ICT v ??(Clyde)

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

That was an uninspiring afternoon. We played a strong team, although it is not clear which of them may have had the bug during the week. 

We were on top for most of the first half but had little to show for it. 

Clyde were the more dangerous team in the second and seemed first to all the loose balls. Goodwillie was not playing, which is probably just as well for us. Ridgers had one really good save but I’m struggling to recall us really troubling their goalie. 

We had plenty effort but little quality. I felt White had a pretty good game, with the ball tending to stick this week, but there was little support. Curry had a few attempts, but others seemed to hold back rather than shooting, particularly Storey. His pace troubled Clyde but we need a better end product. 

We need to get a grip or we will continue to slip down the league. Teams seem to have worked us out. They are stopping us building from the back, forcing us to kick long, but we are not getting the second balls so everything breaks down. 

Positives were the well taken penalties, keeping a clean sheet and Ridgers save. 

I’m glad I was not picking the Man if the Match. I’d probably have gone with Ridgers. 

Any word on Welsh and Rooney?

Despite being there early, I was not offered a Caramel Wafer on my way in, but the guy next to me was offered one at the turnstile. One would have eased the 90 minutes slightly!!

Edited by Robert

• tm4tj pinned this topic

Clyde seemed to have little interest in trying to win that game despite the fact we looked pretty ropy at the back any time they did attack. Appreciate they had a less than full strength team out today but if they had actually made a go of it and avoided the Hamilton - esque shithousery they could be heading into the next round and not us.

Save for a 10 or 15 minute period in the first half our attacking play was quite poor. Mostly long balls up to White or asking Storey to try and get a cross in from the wing again and again with little success. Some good saves from Ridgers who was probably worked harder than the Clyde keeper in the second half when we didn't really create many clear cut chances to speak of.

Good penalties from us in the shoot out and to strong saves by Ridgers won it for us.

Slightly better than Arbroath but we still need a big improvement for the Dundee fixture next weekend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Quite simply we have got to get our act together 

That sums it up nicely. 

As an aside, good that the club is playing the song that was discussed on a post on here recently. Just need the team to get motivated by it too. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Thank fook I decided to go xmas shopping

Well that is an illusion shattered!

I thought you were our no 1 fan, there through thick and thin (like me), hence your criticism of our “fans”. 

Bait??

Lol!!

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

3 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Do they play it every time we score ?

Are you telepathic as well as clairvoyant? 

The reason I say that is that I was just wondering what's the longest period of time we've gone without scoring.  (Sudden death penalties don't count.)  Just over three games now.

1 hour ago, Polo Chick said:

So what was Mr's Kettlewell & Ferguson doing there yesterday ? Who are they watching ? it certainly wasnt the quality football on display to avoid shopping with their other half's  

Probably thought they were at the pantomime, because that just about sums the game up

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

Ridgers was mom for me which is really concerning. McCart is a shadow of the player since Robbo had a go after the Partick game. A big concern, he seems to have stopped talking and I think Coll needs someone to keep him right. Missed Rooney's attacking runs, McKay was happy staying in his position and generally looked disinterested. Tremarco didn't get forward much but at least looked interested. Trafford needs about 3/4 touches before passing. Slows us down every time. Storey, runs fast to the outside. Never cuts in. No variety, seems disinterested. Curry played central but struggled a bit to find space. White held ball up well. Doran, surprised he was sponsors mom. Offered very little apart from a 10 min spell in the first half. 

Really concerning. Didn't see any speed of passing (1 touch, 1-2s). No guile to take a man out of his position and create space for others. We played slowly, rigidly, no confidence or belief. We really struggled to break down Clyde. 

Was disappointed with the line up. We started with a strong line up but these are the players who performed so poorly the week before. If this was their chance to right the wrong, they failed badly. Was desperate to see Machado to offer some spark or guile. Really concerned for next week.

Penalties were good. Ridgers is good. Free wafer was good. Everything else was awful

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Having been a critic of the displays this season hats off to the boy's who made it yesterday not easy its okay  for us we can call in a sicky Rest and get fit for the next big game Saturday is a must win.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Are you telepathic as well as clairvoyant? 

The reason I say that is that I was just wondering what's the longest period of time we've gone without scoring.  (Sudden death penalties don't count.)  Just over three games now.

In recent times longest I can see is 2013-14 season. 4 games without scoring in March 2014. 1 FACQF: 1 LC Final: 2 in the league.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic