catering gets mentioned this deal just seems more questionable.

Without checking back, was that tendering process perhaps for the corporate hospitality?  As the previous CEO had been lining her own pockets on that one, then with her departure a new provider would have been needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could we afford to run two shops? Or would the one at stadium be closed and only open match days. Maybe someone in the stadium could sale stuff out of the shop if we get tourists in over the summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2019 at 1:32 PM, Jack Waddington said:

Jist of the back page of the Courier and the apparent investment raising; Stadium to a 10k Concert Capacity (pretty sure it already was, considering Elton John and Rod Stewart have both held +10k concerts), Sports bar becoming a Cafe for 6 days/week with match days being the obvious exception, and a club shop returning to the town centre.

 

The stadium hosted over 19,000 for Elton John and 17,000 for Rod Stewart.

It was suggested at the EGM that they may put the stage in the car park*, which might explain them only looking to host 10,000.

Westlife drew a crowd of 12,000 (from memory) when they played Cawdor Castle 10 years ago, so 10,000 may be ample to meet demand...especially as they play Falkirk the night before and that will (unfortunately) take a sizeable bite out of the "rest of Scotland" crowd that might have made the trip to Inverness.

 

*This was ruled out as an option previously due to the drainage issues in the carparks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • FB_caley_thisle_online_970x90.jpg

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.