Scotty

Great three points. The pleasing aspect was seeing the team with fight today. Let Dundee have too much possession second half and nearly payed the price. Todorov hardly touched the ball when he came on and we were unable to hold it up. Carson's determination created the goal and Doran finished well. Statement of intent today and loved the attitude. 

Well that was the proverbial backs to the wall performance, feckin awful to watch for most of the game.

Dundee had a huge amount of possession but didn't do a great deal with it, Don't think Ridgers had a proper save to make, only in the last 10 minutes or so did we wake up and get forward and put some pressure in the Dee defence, but once again we wasted a couple of chances.

Good to see Doran score as he's been off form recently, but he missed a glaring chance when one on one with the Dee keeper.

However 1 0 win, 3 points, clean sheet can not be sniffed at especially when we have been rank rotten for weeks.

Don't know what to make of Storey, he looked like he had a complete brain freeze when he was given the ball, he needs to play through the middle or do something different.  

Big Jord did some stuff right but faded big time second half and got subbed, Also good to see Rooney back on the pitch as Brad is still a bombscare.

Edited by caley100
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

Coincidence the bad run started when the EGM and our financial problems were announced and ended when the latest two re-appointments to the board were announced?

I’ve thought that too. The off pitch issues clearly not as impacted the players. However, the bug running through the club maybe was a bigger issue than we realised: only time will tell. 

There was determination and passion today, so hopefully the guys are focussed and back on track. 

I’ve seen a comment on social media about our ball boys. Credit(?) to them for twice winding Dundee up, once at a goal kick and then at a throw. Unusual for us to be trying to waste time. 

That said, the way the guys closed out the last five minutes was spot on. We kept the ball at the Dundee end and played the clock down brilliantly. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Polo Chick said:

Let's not get carried away there was not much quality football on display but a much needed win but we have scored 1 goal in 4 games that's a huge concern and 1 that doesn't seem to be getting any better

If they do start playing better and scoring more goals that would be good. Currently in third and not firing on all cylinders yet. Onward and upward ?

• Agree 1

A real team performance yesterday, every player seemed to know their role and executed it  very well.

Defended as a team and managed to keep another clean sheet.

Probably the best team performance of the season, well drilled organised and won against a team that should be challenging for promotion if we go by budget.

Well done to every single player and the management who made correct substitutions at correct times imo.

Only one goal scored but thats all you need if you keep a clean sheet.

This result was top drawer.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Confused 1

I got the impression Tremarco felt he could play on, so hopefully it was precautionary. 

Mckay was limping a couple of minutes before he was subbed and was going to be replaced anyway but then had to do a chase back and tackle which left him needing attention. He looked the bigger risk. 

Edited by Robert

Echo most of the above. After a torrid few weeks we at least showed a bit of fight and belief.

Ridgers solid apart from mix up where Carlo cleared off the line. Central defence stuck to the basics and grew as the game progressed. Trafford was slow to press the ball in the first half but looked good in the second half. Carson had an excellent first half but faded a bit. McKay got roasted by mcdaid first half but coped a bit better after the break. Doran had his best game in a long time, worked hard, took his goal well (we won't mention the one on one). Storey was rotten until the final 15mins. Mchattie did enough. White had a good first half. Toddy did nothing, Keatings exploited the space well after they sacrificed a midfielder to go 4-4-2.

Robbo gets credit, he sussed out Dundee, matched up against their formation and it worked. Players looked up for it today. Dundee have good individuals but struggled to really break us down. Nice to leave the game happy and wanting to look at the league table again. 

• Agree 3

Dundee were shite. Their only plan seemed to be a ball over the top to McDaid who was roasting Mckay for most of the game but he had no final ball to speak of so any time it looked like they might threaten he sent it out for a throw in. We were our own worst enemy with Ridgers getting in a right mess and coming out to claim a ball he was never getting and the ball nearly ended up in the net until Tremarco flew in to clear it away.

Some finish by Doran from a stupidly tight angle for our goal. Probably our only real good bit of attacking play. Great effort from Carson to set up the goal as well. Hadn't seen him be so combative before and it's been a while since we've had someone with that kind of dig in the middle. Doran should have had a second but somehow dribbled into the keeper rather around him to seal the game.

Not quite seeing the good performance that some fans have been commenting on. I guess we did well with a reshaped team playing a slightly different formation but I was disappointed at how much we sat back after going ahead. Dundee were no great shakes and we are definitely better when we go on the offensive.

Tremarco was probably my MotM even without that diving headed clearance. Donaldson and McCart looked a bit more solid at the back as well and Carson, as mentioned above, showed a lot of dig in midfield and it was great to see him celebrating the way he was at the end. Clearly meant a lot to him.

18 hours ago, WYNESS101 said:

" But there is concern over defenders Brad Mckay and Carl Tremarco who were both taken off injured in the second half. "

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/caley-thistle-beat-dundee-to-go-third-in-championship-186807/

More of a concern our strikers been utter gash ! Side note see Tremarcos been taking woman's fitness classes maybe he's holding a bit in reserve for that!

• Funny 1

23 hours ago, RiG said:

Not quite seeing the good performance that some fans have been commenting on. 

Rig we had shipped 6 goals in 2 games, so Im a bit surprised you didnt see the good performance on Saturday.

We go one up in 16 mins and  managed to keep the lead for the rest of the game with the team fighting and defending in an organised fashion.

We went top of  the league a few weeks ago against Alloa and were unable to keep the lead for 5 mins then went into a slump culminating in the shambles against Arbroath

Saturday was back to the fighting spirit we showed in the play off games last season, I for one thought in the circumstances of a virus running through the club was an outstanding performance and could be pivotal in defining our season.

2 clean sheets in a row, through to a semi final , 3rd in the league compared to 4th ,more points this year compared to last year at game 14 and the fighting spirit back.

Whats not to like Rig ?

Of course we are not brilliant but lets face it neither is Scotland national team but we are only 2 games away from qualifying for a Euro final.

I feel the same about us if we can follow this up with a  win at Alloa we are on our way to the premiership playoffs and the win against Dundee will have been the turning point to get us to second spot.

We are then capable of getting to the final and one game against premiership opposition will cap an incredible season.

Its not all about pretty football its all about character and we had that in abundance on Saturday.

Saturday to me was exactly the opposite to the feeling I had at Arbroath.

I got my belief back

We need you to get your belief back too because you are one of the best posters on here.

Keep believing?

Edited by Gregor
  • Like 1

Think the result was more down to how inept Dundee were than how good we were. We scored early on, but yet again failed to capitalize on the good start and conceded possession for the next 70 minutes only picking up in the last 10 when Keatings came on. Unfortunately I was pretty underwhelmed by the performance but will take the result.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic