Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup SF Draw

Rasczak

Agreed. I would be sorely tempted to scratch from the competition in protest were it not for the fact that that would rightly be seen as hypocrisy given that we have effectively inserted our colts team into the Highland League thus compromising the I integrity of that venerable competition.

36 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Agreed. I would be sorely tempted to scratch from the competition in protest were it not for the fact that that would rightly be seen as hypocrisy given that we have effectively inserted our colts team into the Highland League thus compromising the I integrity of that venerable competition.

That's a fair point...

What a disappointing competition this has been for us in terms of opposition. Not one game against any of the Irish, Welsh or English sides. How refreshing would that have been? And now we get a side from that shambolic excuse for a football club. Hope we pump them but, on current form, that doesn't seem likely. We have until mid Feb to sort ourselves out.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Gringo said:

What a disappointing competition this has been for us in terms of opposition. Not one game against any of the Irish, Welsh or English sides. How refreshing would that have been? And now we get a side from that shambolic excuse for a football club.

Picking up on that, it feels...off. Rangers are the only side in the tournament who've managed to draw foreign opposition for three rounds on the trot.

Not sure if I'm over thinking it here, but it kinda feels like the SPFL are making sure the biggest fan base goes down south to the national league, to be met by another big fan base, selling out the ground, then ultimately profiting...

Edited by Jack Waddington
SPFL, NOT SFA!
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Picking up on that, it feels...off. Rangers are the only side in the tournament who've managed to draw foreign opposition for three rounds on the trot.

Not sure if I'm over thinking it here, but it kinda feels like the SFA are making sure the biggest fan base goes down south to the national league, to be met by another big fan base, selling out the ground, then ultimately profiting...

The SFA have nothing to do with this competition.

In my opinion its imperative for Scottish football that ICTFC win this, much in the same way that a non-Scottish team winning this competition makes it a mockery, a colt team will do little but compound the argument that colt teams (especially the OF) should be allowed to enter the lower leagues based on being highly competitive and bringing good crowds. So far all other colts have been honking in this competition, so this should be shown as an exception rather than a demonstration of capability.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

In my opinion its imperative for Scottish football that ICTFC win this, much in the same way that a non-Scottish team winning this competition makes it a mockery, a colt team will do little but compound the argument that colt teams (especially the OF) should be allowed to enter the lower leagues based on being highly competitive and bringing good crowds. So far all other colts have been honking in this competition, so this should be shown as an exception rather than a demonstration of capability.

Not sure ICTFC are in any position to be taking a stand against the idea of entering colt teams in the lower leagues given what we did with Fort William!

As far as I am aware we do not have a Colts team in the highland league. We have loaned players to a club upnthe highland league. Nowhere does it say Nairn county etc playing ICTFC Colts. Irrelevant how many players have been loaned out. They play for fort William.

• Like 1